Biotest

Aussie V-Dieter

I’m starting this journal one week into the V-Diet as I find myself reflecting a lot on my progress and daily thoughts concerning this diet and my bodybuilding venture as a whole. From this point on I will be recording my experiences via this journal.

Bit about me. Currently 33 years old, turning 34 soon. Been following this scene since the early days of Muscle Media and have been here since day dot at T-Nation. Long term illness and living overseas kept me sidelined from training for many years, but I always checked in daily to T-Nation to keep abreast of the developments in the bodybuilding field.

Been back in training for a while now and have rebuilt most of what I have lost, and felt it’s time to shed some of the fat. So here is my starting off point from a week ago.

Looking pretty lean already! You must be going for “ridiculously shredded” with the V-Diet. Keep us updated!

Thanks Chris. Although I’m in the “kinda-lean” category, I’ve yet to ever reach the point of being really cut. My dream physique and biggest inspiration has always been the pics of Danny Hester from back in the old MM2K days. The guy’s about my weight and height, (I’m 5’7 and 180lbs in the pic above) and is a realistic ideal to shoot for.

Progress wise, I lost 5kg (11 pounds) my first week. Not too sure if this is too much to lose in one week, as I’m feeling a bit flat and depleted muscle wise. I understand that a lot of this initial loss is water, however the psychology of feeling “smaller” is definitely rearing its head.

Anyway, waiting for me when I got home today was my order of Superfood which I’m looking forward to making a supplement staple from now on.

dude your gonna make some good progress your already pretty stacked…your gonna be shredded!

Hi ya,

Can I ask as a very interested party, how did you go with getting products here in Auss, did you order it all on line here and get it delivered from the US or did you go on to the Biotestaustralia website and order from there, as you can get all the products there minus the HOT-ROX Extreme, which i would think would be a major part of the program.

If you can let me know I would appreciate it as I would love to do this but don’t know the best way around it.

Thanks.

[quote]Ihi wrote:
Hi ya,

Can I ask as a very interested party, how did you go with getting products here in Auss, did you order it all on line here and get it delivered from the US or did you go on to the Biotestaustralia website and order from there, as you can get all the products there minus the HOT-ROX Extreme, which i would think would be a major part of the program.
[/quote]

I had been planning to do this diet for a while, so I was stocking my supplements in advance. The week I started though, T-Nation released the new version with the addition of Superfood and Leucine. I ordered the Superfood, but at this stage I’m going to have to forgo the purchase of the Leucine because at 80 bucks a bottle its just too expensive for my tight, elementary school teacher’s wage. :frowning:

Which brings me to this point. I want to reach through my computer screen and bitch slap people from the USA who complain about the supplements for this diet being TOO expensive.

My stack cost as follows, ordered over a period of time.

Metabolic Drive 11 containers - $846.45
2 Flameouts -$139.90
2 HOT-ROX (I now found out that it is not even the new version, but the older version instead!!:frowning: - $200.00
2 Surge Recovery - $175.90
2 Superfood - $149.90

for a grand total of $1312.15 for 28 days PLUS all the postage and shipping for all the orders over time.

One more thing. We don’t get FED-Ex shipping here either. My last lot of supps from BiotestAustralia took just over 3 weeks to be delivered, and I had to drive 2 hours to pick the fuckers up from the airport when i missed the courier dropoff. While picking up my supps, I was driving around for longer than anticipated in the middle of nowhere and ran out of fuel. That day’s NEPA was spent walking to a gas station.

BUT

You can bet that after going through this much trouble and spending this much money, my level of committment to achieve my goals is all the more higher.

Long story short, I used to order directly from the USA, but with our weak Aussie dollar killing us, it’s a tad cheaper to order from the BiotestAustralia site…undependable bastards that they are

Wow - now THAT’s Commitment!

You’re an elementary school teacher??? I thing that’s awesome :slight_smile: . . . But Dang. I bet you’ve got a few little girls in your class w/ innocent teacher-crushes (and probably a few mom’s w/ not-so-innocent teacher crushes too!)

lol christietracy, I think the boys in the class dig it more than the girls. I bought in some adjustable dumbells, a bench and a barbell so the kids like to bash around on them for a bit before school. I get a kick out of watching them compete to see who can lift the most.

They’re always cringing over watching me drink my shakes, but they ask a lot of questions and some of the mums have told me that their sons have asked them to start “putting more protein-foods” in their school lunches.

Good job Mate, whereabouts are you based now? I used to live Down Under for 5 years, best 5 years of my short existence thus far on Earth.

Hey cornyjoke. I’m from the west in Perth. Good weather but isolated from the rest of humanity. Did you have a chance to visit here?

Time to talk training. Anyone who says the training program that accompanies this diet is easy is nuts. Full body training, short rest periods combined with low carbs and calories equals rough going in my world. The first week was brutal and I couldn’t even complete more than 4 circuits of the V-Burn challenge. I need my Spike to get me through after a long day. I also notice that my normal workout pump is down a bit.

Interesting thing about my first few workouts. I don’t know if this was because of the Surge or what, but 45 minutes after drinking my postworkout Surge, I began to feel like I was going to faint. I got really shaky and sweaty, and have since learned that I need to pound down a MD shake within 45 minutes of that one, or else I start seeing stars. I’ve never used Surge before, but has anyone else experienced this?

