Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part II)


#1

Looks like we reached the upper limit of posts in the first “Ask Chris” thread <a href="http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/ask_chris_30"target=“new”>here, so let’s start a new one.

If you have any questions about <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram000.jsp"target=“new”>Velocity Diet 3.0, post them here and I’ll answer them shortly.


#2

Hi Chris,
I bought the package from Biotest and was very excited for this diet and the results most people seem to get. The problem for me after day 1 is that these shakes tear up my stomach and I was basically on the toilet all day. I mainly had the problem with the chocolate flavor of MD and was fine the one time I took the vanilla. I am not sure if the flavors make a diffeence
Is there anything you can recommend that would help me avoid this going forward,
Thanks
D


#3

[quote]bw5126 wrote:
Hi Chris,
I bought the package from Biotest and was very excited for this diet and the results most people seem to get. The problem for me after day 1 is that these shakes tear up my stomach and I was basically on the toilet all day. I mainly had the problem with the chocolate flavor of MD and was fine the one time I took the vanilla. I am not sure if the flavors make a diffeence
Is there anything you can recommend that would help me avoid this going forward,
Thanks
D[/quote]

Never heard of that before. Try cutting out the flax seeds for a while.


#4

I might be missing something but can you clarify this for me? my non work out days i need 1800 calories and work out day i need 2130. As far as the diet menu goes i added up whats listed to be 1755 for non-work out days which im sure was just rounded up to 1800 but whats different for the workout days to get the extra calories and protein?

The Surge is the only thing i see that you take only on workout days but that’s only 85 calories per serving which brings me to 1925 calories on the workout day. Are we adding an extra shake here? Please get back to me on this


#5

[quote]goneya wrote:
I might be missing something but can you clarify this for me? my non work out days i need 1800 calories and work out day i need 2130. As far as the diet menu goes i added up whats listed to be 1755 for non-work out days which im sure was just rounded up to 1800 but whats different for the workout days to get the extra calories and protein?

The Surge is the only thing i see that you take only on workout days but that’s only 85 calories per serving which brings me to 1925 calories on the workout day. Are we adding an extra shake here? Please get back to me on this[/quote]

Surge Recovery has over 300 calories, not 85.


#6

Chris…

I finished my first V-Diet in early May, and have simply been maintaining and eating better since. I’ve managed to come down from 224 to 205 since April 1. But its a new month, and while I do want to do the V-Diet again in the future, I am looking for a program at least for the next month, until I can purchase supplements and lay out a new game plan.

So for June, I considered just doing the V-Diet workouts, without the actual shakes and just eat better. But I feel I will be missing on gains without proper supplementation.

I have about 10-15 more pounds I’d like to lose, before working the other way really trying to gain muscle.

Any recommendations for life after the V-Diet? Thanks.


#7

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
goneya wrote:
I might be missing something but can you clarify this for me? my non work out days i need 1800 calories and work out day i need 2130. As far as the diet menu goes i added up whats listed to be 1755 for non-work out days which im sure was just rounded up to 1800 but whats different for the workout days to get the extra calories and protein?

The Surge is the only thing i see that you take only on workout days but that’s only 85 calories per serving which brings me to 1925 calories on the workout day. Are we adding an extra shake here? Please get back to me on this

Surge Recovery has over 300 calories, not 85.

[/quote]

ahh sorry i was looking at Surge Workout Fuel, so with the Surge Recovery thats about 1982 calories on workout days since your only taking two scoops does that look right or am I still miscalculating?


#8

Hey Chris,

Have had two problems with this diet.

  1. I have been somewhat lethargic, and I also get very light headed once in a while, is there anything I can do to combat this?

  2. I haven’t been going to the bathroom (I’m speaking of #2, been going #1) Is this normal? I’ve been taking the milled flax and sugar free fiber tablets as instructed but still, not been going. Any solutions? Thanks!


#9

On the V-Diet, once you’ve lost weight week to week, do you need to recalculate your diet? Or do you just use the original one for the full 28 days?


#10

[quote]samurai79 wrote:
Chris…

I finished my first V-Diet in early May, and have simply been maintaining and eating better since. I’ve managed to come down from 224 to 205 since April 1. But its a new month, and while I do want to do the V-Diet again in the future, I am looking for a program at least for the next month, until I can purchase supplements and lay out a new game plan.

So for June, I considered just doing the V-Diet workouts, without the actual shakes and just eat better. But I feel I will be missing on gains without proper supplementation.

