Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

Chris, I looked at FAQ before asking this here, but I didnt see an answer.

What would you say are the differences with this and the previous version of V-Diet?

Quick question:

How much is a serving of milled flaxseeds? I´m asking because i live in Colombia and flaxseed packages aren´t labeled…

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
jsirabella wrote:
Do you have to stick with the training program listed in the article or can you do more? I enjoy cycling and weight lifting. Can I continue on the same program? I can burn quite a few calories especially during cycling.

Do the program or don’t do the program.

Those who add lots of cardio and do their own thing with the training usually fail. You are not a unique snowflake who is immune to this.

[/quote]

This is also what I am very concerned about. I train in Krav Maga three times a week and my workouts are very intense conditioning workouts, mostly 20-30 minutes of anaerobic work.
Not sure if it will be possible to do 3 days of Krav and three days of the Waterbury workouts on this diet?
Maybe give up on the V-Burn Challenge?
I am paying way too much money for my classes to put them on hold for a month.
What do you think Chris?

dyeguy,

Here is an excerp from one of the sites I visit: (Vitamin Guide)

Magnesium is an essential mineral to the human body. It is needed for bone, protein, and fatty acid formation, making new cells, activating B vitamins, relaxing muscles, clotting blood, and forming adenosine triphosphate (ATP; the energy the body runs on). The secretion and action of insulin also require magnesium.

I don’t per se have muscle cramps alot, but I use to help to relax me to sleep at night. Hopes this helps. My husband had terrible muscle cramps last night and guess what I told him to take? LOL! Magnesium Citrate is the best for body to easily digest.

Good luck with this!

fitnesslady

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Chris, I looked at FAQ before asking this here, but I didnt see an answer.

What would you say are the differences with this and the previous version of V-Diet?[/quote]

I am not Chris and I am in no way an expert, but between my brother and I, we have done both 1.0 and 2.0 versions. I think both 1.0 and 2.0 had lower calories than 3.0.
With 1.0 you needed 21 fish oil caps that were replaced by only 4 Flameout with 2.0. 3.0 continues to use Flame out.
Different versions of HOT-ROX were used as well.

The exercise program provided was only an example of Coach Shugart’s personal program on 1.0 while 2.0 used Coach Waterbury’s circuit training. Partly due to people’s inability to tie up 3 pieces of gym equipment at the same time, the 3.0 exercise program by Coach Waterbury used straight sets and includes a V-Burn challenger program on the weekend.

Also, L-Luecine and Superfood were added to the 3.0 program to make it more healthier.
I know there are other differences but I forgot some of them. Hope this helps.

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
Quick question:

How much is a serving of milled flaxseeds? I´m asking because i live in Colombia and flaxseed packages aren´t labeled…[/quote]

Typically, a serving is 2 tablespoons, ground up, not whole. That’s 13g.

[quote]jarc wrote:

This is also what I am very concerned about. I train in Krav Maga three times a week and my workouts are very intense conditioning workouts, mostly 20-30 minutes of anaerobic work.
Not sure if it will be possible to do 3 days of Krav and three days of the Waterbury workouts on this diet?
Maybe give up on the V-Burn Challenge?
I am paying way too much money for my classes to put them on hold for a month.
What do you think Chris?
[/quote]

The V-Diet is not right for you at this time.

Look, we could twist around the workouts, alter the supplements, etc. and then you might do okay on the V-Diet. But you’d likely crash and burn. Money saved on classes, but money lost on V-Diet supplies.

I want people to succeed with this plan. Therefore I can only encourage them to do it as written; otherwise they’re just risking failure or poor results (muscle loss, not much fat loss etc.)

Chris,
So you mean to tell me that if I dont use “Biotest” supplements because they got confiscated at the border I am going to fail at this diet? That seems a little harsh doesn’t it? I am not doing this to become a bodybuilder my any means, rather to lean down to feel better about myself. Thanks for all the tips you gave, they have been very encouraging LMAO. Best of luck to the rest of you who can get the supplements. I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. See how “encouragement” works?

[quote]willis23 wrote:
Chris,
So you mean to tell me that if I dont use “Biotest” supplements because they got confiscated at the border I am going to fail at this diet? That seems a little harsh doesn’t it? I am not doing this to become a bodybuilder my any means, rather to lean down to feel better about myself. Thanks for all the tips you gave, they have been very encouraging LMAO. Best of luck to the rest of you who can get the supplements. I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. See how “encouragement” works?

[/quote]

  1. Yes. You will very likely fail the diet or get less-than-spectacular results by using the wrong supplements. Almost 4 years of feedback has taught us this. I don’t want people to fail the diet, so I “encourage” them to use the supplements that we know work.

  2. I “encourage” you to live in a country that doesn’t steal your protein powder.

Oh come on, #2 was funny, right?

Ya, I have to admit #2 was pretty funny. I would love to use your supplements but i guess it isn’t possible. Which is weird cause I have ordered off you guys before with no issues. I heard Canada is cracking down on import from the states. As to the diet, I will experiment with the stuff I got. The values are close to the same but obviously they aren’t exact. I have busted my ass before and dropped from 205 lbs 25% BF to 170 at 11% BF. I am currently at 178 lbs at roughly 13% and I WILL drop below 10 before I am content.

Anyhow I will keep ya posted on how this works out for me. Sorry for the snotty comments, just don’t like to be told that I will fail, because I only do things I am “good” at LOL. Lata folks, good luck!

[quote]jumpoff wrote:
Hi Chris,

I have a question about where all the massive weight loss is coming from on this diet … assuming that people are eating 500-800 calories below maintenance level, that adds up to 3500-5600 calories per week (or approximately 1-1.5 lbs of fat).

