Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

[quote]italiano1979 wrote:
Chris, I just started the program Monday and wondering if the workout is mon,wed,fri,sat and sun or is it sat or sun[/quote]

The V-Burn is performed on Saturday or Sunday. It’s up to you. I prefer to do it on HSM day.

Now what? Chris I had ordered most of my supplements through Biotest only to have them confiscated at the border. (Canadian) Is there an alternative to some of these supplements such as the HOT-ROX? I know I can get the fish oil and a close protein, but it is the HOT-ROX I am concerned with. Thanks.

Sorry to seem obtuse, but am I correct in reading the protein shakes need to be mixed just PRIOR to drinking? I was planning on a big “mixing party” prior to work in the morning, but if this is not correct, I will plan otherwise! Thanks!! (my supplements are not arriving until Thurs., so I want all my ducks in a row when they arrive!)

[quote]willis23 wrote:
Now what? Chris I had ordered most of my supplements through Biotest only to have them confiscated at the border. (Canadian) Is there an alternative to some of these supplements such as the HOT-ROX? I know I can get the fish oil and a close protein, but it is the HOT-ROX I am concerned with. Thanks.

[/quote]

Those who change the supplements almost always fail the diet or get poor results. It’s like taking one part out of a complex machine. It’s only one little part, but the whole mechanism breaks down. For that reason, I can’t suggest any other supplements.

[quote]Flexrx wrote:
Sorry to seem obtuse, but am I correct in reading the protein shakes need to be mixed just PRIOR to drinking? I was planning on a big “mixing party” prior to work in the morning, but if this is not correct, I will plan otherwise! Thanks!! (my supplements are not arriving until Thurs., so I want all my ducks in a row when they arrive!)[/quote]

The taste and texture of the shakes is much better when blended fresh, just prior to drinking. And when all you’re consuming is shakes, then taste and texture are important when it comes to satisfaction and compliance.

A travel blender is a good investment. 16 or 17 bucks at Wal-Mart. Plus it doubles as a cup.

Thanks Chris… Honestly… this system just looked so well packaged etc… and I’m excited to see everyone change! lol :smiley: I’m not a huge fan of regular cardio, and figured it would be a different way of training to lean out… mind you it was late when I wrote that… and in hind sight… probably not the best route to take…

BUT! Good luck all on this fatloss adventure! I’ll be SURE to follow you all along! :smiley:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
wckelly wrote:
Chris,

I’m about 6’6 and 276 pounds currently. I’ve recently gotten back into working out and was thinking about giving the V-Diet a shot. After I entered my numbers it said it wasn’t for me… what gives?

It said the weight range only went up to 265lbs? Would I not get enough calories or something? I go back and forth between 25% and 30% body fat but since I’m tall it’s hard to tell I’m that overweight.

On a side note I’ve got about 1 to 2 months of rehabbing from shoulder surgery before I can hit the weights too hard so I could probably lose 10lbs within that time but I was just wondering…

Thanks

Yes, you do fall outside of the V-Diet parameters, but you’re also very tall. What is your waist size? That, along with a photo, would help determine if the V-Diet is right for you.

Of course, you could fudge the numbers and say you’re 264… but you didn’t hear that from me.

Another option is to lose ten pounds with a good eating plan and what training you can do given the shoulder, then hit the V-Diet hard when you’re fully rehabbed and down to 265.
[/quote]

My waist size has recently crept up to the 40 and above range. Some pants are 40 and others are 42. I used to bounce back and forth between 36 and 38 waist but I guess with age I’m not naturally burning off all that fast food and my wife’s killer meals anymore. (meaning they’re good but not good for me)

I’m no stranger to the gym and have a decent workout plan in place already but the shoulder surgery has really set me back while I rehab. I’m hoping by the time I’m done with rehab I’ll have all the products ordered and can start the v-diet immediately. I don’t have any pics of me on my work computer but my stats are…

6ft 5in (measured today)
40 - 42 inch waist
Body Fat 25 - 30%
276 lbs…

Lose 10 and I qualify?

[quote]wckelly wrote:

My waist size has recently crept up to the 40 and above range. Some pants are 40 and others are 42. I used to bounce back and forth between 36 and 38 waist but I guess with age I’m not naturally burning off all that fast food and my wife’s killer meals anymore. (meaning they’re good but not good for me)

I’m no stranger to the gym and have a decent workout plan in place already but the shoulder surgery has really set me back while I rehab. I’m hoping by the time I’m done with rehab I’ll have all the products ordered and can start the v-diet immediately. I don’t have any pics of me on my work computer but my stats are…

6ft 5in (measured today)
40 - 42 inch waist
Body Fat 25 - 30%
276 lbs…

Lose 10 and I qualify?
[/quote]

I think that’s the best route. That way you’ll better fit the parameters and you’ll be fully rehabbed and ready to hit the Waterbury workouts with full intensity.

