Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

Hi chris!

Not sure if you got the point of my question nº 2, but the thing is…that if there are less carbs then stated by the diet that it gave me (the program) then there are less calories no?

  1. The diet gave me: 1800 and something on non training days and 2130 in training days. The carbs are around 74 and 115 respectively. I tried to figure out the amount of carbs in the supplements…but it still short…if the protein low carb has like 1-2 grams per serving, where is the 74 grams carbs? Is the Superfood that high in carbs? Because the serving is 5 grams, so even that…i dont see it possible. Am i missing something?

Did i get this wrong?

[quote]reesemortensen wrote:
Hi chris!

Not sure if you got the point of my question nº 2, but the thing is…that if there are less carbs then stated by the diet that it gave me (the program) then there are less calories no?

  1. The diet gave me: 1800 and something on non training days and 2130 in training days. The carbs are around 74 and 115 respectively. I tried to figure out the amount of carbs in the supplements…but it still short…if the protein low carb has like 1-2 grams per serving, where is the 74 grams carbs? Is the Superfood that high in carbs? Because the serving is 5 grams, so even that…i dont see it possible. Am i missing something?

Did i get this wrong?[/quote]

The protein has 3-4 g per scoop, not 1-2.

Superfood contains virtually no carbs.

mmmmm now i think i start to understand. (i didnt read correctly, ha!)

Thanks a lot!

:slight_smile:

N.

Hi Chris,

I’m new to the V-Diet community, but I have recently ordered all of the necessary supplements to begin the diet (still waiting for them to come in the mail!) and I just have a question about the training.

I am switching around my routine to follow the suggested training program, but I was wondering how you felt about swimming. I know, no cardio, but I swim on a team and I was wondering if I could get away with just swimming 2 days/week so I don’t get completely out of touch in the pool. Swimming seems more like resistance training than cardio, so I wasn’t sure if that was ok or not.

Thanks for your help. I’m excited to start!

[quote]lhayden wrote:
Hi Chris,

I’m new to the V-diet community, but I have recently ordered all of the necessary supplements to begin the diet (still waiting for them to come in the mail!) and I just have a question about the training. I am switching around my routine to follow the suggested training program, but I was wondering how you felt about swimming. I know, no cardio, but I swim on a team and I was wondering if I could get away with just swimming 2 days/week so I don’t get completely out of touch in the pool. Swimming seems more like resistance training than cardio, so I wasn’t sure if that was ok or not.

Thanks for your help. I’m excited to start![/quote]

Basically, any time you stray from a 100%, followed “to a T” V-Diet, you roll the dice. So these questions are always tough to answer. “Will it work if I do this instead of this?” I don’t know. But I do know it will work if you do it as written, followed to a T.

I’d say that if you swim, do it on non-weight training days and keep the intensity down. Skip NEPA walks on those days.

We’re rolling the dice again, but that seems safe enough.

At 5’11 188lbs with a 36" waist, the diet recommends 5 meals a day for me(shakes). I get up at 5a.m? Is it o.k to space out the shakes every 4 hours or so? I always thought you wanted to space meals at about 3 hours

[quote]liston78 wrote:
At 5’11 188lbs with a 36" waist, the diet recommends 5 meals a day for me(shakes). I get up at 5a.m? Is it o.k to space out the shakes every 4 hours or so? I always thought you wanted to space meals at about 3 hours[/quote]

Generally speaking, yes, but spread them out to fit your personal schedule. Of course, if you hit the sack early to match the early alarm, then it’s not that much of a difference.

Thanks Chris! I’m sure these workouts plus work will have me in bed pretty damn early.

I still love how everyone thinks I am insane for doing this! You’re just gonna get skinny! They have no discipline, I like a challenge

Hi Chris,

I successfully just completed day 5 of the V-Diet 3.0. I really haven’t had any extreme problems with cravings and being a first time weight lifter, I have been pretty happy with sticking to the workout plans.