I understand that in the first week there is going to be a relatively high amount of weight lost due to water and glycogen loss, but it seems that some people are still losing around 3-4 lbs per week. Is this because of the added activity during a low carb diet?

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before.

thanks in advance[/quote]

Chris,

Any input about my question above?

Thanks

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Dyeguy, sorry, haven’t heard of anyone else having those issues in close to 4 years of people doing the diet. Could be unrelated to the plan. Fitnesslady’s advice seems sound. [/quote]

I’m just struggling to see how it could be unrealated to the diet when I’ve never encountered this problem before (and I have never kept track of sodium intake). I almost never put salt on anything, and I can’t find a big source of salt in my last diet, so I know its not just because I used to eat a lot or something to that nature.

I just really need some advice because the internet is full of different stats and figures about sodium intake, and the only info on T-Nation is an article saying to take in a lot lol. Can you give me some sort of figure as to how much I should be looking to take in? I don’t want to give up on this diet, and I don’t want to waste 500 bucks worth of supps over something that can be fixed by sodium and/or potassium. I just need to know where to start: what to take in, and in what amounts.

Thanks

Hi there!

I got more questions if you dont mind:

  1. How much exactly is a “serving” of milled flaxseed?

  2. The diet gave me: 1800 and something on non training days and 2130 in training days. The carbs are around 74 and 115 respectively. I tried to figure out the amount of carbs in the supplements…but it still short…if the protein low carb has like 1-2 grams per serving, where is the 74 grams carbs? Is the Superfood that high in carbs? Because the serving is 5 grams, so even that…i dont see it possible. Am i missing something?

  3. What was the idea behind driking only shakes for 28 days? Why not the same caloric amount but with whole food?

Thanksss

N.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
jarc wrote:

This is also what I am very concerned about. I train in Krav Maga three times a week and my workouts are very intense conditioning workouts, mostly 20-30 minutes of anaerobic work.
Not sure if it will be possible to do 3 days of Krav and three days of the Waterbury workouts on this diet?
Maybe give up on the V-Burn Challenge?
I am paying way too much money for my classes to put them on hold for a month.
What do you think Chris?

The V-Diet is not right for you at this time.

Look, we could twist around the workouts, alter the supplements, etc. and then you might do okay on the V-Diet. But you’d likely crash and burn. Money saved on classes, but money lost on V-Diet supplies.

I want people to succeed with this plan. Therefore I can only encourage them to do it as written; otherwise they’re just risking failure or poor results (muscle loss, not much fat loss etc.)

[/quote]

Roger that Chris. And ,as always, thanks for the honest answers.

Hi Chris, I am in my second transition week. lost 25lbs on the Velocity Diet so far. I just wanted to say thank you. I feel stronger and healthier than I have in many years. Velocity Diet 3.0 looks great. You guys did a excellent job.

Congratulations on your success.
Casey

Thankyou for the help, and suck it up is an option I am going to try tomorrow. I am going to take two scoops with a little over 20oz water and see if I make it through it. If not, I am going to try the crystal light. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

[quote]dyeguy1212 wrote:
Can you give me some sort of figure as to how much I should be looking to take in? I just need to know where to start: what to take in, and in what amounts.

Thanks

[/quote]

Sorry, I just don’t have that info. We just haven’t seen that issue in the past.

[quote]reesemortensen wrote:

  1. How much exactly is a “serving” of milled flaxseed?[/quote]

Two tablespoons. That info is usually on the container.

Because people generally fail miserably doing that, even though it’s “sensible.” If it were that easy, would 66% of the US population be overweight or obese? Plus, it doesn’t lead to any taste/craving changes or negative habit removal.

A typical dietician would disagree. And be fat.

Edit: I found where I answered this with more detail. I’ll add it here:

Q: Wouldn’t this diet work just as well if you used regular, solid foods and the same calorie and macronutrient guidelines?

A: Yes, you’d lose fat eating healthy foods using the same calorie and macronutrient guidelines. Remember, “eat less and exercise more” works every single time for fat loss. But if it were that easy, then every one reading this would be lean and sexy, right?

Sadly, people are getting fatter and fatter, even though they know they should improve their diets and exercise more. This is where the V-Diet is different? and very powerful. This mostly-liquid plan is simple and practically choice-free. It’s a no-brainer, and that makes it easy to understand and very doable.

The Velocity Diet also works very quickly, which is powerfully motivating in today’s immediate gratification society. People don’t want to lose four pounds a month on a regular diet; they want to lose fifteen or twenty. With the V-Diet, that’s very possible.

Lastly, the shakes are crucial in helping you break the hold of unhealthy food choices. I want you to crave vegetables, leans meats, and oatmeal while on this diet! I want those foods to become your “treats.”

Even though V-Diet shakes taste very good, you’ll begin to desire solid, healthy foods while drinking them. That’s our main goal: to kill the bad dietary habits and food addictions forever and replace them with healthy ones. This nearly all-shake plan will do that.

Chris, while I?m fighting to get Biotest supplements here in Italy, I got a quick question.
You talk about ?impossible to get results without these supplements?, but how the hell is not possible to get similar results if we use the same approach and supplements with similar, or the same, nutritional facts?

[quote]John Spartan wrote:
Chris, while I?m fighting to get Biotest supplements here in Italy, I got a quick question.
You talk about ?impossible to get results without these supplements?, but how the hell is not possible to get similar results if we use the same approach and supplements with similar, or the same, nutritional facts?
[/quote]

Try it and see.

But don’t call it the V-Diet.

I’ve answered this elsewhere many times, BTW:

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.