Biotest

Bad Action and Bad Reaction

Hello,
After my second child, my thyroid was affected and it took over two years to figure out that my thyroid (both T3 and T4) just do not want to behave. I am on a T3 and T4 substitute that has seemed to get things back in order. At least got me back to post baby 1 weight. Even though my body appears to be back on the right track my metabolism does not seem to want to cooperate. I have tried other supplements (with not the best dieting habit, not bad but not good) with very little results.

I am cleared to do any program that is deemed healthy and safe if followed but will this program work for even the stubbornest of metabolic resistors? Meaning, have you had others with slow metabolism see any results? I am a 39 yo female with 24% BMI. I have a goal to be lean and fit but I could care less about the scale. I just want to get back to my pre baby fit body, not compete in competition but look like I could if I tired just a tad bit harder. I can do the work, I just need help with the diet to jump start my metabolism.

Also, it looks like this is a great program for women like me that tend to deal with stress with food. I don’t drink and don’t smoke but I do find emotional comfort in food. I know that is an unhealthy response and I hope to break that cycle too.

I would appreciate candid feedback.

Thank you!
B

The V-Diet is particularly good at helping those who have issues with stress eating and other psychological issues that relate to overeating. I call it “dietary rehab” for that reason. It’s tough mentally sometimes, though you’ll be very well-nourished during the 28 days.

But yes, the V-Diet has many components that support the metabolism. Sounds like it would work for you, and I’ll be here in this forum to help you tweak it as needed for your needs and goals.

Thanks Chris,
I am going to get started for me. My sister is thinking about doing it too. She is trying to build mass but she doesn’t have too much fat to lose. Would this be a good program for her? She weighs 128 now but she is trying to gain lean muscle.

Thank you again!!!
Bethanie

The V-Diet is mainly for fat loss, though many do get some muscle gains due to the high protein intake and some of the compounds in the supplements. A better idea for her could simply be to use one of our workout nutrition supplements used around training time to enhance muscle gains and recovery. Plazma and Mag-10 would be ideal. She may also want to look into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/seven"target=“new”>Se7en.

Awesome Chris,
Than you again. We are both going to get started December 1st. We will post before/after pics after we finish on 12/28. We will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!!

My wife had her thyroid removed over 25 years ago, and the doc’s are always jockying around with her hormone dosages. However, V-Diet works great for her, did it as a finisher to Dr. John B’s year long weight loss program and “wow”! Short story, no problems with her hormone levels on the V-Diet.

Thanks Kevin,
I had such a hard time finding a doctor that would listen to me. I knew something was wrong but I just didn’t know what.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my message. I am going to start on December 1st so I don’t have to deal with yummy smells and food on Thanksgiving.

And thank you for your service. It is deeply appreciated!

Wish me luck!!!
Bethanie

Thanks for your input here, Kevin!