Biotest

Are You Ready?

[center]The Three F’s[/center]
Are you ready for the V-Diet? Not everyone is. It’s not a diet to adopt lightly, nor is it a nutrition plan for someone “thinking of maybe losing a few pounds or something.”

No one has ever achieved great things by “kinda sorta” wanting it.

The truth is, I’ve talked a lot of people out of doing the Velocity Diet over the last three years. They weren’t serious. They didn’t display a sense of determination. And most of all, they didn’t possess any of the “three F’s.”

Those who succeed are:

1) Frustrated: Do you think you look okay? Good enough? Have you had long term success with previous diets? Think you know everything about how to exercise and eat right? Then the Velocity plan isn’t for you.

J. Willard Marriott, the hotel executive, once said that dissatisfaction is the basis of progress. When we become satisfied in the business world, we become obsolete. It’s true for business and it’s true for health, fitness, and life in general. There are people in this world who are content with their bodies, their income levels, and their places in life. Good for them (I guess) but I’m not that way. I bet you aren’t either.

Some of us constantly seek improvement in all areas of our lives, and that includes our health and the way our bodies look. Dissatisfied and frustrated people are the catalyst of change. And they do great on the V-Diet.

2) Furious: My journey to leanness began when I put my fist through a mirror. And the truth is, I’ve never seen anyone make a drastic change in their body without first getting really, really angry.

After the frustration stage, the type of person who’s truly ready for the Velocity Diet experiences anger – anger at himself and anger at what he’s allowed himself to become. While others fall into the trap of feeling sorry for themselves or blaming others, the person primed for the V-Diet gets mad at himself. They’re better than this. And they’re ready to prove it.

I’m more of an ass-kicker than a hand-holder. The Velocity plan is the same, and you better be ready for it. If you’re mad and not going to take it anymore, then the V-Diet is for you.

3) Focused: People who succeed with this diet make the decision that they’re going to follow the plan perfectly for 28 days. They develop a mindset for success. How do you do that? You simply decide to do it.

It sounds simple, but it works. Most people start a diet with only vague goals in mind. They say they’re going to “eat better” and “train harder” but they don’t have a real plan, no starting date, no ending date… no real goal.

Many people don’t make a determined promise to themselves, a strong statement of “I will do this and I will succeed,” because doing so is scary. They’re afraid to fail, so they never really begin. They have hazy ideas about planning to lose fat, but they never truly decide to do it.

The V-Diet will give you the plan you need, but it’s up to you to decide to follow it, come hell or high water. Decide now. Are you ready to change your body? Grit your teeth, clench your fist, and make the decision. Today. Right now.

Note: The pic is of Gus from the Physique Clinic. He did the V-Diet, lost most of the fat he had to lose, then used the taste, craving, and behavioral changes to finish off his physique and reach his final goal: single digit body fat.

Questions?

You know what?

After reading the hoopla over in the T-Cell Alpha thread, I’d like to do it, to test the stone throwing accuracy.

Yeah I said it.

I have an injured delt at the moment, but I should be fine. I like a challenge, and God Damnit, fucking Gus looks too damn good to not take note.

It might have to be the “generic” version affordability wise, but I’ll get the same goods and see what happens.

Peace.

ToneBone

I’m gonna man up and give it a go again once I get all my supps. I made it 14 days or so. I broke down and failed. This time around I don’t care I’m gonna getir done.

I’m gonna do it sometime this fall after I try to put on a bit more size. I’m pretty confident in my ability to handle it, since failure will mean that many others were stronger than me and were able to see it through. It’s 28 days and pretty much guarantees the most rapid fat loss in that time span. No way i’m fucking that up.

I too am giving this a 2nd shot. I was not ready the first time. I need to gain some muslce first. I am thinking next spring/summer. I need to put in some decent over-time hours at work to afford all the supplements thoughe. haha

I started it. Yeah baby. Keep the shakes coming…

Probably doesn’t belong here, but any chance that the STORE can have a Velocity Diet bundle or something similar, so that someone gets all they need for the 28 days and the transition period? Maybe with a lil discount for good measure? :wink:

[quote]LightsOutLuthor wrote:
Probably doesn’t belong here, but any chance that the STORE can have a Velocity Diet bundle or something similar, so that someone gets all they need for the 28 days and the transition period? Maybe with a lil discount for good measure? ;)[/quote]

Yes, there’s a chance.