I have about 10-15 more pounds I’d like to lose, before working the other way really trying to gain muscle.

Any recommendations for life after the V-Diet? Thanks.[/quote]

Eat heathy, train hard.

I know that’s very general, but it’s a very general question. We have 11 years worth of archived articles with training programs and eating plans. Just pick something and stay on track. And although Waterbury’s Velocity Training program is perfect for the V-Diet, I’d suggest using something else in between V-Diets just because we know how powerful change can be. See my “Dirty Little Secret” article here:

The important thing is consistency. Be doing something, but honestly it doesn’t really matter exactly what you’re doing, as long as it’s basic healthy eating and hard training.


#11

[quote]goneya wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
goneya wrote:
I might be missing something but can you clarify this for me? my non work out days i need 1800 calories and work out day i need 2130. As far as the diet menu goes i added up whats listed to be 1755 for non-work out days which im sure was just rounded up to 1800 but whats different for the workout days to get the extra calories and protein?

The Surge is the only thing i see that you take only on workout days but that’s only 85 calories per serving which brings me to 1925 calories on the workout day. Are we adding an extra shake here? Please get back to me on this

Surge Recovery has over 300 calories, not 85.

ahh sorry i was looking at Surge Workout Fuel, so with the Surge Recovery thats about 1982 calories on workout days since your only taking two scoops does that look right or am I still miscalculating?[/quote]

Print out plan. Follow it. Drop fat, keep muscle.

Really, we’ve done all the planning for you. Don’t sweat the details or any slight number differences. Just put down the calculator and follow the plan.


#12

[quote]GoinForBroke wrote:
Hey Chris,

Have had two problems with this diet.

  1. I have been somewhat lethargic, and I also get very light headed once in a while, is there anything I can do to combat this?

  2. I haven’t been going to the bathroom (I’m speaking of #2, been going #1) Is this normal? I’ve been taking the milled flax and sugar free fiber tablets as instructed but still, not been going. Any solutions? Thanks![/quote]

  1. It’s an extreme fat-loss diet. You probably aren’t going to feel “perfect.” Most people do adjust though in a few days.

  2. Remember, you’re not taking in much, so not much is going to come out. A natural reduction in “#2” is, well, natural. You’re “using up” everything you’re putting in. But feel free to have some extra fiber tablets if needed.


#13

[quote]davidtaylor138 wrote:
On the V diet, once you’ve lost weight week to week, do you need to recalculate your diet? Or do you just use the original one for the full 28 days?[/quote]

Original. Do not readjust calories.


#14

Hi Chris i posted a thread but didnt know that you had an answer section.

Whilst im wanting to do this diet and understand the proccess will be difficult…i wanted to know about the training regime in itself. Dont mind doing the various training methods BUT i also do MMA and boxing and basically wanted to know if i can/could carry that on…training 3 to 4 times per week?


#15

[quote]bluemonkey wrote:
Hi Chris i posted a thread but didnt know that you had an answer section.

Whilst im wanting to do this diet and understand the proccess will be difficult…i wanted to know about the training regime in itself. Dont mind doing the various training methods BUT i also do MMA and boxing and basically wanted to know if i can/could carry that on…training 3 to 4 times per week?[/quote]

See FAQ.


#16

Hey Chris,

How about making the first “Ask Chris” thread a sticky?


#17

Chris,

Are the workout routines in pdf format? If so, how can I get a copy? I’m sure this has already been brought so forgive my insolence.

Thanks


#18

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
Hey Chris,

How about making the first “Ask Chris” thread a sticky?[/quote]

It’s linked in this sticky. Good 'nuf. Don’t want to have too many stickies, crowds up the forum.


#19

[quote]Warpig wrote:
Chris,

Are the workout routines in pdf format? If so, how can I get a copy? I’m sure this has already been brought so forgive my insolence.

Thanks[/quote]

Click “Download Program” button in workout program section.


#20

i realize this is about the Velocity Diet but as of right now i dont have $500 to spend. I have $10 at the most. what other nutrition plan would u reccomend? at first i thought anabolic diet was the end-all diet because it drops alot of fat and builds little amounts of musclebut nutrition knowledge constantly changes.

at this time, what would u reccommend for my goal? my end goal is to reach 190 pounds 5% body fat, and id like to maintain close-to contest shape, with the crazy definition and muscularity. could u help me?