My problem is that since doing my initial weigh in I have actually GAINED 5 lbs. I really don’t think that is muscle weight just yet and I was expecting to LOSE fat before building muscle.

Any ideas on why the significant weight increase in a short amount of time?

This has really put a mental block in my motivation for this diet and I want to clear it up as soon as possible! Thanks!

[quote]Smorphis wrote:
Hi Chris,

I successfully just completed day 5 of the V-Diet 3.0. I really haven’t had any extreme problems with cravings and being a first time weight lifter, I have been pretty happy with sticking to the workout plans.

My problem is that since doing my initial weigh in I have actually GAINED 5 lbs. I really don’t think that is muscle weight just yet and I was expecting to LOSE fat before building muscle.

Any ideas on why the significant weight increase in a short amount of time?

This has really put a mental block in my motivation for this diet and I want to clear it up as soon as possible! Thanks! [/quote]

Has to be a scale issue. Either your first weigh-in was off, or your second. Measurements?

Chris,

you said a “serving” of milled flaxseed = Two tablespoons.

i tried my best, but only able to get MELROSE’s “organic flax meal”, i know you’ll say:“that means you’re not doing the V-Diet!”

but i just hope you can tell me is that equal to the milled flaxseed? should i just take 2 tablespoons of these “flax meal” as “a serving of milled flaxseed”?

thanks and sorry i can’t get the milled flaxseed…

I’ve done the previous V-Diet version twice a bit over a year ago. Well not 100% since I couldn’t get my hands on Biotest subs, but the results were still decent.

Finding out that Biotest delivers abroad these days has really got me fired up to cut down in fat again. Keep up the great work :smiley:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Smorphis wrote:
Hi Chris,

I successfully just completed day 5 of the V-Diet 3.0. I really haven’t had any extreme problems with cravings and being a first time weight lifter, I have been pretty happy with sticking to the workout plans.

My problem is that since doing my initial weigh in I have actually GAINED 5 lbs. I really don’t think that is muscle weight just yet and I was expecting to LOSE fat before building muscle.

Any ideas on why the significant weight increase in a short amount of time?

This has really put a mental block in my motivation for this diet and I want to clear it up as soon as possible! Thanks!

Has to be a scale issue. Either your first weigh-in was off, or your second. Measurements?

[/quote]

I am 5’4" and my initial weight was 135lbs. I don’t have my measurements with me right now, but I also haven’t taken my second ones yet. It was only from stepping on the scale that I saw an increase to 140lbs, which is the highest I have weighed myself in a while and I usually weigh myself at least once a week (even prior to the diet).

[quote]Monster Wong wrote:
Chris,

you said a “serving” of milled flaxseed = Two tablespoons.

i tried my best, but only able to get MELROSE’s “organic flax meal”, i know you’ll say:“that means you’re not doing the V-Diet!”

but i just hope you can tell me is that equal to the milled flaxseed? should i just take 2 tablespoons of these “flax meal” as “a serving of milled flaxseed”?

thanks and sorry i can’t get the milled flaxseed…[/quote]

The “meal” vs. “milled” thing is kinda confusing, I admit. Ideally, what you’re looking for is a rougher, milled or ground up product. “Meal” is sometimes a rougher grind, but sometimes it’s more of a powdery, flour-like grind, which might not be as palatable in shakes. I prefer the courser grind, “cold-milled.” Problem is, flax seed makers sometimes use the words “milled” and “meal” interchangeably.

You can also buy whole flax seeds and grind them yourself if you want. A dedicated coffee bean grinder is good for this, but I honestly just buy them pre-milled myself, then keep them in the fridge after opening.

A typical serving of milled flax is two tablespoons.

If you can’t find them in a health food store, drug store, or pharmacy/vitamin section of Wal-Mart, check the baking aisle of grocery stores. Sometimes it’s right there with the flour and baking mixes. That’s where I get mine. These are usually in a box and not a bag, but they’re very inexpensive.

