Biotest

Ask Chris

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
bmwdemon wrote:
Chris,

I am starting my V-Diet on the 3rd of January. I am doing prep work with my diet and schedule but had a few questions.

one - here are my numbers:

5.5 shakes a day with the classic usage of additional supps (I weight 240LBS)

numbers = 1900 workout days & 1600 non-work out

Is it advisable to re-crunch the numbers the day before or should I stick with what I have now?

I also work-out around 5:30-6:00pm and my schedule for intake afterwards looks like 7:00pm and again at 8:45 since bed time is usually around 10:00pm

on work-out days should I take my Surge followed by my shake at 7:00 and then at 8:45 do another shake with the PB in it along with the Flameout? My concern is that I will nullify the Surge with Flameout because of the minimum hours between the shakes.

Thanks in advance and getting ready for war.

Michael

Question: How trained and muscular are you? At 240, do you have over 35 pounds of fat to lose total? If so, your numbers are 1300 and 1600.

As for timing, Surge Recovery should be consumed as soon as the last rep hits the floor. One hour later, have your next shake. If that’s too close to a final shake, then your shakes earlier in the day need rearranged.

I like for the last shake to be about an hour before bed, but there’s leeway there.
[/quote]

I trained pretty hard in my earlier days but I do think I have at least 25LBS of fat to lose. I have been working out on and off for the last couple years and have remained solid but packing on the fat…I’ll be posting pics up later in my blog under the V-Diet section. I am at 24.9% BF.

Thanks for the input on the Surge…what I will do is just take it with me so as I am putting that last weight down will be consuming it…that will be perfect timing then as I timed myself last night. Thanks!

Michael

Hi Chris.

I will be starting the V-Diet on January 5th and have 2 questions.

1. The container of Benefibre I have indicates that there are 3 grams of carbs per serving. Do I count these towards my daily max. of 100 grams of carbs on training days? I have read some contradictory articles regarding whether carbs from fibre should be counted towards your daily carb intake.

2. In addition to lifting weights, I usually train 2 hours of jiu-jitsu/MMA two nights per week. I am planning to cut my training down from 2 nights to 1 and substitute this training session for one of the recommended weightlifting sessions per week.

I know you always say that you cannot predict how altering the V-Diet plan will impact results but I am looking for your opinion on the strategy outlined above given that I am not prepared to give up my jiu-jitsu training entirely over the course of the 28 days.

Thanks in advance Chris!

[quote]Ninjo wrote:
Hi Chris.

1. The container of Benefibre I have indicates that there are 3 grams of carbs per serving. Do I count these towards my daily max. of 100 grams of carbs on training days? I have read some contradictory articles regarding whether carbs from fibre should be counted towards your daily carb intake.

2. In addition to lifting weights, I usually train 2 hours of jiu-jitsu/MMA two nights per week. I am planning to cut my training down from 2 nights to 1 and substitute this training session for one of the recommended weightlifting sessions per week.

I know you always say that you cannot predict how altering the V-Diet plan will impact results but I am looking for your opinion on the strategy outlined above given that I am not prepared to give up my jiu-jitsu training entirely over the course of the 28 days.

Thanks in advance Chris![/quote]

Ninjo,

1. Count them, but don’t sweat if you go over in the carbs a little. Also, if you’re using mostly chocolate or vanilla low-carb Metabolic Drive, you may not even need extra fiber. If so, then usually a couple of tablets of sugar-free Fiber Choice will get you to 25g total per day.

2. Don’t skip the weight training. It’s crucial. Skipping NEPA is fine on that day though.

Chris,

In one of my earlier post you had asked me if I had more than 35LBS of fat to lose and if so have my numbers way down at 1300/1600. I got my BF measured which was at 24.9%. I since then lost 6LBS and will be measure again this coming Friday (the day I start the V-diet) I also was reading Gus’s transformation which is incredible at his beginning weight of 210 he was sitting at 1500/1800…

my question is that if I have less than 35LBS of fat to lose and I have a pretty good platform (under all my fat) should I run my numbers at what Gus was doing and still be safe to drop the fat and retain my muscle? I just thought your numbers were a little low and I want the best results possible…

Thank you,

Michael

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Ninjo wrote:
Hi Chris.

Thanks in advance Chris!

Ninjo,

1. Count them, but don’t sweat if you go over in the carbs a little. Also, if you’re using mostly chocolate or vanilla low-carb Metabolic Drive, you may not even need extra fiber. If so, then usually a couple of tablets of sugar-free Fiber Choice will get you to 25g total per day.

