Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

Chris, I decided to push back my start date until this Sunday so I could go with the 3.0 version. Looks great, my only question is an easy one. The vburner day is not considered a workout day (in regard to calorie intake), correct?

Thanks!

Would you need to use Surge on the vburner day?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
jsp, just go through the 3.0 program and compare it to what you already have planned. Either will work, but of course we think 3.0 is the way to go given the new improvements.

[/quote]

I did the 2.0 calcs for needing to lose more than 35lbs. As i’m sure you realize the new 3.0 calcs are a huge increase in total cals. I didn’t see a plus 35lbs option, should I simply go with whatever the 3.0 output is?

I realize you are probably getting hammered with 3.0 questions, so I appreciate your time!

[quote]Criswell3000 wrote:
So the over 30 lbs to lose formula automatically kicks in over a certain weight? I seem to remember calculating my calories using the old formula and coming up with WAY lower calories than what the calculation program came up with. Before I came up with 1300 and 1600 calories and now it is showing 1800 and 2100. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

i have the exact same question! i was at 1350 and 1750 and now 1850 and 2150 with 3.0. should we stick with old numbers? i put in weight 178 and the shakes and schedule matched what i previously had figured out. thanks again and version 3.0 looks sweet. cant wait to get started.

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
Criswell3000 wrote:
So the over 30 lbs to lose formula automatically kicks in over a certain weight? I seem to remember calculating my calories using the old formula and coming up with WAY lower calories than what the calculation program came up with. Before I came up with 1300 and 1600 calories and now it is showing 1800 and 2100. Thanks for the help.

i have the exact same question! i was at 1350 and 1750 and now 1850 and 2150 with 3.0. should we stick with old numbers? i put in weight 178 and the shakes and schedule matched what i previously had figured out. thanks again and version 3.0 looks sweet. cant wait to get started. [/quote]

F-cann96,

I think I?m confused…

I just read in an earlier post from Chris that 3.0 will do the correct calcs regardless of how much weight we need to lose.

Have you decided to use your old lower cal totals?
Or
Use your new 3.0 higher totals?
Or
Are you waiting to hear back from Chris?

Thanks!

[quote]jsp09 wrote:
f-cann96 wrote:
Criswell3000 wrote:
So the over 30 lbs to lose formula automatically kicks in over a certain weight? I seem to remember calculating my calories using the old formula and coming up with WAY lower calories than what the calculation program came up with. Before I came up with 1300 and 1600 calories and now it is showing 1800 and 2100. Thanks for the help.

i have the exact same question! i was at 1350 and 1750 and now 1850 and 2150 with 3.0. should we stick with old numbers? i put in weight 178 and the shakes and schedule matched what i previously had figured out. thanks again and version 3.0 looks sweet. cant wait to get started.

F-cann96,

I think I?m confused…

I just read in an earlier post from Chris that 3.0 will do the correct calcs regardless of how much weight we need to lose.

Have you decided to use your old lower cal totals?
Or
Use your new 3.0 higher totals?
Or
Are you waiting to hear back from Chris?

Thanks!
[/quote]

i was awaiting a response from chris. i am confused as well on that. for version 2.0 my nums were that of a 178 lb male on 3.0 and i weigh 240. but chris said before that hitting 240 grams of protein isnt necassary when trying to lose as much as i am.

[quote]jerky101 wrote:
Hi Chris:

I’ve been a long time lurker and have had a great time reading your stuff. My girlfriend and I are really interested in doing the V-Diet but she’s allergic to nuts. I’m wondering what she can do about the nut better in the last shake. I also noticed that Metabolic Drive has hazelnuts in it.

I know that you’ve said many times before that making any substitutions to the diet are a big no-no, does this mean that the V-Diet is not an option for her?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Can she use other nuts, like almond butter instead of peanut butter?

Also, I doubt there are actually any actual hazelnuts in the protein, just a standard warning, but she may not want to risk it. Call Biotest customer service and maybe they can give you more info on that.

If she can’t use Metabolic Drive and can’t use any nut butter, then the V-Diet is not for her. Lots of other good diet programs here on T-Muscle and FigureAthlete.com though.

[quote]jsirabella wrote:
Do you have to stick with the training program listed in the article or can you do more? I enjoy cycling and weight lifting. Can I continue on the same program? I can burn quite a few calories especially during cycling.[/quote]

Do the program or don’t do the program.

