Biotest

Banana Cream Pie

Banana Cream Pie

“I’m gonna eat a whole damn pie and no one can stop me!”

Sometimes you just want dessert. Here’s one way to have it without having to lift your flab up to find your belt loops.

The only real sugar here comes from the banana, and while dietary fat isn’t the enemy, choosing fat-free ingredients with this dessert will greatly lower the calories. Because you know you’re going to eat the whole thing on one sitting.

Note: Cool Whip isn’t exactly a health food, even if you get the sugar-free variety. Still, this is about the healthiest way I can think of to eat a banana cream pie. Feel free to reply with your variations or improvements.

Ingredients

Crust: either diced walnuts or 1 banana
4 oz fat-free or regular cream cheese (half a standard rectangular package)
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup Splenda or equivalent sweetener of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz Cool Whip, sugar free
1 scoop banana cream <a href="https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_store"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive (or vanilla)
Topping: 1 banana
Cinnamon to taste (optional)

Directions

1. Line the bottom of a pie tin or bowl with either diced walnuts or slices of banana.

2. In a bowl, mix up the cream cheese, sour cream, Splenda and vanilla with a fork.

3. Fold in thawed Cool Whip and Metabolic Drive. Pour over “crust.” Dash with cinnamon if you want.

4. Chill for a few hours in the fridge or one hour in the freezer.

5. Eat the whole thing whole watching Glee. We won’t tell.

– Chris

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Banana Cream Pie

Note: Cool Whip isn’t exactly a health food, even if you get the sugar-free variety. Still, this is about the healthiest way I can think of to eat a banana cream pie. Feel free to reply with your variations or improvements.

[/quote]

Whenever i did the Pumpkin Mousse i always just used the regular Cool Whip as i found the sugar-free variety always had more crap in it than the alternative. I think you recommended trying Greek Yogurt with that recipe, i don’t recall anyone ever trying it on that one and wonder if it could apply to this one… calling chef corst.