2. Don’t skip the weight training. It’s crucial. Skipping NEPA is fine on that day though.

[/quote]
Thanks Chris. One more thing, why is creatine monohydrate not recommended while on the V-Diet…i would have thought it would help you stay strong and hang on to your LBM.

[quote]Ninjo wrote:

Thanks Chris. One more thing, why is creatine monohydrate not recommended while on the V-Diet…i would have thought it would help you stay strong and hang on to your LBM.
[/quote]

There’s some info on that in the Ancillary Supplement Guide thread. Here’s the link:

First of all : I apologize for my grama. I am from Denmark, and I have never been good at writing english, although I understand and practically speaks it fluently.
I wonder if the velocity diet is only for obese people, or people with a large muscle mass to begin with?
Im a woman, and I´m not owerweight (anymore) or loaded with muscles for that sake. I am 24 years old 5´5 high and weighs 119 lbs. My bodyfat % is 20.

I have been working out 2-4 times a week during the last 2 years. I lost nearly 66 lbs after giving birth to my son! and gained some muscle, but not overwhelming. But!! I have never been able to see my abs or get rit of the fat deposities on my hips and thighs! I´d like to try the diet to finally fit into a swimsuit without being ashamed. It looks ridicolous to be a zise small with fat deposities!!!

I wanna know if the diet can be adjust to me somehow? I also wanna know if there is any products to replace Biotest? I am aware that the results may vary then, but as you already know I´m from Denmark and I can tell, that unfortunately some of the ingredients are not allowed in our country. So i might get a bill little higher than expected.(no thanks) I also have to pay alot in taxes besides the general price for the products and delevering to my country. So I simply can´t afford it. I hope someone can tell me what to do. Thank you in advance.

chris what would you think about using clenbuterol as the thermogenic? As it has phenominal thermogenic qualities and is quite an effective anticatabolic? even though you can only run it three weeks say I did first week T3/then ran three weeks clenb?

[quote]swurvenm wrote:
chris what would you think about using clenbuterol as the thermogenic? As it has phenominal thermogenic qualities and is quite an effective anticatabolic? even though you can only run it three weeks say I did first week T3/then ran three weeks clenb? [/quote]

I’ve used clen, and it sucks compared to HOT-ROX Extreme. I threw away the last clen I had. (Made me feel like hell anyway.)

And clen’s anticatabolic properties have been shown to basically not exist in humans last time I checked, although many people thought it had that ability in the early days. Also, HOT-ROX has many other benefits that clen can’t provide. See the Biotest store for more info.

And the bigger point is this: The V-Diet works miracles when it comes to fat loss WITHOUT resorting to drugs or illegal compounds. You can’t “make it better” by adding shady drugs.

Dear Chris
did you overlook my guestion by mistake ??

Chris,
Will this diet be good for a 50 year old beginner ? I was very athletic when i was younger, able to do century bike rides with no problem. Then I contracted a autoimmune disease that put me on Corticosteroids and I bloated to 260lbs. I am now healthy again, in remission and off all prescribed medication. I am looking to get this weight back off and just rejoined the gym and started some lifting. Do you think this would be good for me? I would reall like to try it. Thanks

Ron

Chris,

I am a 222 pound male who is 45 pounds overweight. After running the numbers (using the over 30 pounds to lose formula) my calories came out to 1509 & 1257. My first concern was that at that calorie range I would not get the 1 gm of protein per pound minimum achieved.

I have read your answers to a few other members and it appears that that rule is not required for very overweight individuals. So I will proceed with these calorie ranges and a protein number of 175g on non-workout days.

The other concern is that these levels are almost identical to the example you have for the 140 pound woman on the Figure Athlete V-Diet thread. I can not wrap my head around the thought that a 140 pound female requires the same protein as a 222 pound male.

I understand that I am overweight but my LBM is probably around 155, many pounds of muscle more than the female in your example. Is the theory behind the overweight formula correct?

Thanks,

Tim

Chris,

My plan to start the V-Diet is coming together and I have been playing with your formulas. Which one would you recommend for me?

I’m 6’2", 290 with 18-19% bodyfat. Long history of working out, but have had reasonably poor dietary habits. I want to lose 25-30 lbs, but the numbers are pretty different depending on which version I use.

The higher calorie version has me at 1900/2300 cals per day and the lower cal version has me at 1500/1800 per day. I’m leaning towards the higher calorie plan, but that would put me at about 7 shakes per day (at 290 grams of protein). Is that reasonable?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

G

Chris,
I have a strong feeling you’ve already answered this, so let me apologize now.
I’m sarting next week and can’t seem to find out what the peanut butter is for. I’ve looked forwards and backwards in the Physique Clinic, HQ, and Tavopacho’s thread. Could you please tell me what it’s for, when to use it, how often, etc. Thanks.

