Biotest

Ask Chris, V-Diet 3.0 (Part I)

The Velocity Diet 3.0 is <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram000.jsp"target=“new”>HERE!

Use this thread to ask questions by hitting “reply” below.

Chris,

I assume the daily NEPA walks are no longer necessary?

I did not see them, just making sure I did not overlook them in the program.

thanks

I used the program to calculate a diet and noticed that HOT-ROX was not listed as a supplement on the diet menu but it was listed on the Diet Supplement Package. I assume I should take HOT-ROX and just thought I would point that out in case my assumption is wrong or there is a glitch in the program.

Wow, the V-Diet 3.0 looks impressive. Right now I’m doing the neanderthal no more program and plan on starting the V-Diet after this program.I see in the faqs that if you plan on doing the V-Diet you should wait about 6 weeks after the transition phase before you start again. Is there a program you would recommend between this time period?

Do you think doing the neanderthal no more program is a good in between program along with the 1 shake a day on the last phase of the transition?

I also have another question. The older V-Diet on figureathlete.com has a V-Diet stack special discount. Is there any discount V-Diet stack for the 3.0? If not I guess I’ll order from the figure athlete V-Diet special and add the other supplements that are included in the V-Diet 3.0 as well as the extra Metabolic Drives I would need.

[quote]LSUH wrote:
I used the program to calculate a diet and noticed that Hot-Rox was not listed as a supplement on the diet menu but it was listed on the Diet Supplement Package. I assume I should take Hot-Rox and just thought I would point that out in case my assumption is wrong or there is a glitch in the program. [/quote]

HOT-ROX - the directions are on the label, and the protocol is unrelated to meal timing, other than you should take it on an empty stomach.

That’s why it’s not on the menu.

Chris , I’m on day 14 of the V-Diet and seeing good results.
(I probably just answeered my own question). Should I just finish out with the old system or tweak it to comply with the new 3.0 version?

[quote]dave1847 wrote:
Chris,

I assume the daily NEPA walks are no longer necessary?

I did not see them, just making sure I did not overlook them in the program.

thanks[/quote]

NEPA walks are still part of the program. Section 5:

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram005.jsp

The NEPA walk may be skipped on V-Burn Challenge day though.

I love the new format of this program (nice work TC)

Chris, for someone who has limited knowledge of the V-Diet and it’s progressions (from 1.0-3.0); could you explain the major changes for this new setup? I only know of what the original involved thanks to a friend who took the challenge a year or so ago.

Thanks!

I noticed on the calculator that there seems to be no setting for the over 30 lbs to lose formula. Did I miss something or is that taken out of the diet?

[quote]33breeze wrote:
Wow, the V-Diet 3.0 looks impressive. Right now I’m doing the neanderthal no more program and plan on starting the V-Diet after this program.I see in the faqs that if you plan on doing the V-Diet you should wait about 6 weeks after the transition phase before you start again. Is there a program you would recommend between this time period?

Do you think doing the neanderthal no more program is a good in between program along with the 1 shake a day on the last phase of the transition?

I also have another question. The older V-Diet on figureathlete.com has a V-Diet stack special discount. Is there any discount V-Diet stack for the 3.0? If not I guess I’ll order from the figure athlete V-Diet special and add the other supplements that are included in the V-Diet 3.0 as well as the extra Metabolic Drives I would need.[/quote]

1. There are many great programs you can do between V-Diets found, all in our archives for free. I’m a big believer in change, so what I’d suggest is choosing a program that’s different from the training you’ll be doing on the V-Diet. For example, since V-Training is a full-body-in-one-session program, choose any of our split training programs for other times, perhaps one by Coach Thibaudeau. It’s up to you. And yes, the “Neanderthal No More” program is a fine choice too.

2. I believe there is already a built-in package deal discount when you use the ordering tool contained in the V-Diet 3.0 Program. For example, Metabolic Drive Low Carb is $34 a bottle, but only $30 a bottle for the V- Diet package. That adds up to a big savinsg since most people will be getting 10 or 11 bottles in their kit.

[quote]knuckledragger74 wrote:
Chris , I’m on day 14 of the V-Diet and seeing good results.
(I probably just answeered my own question). Should I just finish out with the old system or tweak it to comply with the new 3.0 version?[/quote]

Feel free to switch to the new workouts if you want. The older workouts were great, but Coach Waterbury really changed the game with his new ones. Plus I asked him to write the V-Burn Challenge, which is an awesome addition I think you’ll enjoy.