[quote]Smorphis wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
Smorphis wrote:
Hi Chris,

I successfully just completed day 5 of the V-Diet 3.0. I really haven’t had any extreme problems with cravings and being a first time weight lifter, I have been pretty happy with sticking to the workout plans.

My problem is that since doing my initial weigh in I have actually GAINED 5 lbs. I really don’t think that is muscle weight just yet and I was expecting to LOSE fat before building muscle.

Any ideas on why the significant weight increase in a short amount of time?

This has really put a mental block in my motivation for this diet and I want to clear it up as soon as possible! Thanks!

Has to be a scale issue. Either your first weigh-in was off, or your second. Measurements?

I am 5’4" and my initial weight was 135lbs. I don’t have my measurements with me right now, but I also haven’t taken my second ones yet. It was only from stepping on the scale that I saw an increase to 140lbs, which is the highest I have weighed myself in a while and I usually weigh myself at least once a week (even prior to the diet).
[/quote]

Are you using the same scale every time? Weighing the same time of day every time - morning, after bathroom and before breakfast? I assume you’re female too, and natural fluctuations can be 5-8 pounds daily for women.

My advice is to keep it up and take measurements. Long story short, you probably could not have GAINED a pound a day even if you tried. Review the “How to Weigh and Measure” info and make sure you’re following it to a T:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Smorphis wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
Smorphis wrote:
Hi Chris,

I successfully just completed day 5 of the V-Diet 3.0. I really haven’t had any extreme problems with cravings and being a first time weight lifter, I have been pretty happy with sticking to the workout plans.

My problem is that since doing my initial weigh in I have actually GAINED 5 lbs. I really don’t think that is muscle weight just yet and I was expecting to LOSE fat before building muscle.

Any ideas on why the significant weight increase in a short amount of time?

This has really put a mental block in my motivation for this diet and I want to clear it up as soon as possible! Thanks!

Has to be a scale issue. Either your first weigh-in was off, or your second. Measurements?

I am 5’4" and my initial weight was 135lbs. I don’t have my measurements with me right now, but I also haven’t taken my second ones yet. It was only from stepping on the scale that I saw an increase to 140lbs, which is the highest I have weighed myself in a while and I usually weigh myself at least once a week (even prior to the diet).

Are you using the same scale every time? Weighing the same time of day every time - morning, after bathroom and before breakfast? I assume you’re female too, and natural fluctuations can be 5-8 pounds daily for women.

My advice is to keep it up and take measurements. Long story short, you probably could not have GAINED a pound a day even if you tried. Review the “How to Weigh and Measure” info and make sure you’re following it to a T:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/how_to_weigh_measure [/quote]

This morning I weighed in at 227lbs but after breakfast I weighed in at 232 pounds, a five pound difference. Previous to the diet, were you drinking as much liquids as you are now that you are on this diet?

Chris,

Any possibility of Biotest coming out with a caffeine free coffee/mocha flavor of MD? that would be sweet!

Thanks!

[quote]Nima wrote:
Chris,

Any possibility of Biotest coming out with a caffeine free coffee/mocha flavor of MD? that would be sweet!

Thanks![/quote]

Mmm, that would be sweet.

Here’s what I do: Add one spoonful of caffeine-free instant coffee to chocolate Metabolic Drive. A splash of DaVinci hazelnut syrup (sugar-free of course) makes it even better.

This is permitted during the V-Diet if you want to try it.

Chris at what point would you say your bodyfat is to low to do the V-Diet? i am 6’2" and around 230-235 and about 13% bf…do you think this would still be a good fit for me? i would love to get around 7-8% bf!

[quote]vikingrob wrote:
Chris at what point would you say your bodyfat is to low to do the V-Diet? i am 6’2" and around 230-235 and about 13% bf…do you think this would still be a good fit for me? i would love to get around 7-8% bf!
[/quote]

I am not Chris, but I read Chris’s Velocity articles and he was at approximately your bodyfat levels and used the Velocity Diet to get to single digit bodyfat, exactly what you are trying to do.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.