Those who add lots of cardio and do their own thing with the training usually fail. You are not a unique snowflake who is immune to this.

[quote]dyeguy1212 wrote:
Chris, I decided to push back my start date until this Sunday so I could go with the 3.0 version. Looks great, my only question is an easy one. The vburner day is not considered a workout day (in regard to calorie intake), correct?

Thanks![/quote]

Good question. Count the V-Burn Challenge day as a non-lifting day.

[quote]taddpole wrote:
Would you need to use Surge on the vburner day?[/quote]

No. Although it’s a taxing little bonus workout, it’s all body weight.

I’ll echo a few other posts. Why does the 3.0 calculator give a higher calorie readout? Has the formula been revised? I’m 200 lbs, and using the less than 35lb to lose calculations, I cam e out to 1450 and 1750. The 3.0 calculator has me at 1590 and 1920. Not too worried, just looking for an explanation. Thanks. Looks great by the way.

Is it OK to add a game of soccer once a week or perhaps substitute it for Sat/Sun workout while on the V-Diet? Thanks.

Understood…

Thank you for your honesty.

But can I refer from your statement that adding more weight lifting will also have the same result…the plan will fail.

-js

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
jsirabella wrote:
Do you have to stick with the training program listed in the article or can you do more? I enjoy cycling and weight lifting. Can I continue on the same program? I can burn quite a few calories especially during cycling.

Do the program or don’t do the program.

Those who add lots of cardio and do their own thing with the training usually fail. You are not a unique snowflake who is immune to this.

[/quote]

Wow, I’m incredibly impressed with the entire layout of the program and even more impressed that you guys went through so much effort to provide it for free.

I’m planning on hitting the diet in a couple month and this takes most of the effort out of planning. Thanks! Oh, by the way, who’s the male model used in most of the workout vids? That guy is jacked!

[quote]jstirto wrote:
I’ll echo a few other posts. Why does the 3.0 calculator give a higher calorie readout? Has the formula been revised? I’m 200 lbs, and using the less than 35lb to lose calculations, I cam e out to 1450 and 1750. The 3.0 calculator has me at 1590 and 1920. Not too worried, just looking for an explanation. Thanks. Looks great by the way.[/quote]

We may have been too low in early calculations. The 3.0 numbers are better. Use those.

[quote]Kachok wrote:
Is it OK to add a game of soccer once a week or perhaps substitute it for Sat/Sun workout while on the V-Diet? Thanks.[/quote]

Read the FAQ.

[quote]jsirabella wrote:

But can I refer from your statement that adding more weight lifting will also have the same result…the plan will fail.

[/quote]

If you do the program exactly, including tempo and rest periods and progressions, you will not want to add more weight training.

And remember, you aren’t on the ridiculously strict, reduced carb V-Diet yet. Adding more training sounds good NOW. It won’t once you start the diet. And it certainly won’t if you follow Chad’s workout to a “T.”

Another reminder, you’ll be hitting the full body AGAIN after only one day of rest. This is not a split routine where there’s a week or more between muscle groups.

Chris

I went through the programmes and the diet. I would like to find out where to go searching for the following questions

1. How to decide how much to loose
  2. Where to go order the stuff -the package

The eating is the one thing I am not sure about. The exercises I can undestand.

Please point me in the right directions

thank you
srini

[quote]mog16 wrote:
Oh, by the way, who’s the male model used in most of the workout vids? That guy is jacked![/quote]

Greg Plitt and Rob Riches are the main male models.

I think they represent the perfect physiques: jacked yet athletic, healthy, and natural looking. Attainable, in other words. Which I think is very motivating and realistic compared to using a 250 pound heavy steroid user who probably couldn’t actually complete the V-Burn Challenge without keeling over dead.

Jelena Abbou is the female model, BTW. I’ll post another pic of her above, you know, for science.

Apologoes if this is the wrong thread to ask. I wasn’t sure where else to post.

I occaisionally here of people developing alleriges when taking a protein powder for too long. Can I assume this doesn’t happen with Metabolic Drive because it’s so high quality?

I’m hoping for a yes here. I want my friend to do this to, and that’s a concern for her.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.