I like how quick the workouts take though. And I’m really enjoying the NEPA walks at night with my girlfriend. It’s really warm here at night, and not dark until 9pm most nights.

[quote]Random Weights wrote:
Interesting thing about my first few workouts. I don’t know if this was because of the Surge or what, but 45 minutes after drinking my postworkout Surge, I began to feel like I was going to faint. I got really shaky and sweaty, and have since learned that I need to pound down a MD shake within 45 minutes of that one, or else I start seeing stars. I’ve never used Surge before, but has anyone else experienced this?

[/quote]

yes yes yes.

I’ve never used the Surge before this diet either, and they are super sweet, loaded with maltodextrin and D-Glucose (42g sugar/serving). These both break down extremely fast in the body triggering an immediate response in the form of a massive insulin spike. If you were a clean-carb/low carb dieter before like me, then you’re body is probably really sensitive to insulin. This spike can for sure cause dizziness and such.

This is not a blast on Surge Recovery. On the contrary, it’s its purpose. Massive intake of super-high GI carbs causes a correspondingly massive spike in insulin which drives glucose into the muscle cells to be stored as glycogen. This also has a secondary benefit of pulling other much needed nutrients into the muscle as well. The purpose of a post-workout shake basically.

If you knew all this, sorry. but someone else stumbling on your thread might find it interesting, or you could have a mod delete it off if it’s unwanted clutter.

Good luck on the rest of your diet. Would you mind posting your workouts and the weights/reps and all?

[quote]Random Weights wrote:
Hey cornyjoke. I’m from the west in Perth. Good weather but isolated from the rest of humanity. Did you have a chance to visit here?

Time to talk training. Anyone who says the training program that accompanies this diet is easy is nuts. Full body training, short rest periods combined with low carbs and calories equals rough going in my world. The first week was brutal and I couldn’t even complete more than 4 circuits of the V-Burn challenge. I need my Spike to get me through after a long day. I also notice that my normal workout pump is down a bit.

[quote]

See my post in V-Diet in March forum started by Slag on the V-Burn Challenge. It sucks ass, but just push through it. I tried doing it on a bit less sleep than usual and only 2 HOT-ROX, nearly passed out, so decided to remedy that by fueling up on breaky first.

I have had the chance to visit Perth, its a really quiet and beautiful place but I lived mostly on the East Coast as that was where I used to be based. I shuttled between Canberra and Sydney as well as Jervis Bay a lot for work. Really miss the place and all my good mates.

Have noticed that since last Thursday, my moods have been getting worse, and at times I have been feeling depressed. Generally I’m a pretty up-beat person, and normally I feel a major high after working out. Yesterday while doing front squats though, I almost needed to rack the weight because I felt like I was going to burst out in tears and was thinking to myself “why the fuck am I doing this??”.

The only other time this has happened was when I did the T-Dawg diet years ago, going very low carb for a while.

HSM time yesterday, I made sure I had a banana, some rice and some fruit and I feel better today. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a change in mood while on this diet? I felt great the first week, but that has dropped.

I know what you mean about the moods. Especially when surrounded by kids all day!

You should try teaching older kids!

I’ve been labelled the moody steroid teacher cos I’m always drinking shakes, I always go to the gym after work and apparently I shout more now.

I was worst during wk 2 but they subsided and although more irritable you learn to cope.

Don’t give up mate. You may curse the V at the minute but think about the long term!

Paul

Thanks Irishtinker. Yeah the kids can be draining some time. Worked with high school kids my first year and they were very hard work.

Things have been a bit better the last couple of days mood wise. I switched up flavours of my MD from Chocolate to Banana, so maybe that small modification has helped.

Things I have noticed since being on this diet;

1. My sense of smell has become very acute. I never noticed the fragrance of food so much as I have since I started. I can smell each individual kid’s lunch when we’re eating.

2. Sucking the sweet sweet nectar from the Flameout capsules has become a highlight of my day.

3. Gas and bloating is waaaayy down while on this diet. Whereas before I would always begin the day with literally, a 20 second-long fart, I don’t have that pleasure anymore. (which is probably just as well with my recently developed olfactory capability)

Day 16

Workouts are feeling better overall, but not really getting the overhead squat. My arms bend during the movement so that the barbell descends to the top of my head as I bottom out. I’m only using 20lbs on an Olympic bar and it’s still hard.

Lost another 2kg (4.4) pounds over the last nine days. Upper abs are sharpening up, but love handles and lower abs are being a bit resistant.

Day 22

Not really much to report. Finishing up the last few days now and getting ready to enter two weeks of maintenance. On the weekend I felt I was on the border of being sick for a few days. I’ve kept to the diet without breaking though and upped my Superfood doses.

I’m not really cutting up as much as I thought I have. My lower abdominal fat has been quite resistant, and some of my dress pants from last summer are still tight around the waist. I thought I would be packing a full set of abs and veins by now. Not really sure what I else I can do…I suppose it’s only been just over three weeks so I will keep on persevering.

Me after taking a long layoff after living in Japan. I was getting some postural work done, hence the tape on the shoulders.

This shot was taken 12 weeks later doing the HST program. I’m 17kg (30 something pounds) lighter in this pic compared to the pic at the top of my posts. I jumped on the “eat-anything-that-isn’t-nailed-down” bandwagon and fucked up majorly I think in retrospect. Will be keeping it clean after this diet is over.

Nice work, may i ask where where you got the bio test products from?