Also, you can add L-Leucine and Superfood if you want.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I love the new format of this program (nice work TC)

Chris, for someone who has limited knowledge of the V-diet and it’s progressions (from 1.0-3.0); could you explain the major changes for this new setup? I only know of what the original involved thanks to a friend who took the challenge a year or so ago.

Thanks![/quote]

Oh boy, there have been many, many tweaks and improvements over the last three years. For example, back in day (that would be early 2005) there was no such thing as super-concentrated Flameout, so I had to take 21 fish oil capsules almost every day. It was fish-burp hell. But with Flameout you only need 4 capsules per day, plus it as the addition of fat-burning CLA in it.

That’s just one example on the supplement side. L-Leucine and Superfood were added too.

On the training side, I used a Waterbury-influenced program in 1.0, then Chad penned a special program for me that became part of 2.0. Now, he’s updated it with what I believe to be a revolutionary new way of weight training. It’s truly a new way of thinking about resistance training and has to be experienced to be fully grasped.

Psychologically, we keyed in on the mysterious taste and craving changes V-Dieters experience and added some tips for maximizing that amazing, long-lasting side effect.

That’s just a few of the improvements, but you get the idea. Basically, we used the feedback of hundreds of 1.0 and 2.0 dieters to make the program better, healthier, and faster.

[quote]Criswell3000 wrote:
I noticed on the calculator that there seems to be no setting for the over 30 lbs to lose formula. Did I miss something or is that taken out of the diet?[/quote]

Just type in your current scale weight and everything is built in to the calculation program. It will automatically customize a plan to fit your needs.

So the over 30 lbs to lose formula automatically kicks in over a certain weight? I seem to remember calculating my calories using the old formula and coming up with WAY lower calories than what the calculation program came up with. Before I came up with 1300 and 1600 calories and now it is showing 1800 and 2100. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply Tim. I did the V-Diet at the beginning of last year and lost about 20 lbs. I dropped another 20 after that and although my diet is fairly clean (akin to a maintenance V-Diet), I seem to have hit a plateau and this new program is just what I need. Thanks to everyone for putting the new interactive program together.

Hey Chris can confirm if these numbers and schedule look good?

I based these numbers on the 2.0 schedule. Since I am only 3 days in should I consider converting to 3.0?

6 foot, 237lbs, plus 25% body fat (categorically at risk for CD)

I have made it through 2 days and working on day 3, however I was hoping to get confirmation that I am consuming the correct amount of cals and supplements.

I used the, more than 35lbs formula.

1300 cals, off days
1600 cals, work out days

7am 2 scoop Metabolic Drive shake, 1 serving Flax Seed, 1 HOT-ROX
10am 1 scoop Metabolic Drive ½ shake, 1 HOT-ROX
12pm 2 scoop Metabolic Drive shake, 3 Flameout
3pm 1 scoop Metabolic Drive ½ shake
6pm 2 scoop Metabolic Drive shake, 1 serving Flax Seed
9pm 2 scoop Metabolic Drive shake, 3 Flameout

2 scoop Surge Recovery on workout days
Workout 3 days a week, V-Diet workouts, beginner
HEPA 1 hour 4mph walk everyday

More questions

I this configuration is a little light on the amount of proteins, 1g for every pound, however I am not certain how to increase my protein without going over my allotted cals.

I know I need to slip 2 Fiber Choice tablets in, I will do that as I need a snack, however so far the shakes have kept me feeling full. Are these tablets a must everyday?

Work out days. On occasion I can see myself not having time for the workout and walk. If I can workout 3 days a week but once our twice during the 28 days, the works out are on back to back days, is that OK?

No PB in this schedule, no room in my cal count.

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jsp

Hope this is not a repost, the fast reply is not working. I wanted to know if this diet provides enough potassium for an athelete (4.7g). I realize that Flax is a great provider but i cant find the nutritional breakdown for Superfood or Surge concerning potassium. I realize this is not important for most but for people like myself its pretty important. I appreciate any help, and apologize if this is a repost.

jsp, just go through the 3.0 program and compare it to what you already have planned. Either will work, but of course we think 3.0 is the way to go given the new improvements.

Hi Chris:

I’ve been a long time lurker and have had a great time reading your stuff. My girlfriend and I are really interested in doing the V-Diet but she’s allergic to nuts. I’m wondering what she can do about the nut better in the last shake. I also noticed that Metabolic Drive has hazelnuts in it.

I know that you’ve said many times before that making any substitutions to the diet are a big no-no, does this mean that the V-Diet is not an option for her?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have to stick with the training program listed in the article or can you do more? I enjoy cycling and weight lifting. Can I continue on the same program? I can burn quite a few calories especially during cycling.