Chris,

Is it normal to have flashes? I get cold and then hot during different periods of the day…such as last night I was cold and bundled up and then got back to my normal temprature…it happens quite a bit. I also noticed that I get headaches on and off more than usual…what is this caused by?

so far so good though!

[quote]cistazz wrote:
First of all : I apologize for my grama. I am from Denmark, and I have never been good at writing english, although I understand and practically speaks it fluently.
I wonder if the velocity diet is only for obese people, or people with a large muscle mass to begin with?
Im a woman, and I´m not owerweight (anymore) or loaded with muscles for that sake. I am 24 years old 5´5 high and weighs 119 lbs. My bodyfat % is 20.

I have been working out 2-4 times a week during the last 2 years. I lost nearly 66 lbs after giving birth to my son! and gained some muscle, but not overwhelming. But!! I have never been able to see my abs or get rit of the fat deposities on my hips and thighs! I´d like to try the diet to finally fit into a swimsuit without being ashamed. It looks ridicolous to be a zise small with fat deposities!!!

I wanna know if the diet can be adjust to me somehow? I also wanna know if there is any products to replace Biotest? I am aware that the results may vary then, but as you already know I´m from Denmark and I can tell, that unfortunately some of the ingredients are not allowed in our country. So i might get a bill little higher than expected.(no thanks) I also have to pay alot in taxes besides the general price for the products and delevering to my country. So I simply can´t afford it. I hope someone can tell me what to do. Thank you in advance.
[/quote]

No, the V-Diet is not just for obese people. In fact, it’s mainly for those in okay shape that have hit a plateau.

No, I don’t recommend the V-Diet unless you can use Biotest supplements. There are no substitutes.

[quote]rooner wrote:
Chris,
Will this diet be good for a 50 year old beginner ? I was very athletic when i was younger, able to do century bike rides with no problem. Then I contracted a autoimmune disease that put me on Corticosteroids and I bloated to 260lbs. I am now healthy again, in remission and off all prescribed medication. I am looking to get this weight back off and just rejoined the gym and started some lifting. Do you think this would be good for me? I would reall like to try it. Thanks

Ron[/quote]

You will get great results just eating better and getting back on track in the gym. After a few months though, the V-Diet can help you break any plateaus. So, get some training under your belt first, then consider the V-Diet plan.

[quote]gigunda wrote:
Chris,

My plan to start the V-Diet is coming together and I have been playing with your formulas. Which one would you recommend for me?

I’m 6’2", 290 with 18-19% bodyfat. Long history of working out, but have had reasonably poor dietary habits. I want to lose 25-30 lbs, but the numbers are pretty different depending on which version I use.

The higher calorie version has me at 1900/2300 cals per day and the lower cal version has me at 1500/1800 per day. I’m leaning towards the higher calorie plan, but that would put me at about 7 shakes per day (at 290 grams of protein). Is that reasonable?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

G

[/quote]

These types of questions are very tough to answer, because all I have to go by is your guesses at how much fat you need to lose.

Most people have to lose much more than they think to get the body they want. For example, look at the pic of V-Dieter Gus above. He started at 210 and lost around 40 pounds of fat. Now, he never thought he had 40 pounds to lose, but he did.

Now, if you weigh 290 and are only 18 to 19% body fat, then you’re either hugely muscular or you’re way off on how fat you are. I could be wrong since I have no photo to go by, but do you really think you’d have abs at 260, your stated goal? If so, then you should consider a run at the Mr. Olympia.

My best guess is that you need to use the “I need to lose over 35 pounds” plan.

[quote]PaleriderXXI wrote:
Chris,
I have a strong feeling you’ve already answered this, so let me apologize now.
I’m sarting next week and can’t seem to find out what the peanut butter is for. I’ve looked forwards and backwards in the Physique Clinic, HQ, and Tavopacho’s thread. Could you please tell me what it’s for, when to use it, how often, etc. Thanks. [/quote]

Adds needed calories and balances out the types of fat. Use the PB in the last shake of the day. Also, those who use the PB tend to stick to the plan better, probably because that shake is very satisfying and filling at night.

[quote]bmwdemon wrote:
Chris,

Is it normal to have flashes? I get cold and then hot during different periods of the day…such as last night I was cold and bundled up and then got back to my normal temprature…it happens quite a bit. I also noticed that I get headaches on and off more than usual…what is this caused by?

so far so good though!

Flashes aren’t typical, and neither are headaches. But keep in mind that something like 3 in every 10 random people on the street have a headache or will get one that week. Could be unrelated to diet.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.