With a 40+ inch waist – the danger zone when it comes to health and longevity – the V-Diet is definitely a plan that can help you. I’d guess, with full compliance on your part, that we could rip 5 to 7 inches from that measurements in about 28 days.

So, send the wife to some of my recipe articles on this site:

…clean those dinners up, and drop the 10 pounds, then hit the V-Diet hard when you’re rehabbed and ready to rock.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

A travel blender is a good investment. 16 or 17 bucks at Wal-Mart. Plus it doubles as a cup. [/quote]

Thanks, Chris, that is VERY good to know! I have a Magic Bullet, maybe I’ll see if it’ll hold that volume! Thanks again!

Wondering what you would recommend if you are going to be awake for significantly longer than on a normal day.

Do you just spread the “meals” out more than usual? reduce the servings of each slightly and add in 1 extra meal at the end of the day? I know at least 1 day during the diet i’ll be staying up about 3-4 hours longer than normal, and I know from past experience I can’t fall asleep if i’m ravenously hungry.

Also, what do you recommend if you get sick during the diet. I’ve always believed you feed a cold, drown a fever, and with cold season going on figured it’s worth asking.

[quote]Lateralus4418 wrote:
Wondering what you would recommend if you are going to be awake for significantly longer than on a normal day. Do you just spread the “meals” out more than usual? reduce the servings of each slightly and add in 1 extra meal at the end of the day? I know at least 1 day during the diet i’ll be staying up about 3-4 hours longer than normal, and I know from past experience I can’t fall asleep if i’m ravenously hungry.

Also, what do you recommend if you get sick during the diet. I’ve always believed you feed a cold, drown a fever, and with cold season going on figured it’s worth asking. [/quote]

  1. Spread the shakes out a little more. Try not to add anything, but if you’re ravenous on the long day, MAYBE add half a shake (1 scoop) and two extra fiber tablets. Ideally though, just spread the shakes out, perhaps making some full shakes into half-shakes, then having more shakes during the day while getting the same amount of recommended calories.

  2. I see this question a lot, and I can only say to do the best you can. We can’t foresee and plan for every interruption life can throw at us while on the V-Diet.

Thanks for the quick reply

Hi Chris,

I have a question about where all the massive weight loss is coming from on this diet … assuming that people are eating 500-800 calories below maintenance level, that adds up to 3500-5600 calories per week (or approximately 1-1.5 lbs of fat).

I understand that in the first week there is going to be a relatively high amount of weight lost due to water and glycogen loss, but it seems that some people are still losing around 3-4 lbs per week. Is this because of the added activity during a low carb diet?

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before.

thanks in advance

Chris I really need some more help with sodium intake. Today was my first workout, and one set into it my legs started to cramp. By the time I was done, I honestly couldnt walk because my quads and calves would seize.

On the walk back to my place my calf cramped up while I was crossing at a cross walk. And people on this campus drive like morons, so it was pretty serious.

I’ve added some salt to my shakes but I really need input on how much. Sea salt or table salt? I’m 195 lbs and an average to above average sweater.

I’m going strong with the diet, but I’m not going to risk cramping, (or depending on how back this gets, something more serious) to lose a few pounds. My water intake is probably more than I need. I’m peeing clear every step of the way. Should I cut down on water intake? Any other advice?

Thanks

dyeguy1212,

Hey i am not Chris, but just with some knowledge. Take magnesium for the leg cramps and if you are going to intake some salt go for the Celtic Sea Salt. No to table salt and be weary of the sea salt in stores. If it is not slightly gray and moist in color and in texture, your probably just getting table salt. Celtic Sea Salt is not suppose to make you retain water.

fitnesslady

Hey CHris,

Just wanted to say this is a fanstastic job of re-working the program. With all the added tools, I think they’ll be alot more people willing to try and succeed. I am even thinking of re-trying. I have failed two times, maybe the third time will be a charm. Don’t know if life changes will make a difference for me or not, but I have nothing to lose to but give it a go again.

fitnesslady

thanks for the heads up fitness lady

I’ve been doing some research and in the past 5 minutes I’ve realized I am an idiot for asking about table salt.

What exactly can I expect magnesium to do?

Thanks

Chris. Fish oil caps every day including work out days? I noticed that in the old version, you omitted the fish oil on training days. Has this changed? Thanks.

[quote]Random Weights wrote:
Chris. Fish oil caps every day including work out days? I noticed that in the old version, you omitted the fish oil on training days. Has this changed? Thanks.[/quote]

Yes. Flameout every day. Just follow the personalized menu plan.

Dyeguy, sorry, haven’t heard of anyone else having those issues in close to 4 years of people doing the diet. Could be unrelated to the plan. Fitnesslady’s advice seems sound.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.