That’s all I can say right now, sorry!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
LightsOutLuthor wrote:
Probably doesn’t belong here, but any chance that the STORE can have a Velocity Diet bundle or something similar, so that someone gets all they need for the 28 days and the transition period? Maybe with a lil discount for good measure? :wink:

Yes, there’s a chance.

[/quote]

Yeah that would be nice for people, and if things are easier for some, well…there’s the math.

LightsOutLuthor wrote:

Yes, there’s a chance.

[/quote]

I been waiting for this and now it’s too late… I just got my stack… I justed the female bundle and added extra that men need… I’ll even use the Se7en it came with…

[quote]LightsOutLuthor wrote:
Probably doesn’t belong here, but any chance that the STORE can have a Velocity Diet bundle or something similar, so that someone gets all they need for the 28 days and the transition period? Maybe with a lil discount for good measure? ;)[/quote]

That would be cool. Second that!

LightsOutLuthor wrote:

Yes, there’s a chance.

[/quote]

Looking forward to that.

[quote]Shakes, Macronutrients, Etc.

Again, for the benefit of the readers, I’ll go through this step by step:

First, we give you at least 210 grams of protein per day. Basically, at least a gram per pound of overall body weight. Let’s see what five Metabolic Drive shakes per day would add up to (using vanilla macros):

Five shakes a day (2 scoops each) = 220 cals each shake, 40 grams protein, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. That comes to:

Calories: 1100
Protein: 200g
Carbs: 40g
Fat: 15g
Fiber: 10g

Okay, now we look at your other calorie containing supplements and foods:

Flameout: 6 capsules per day:

Calories: 78
Protein: About 2g
Fat: 9g

Milled Flax: 2 servings per day:

Calories: 120
Protein: 6g
Carbs: 8g
Fat: 9g
Fiber: 8g

Natural Peanut Butter: 1 serving per day:

Calories: 190
Protein: 7g
Carbs: 6g
Fat: 17g
Fiber: 3g

We add in the natural PB because it balances out the types of healthful fats on this plan. (Other nut butters are fine too if there are allergy issues.) It also makes your nighttime shake more satisfying. Tastes like a peanut butter cup when added to chocolate!

Now, the recommended amount of fiber per day is around 25 grams. Most Americans get only 10-15! You’re at 21g so far, so let’s add in two Fiber Choice tablets:

Fiber Choice (sugar-free variety):

Calories:16 calories
Carbs: 4 g
Fiber: 4 g

Now, let’s add all that up and see what we have for non-lifting day:

Calories: 1503
Protein: 215g
Carbs: 58g
Fiber: 25g
Fat: 50g

Okay, so we achieved our protein goal of getting at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.

We also achieved our goal of having less than 100g of carbs per day. In fact, many of those carbs we counted are derived from fiber, so they don’t really “count.”

You’re also getting the recommended amount of fiber daily.

As for dietary fat, it’s more about the good stuff (EPA, DHA, CLA, etc.) than total grams, so you’re fine there with the super-concentrated Flameout, the fats in the natural peanut butter, and the good fats in the milled flax seed.

Now, on lifting day you’ll be using the Surge workout drink (regular Surge Recovery, original flavor). You’ll have one serving, most of it directly after weight training:

Surge Recovery:

Calories: 340
Protein: 25g
Carbs: 46g
Fat: 2.5g

Which brings us to your lifting day total:

Calories: 1843
Protein: 240g
Carbs: 104g
Fiber: 25g
Fat: 53g

For calories, we’ve gone over by a hair, but that’s fine. I give V-Dieters about 50 calories of leeway – up to 50 too much or 50 too little. And since some of the other flavors of Metabolic Drive have slightly less calories, this all works out fine.

For protein, again, we meet our goals. Of all the macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat), protein is by far the most powerful when it comes to increasing the metabolic rate. For example, there’s a phenomenon called the Thermic Effect of Food or TEF. Basically, this involves how many calories your body burns while processing and digesting food.

Protein has a much higher TEF than dietary fat or carbohydrate. Eat a lot of protein and you’ll force the body to burn more calories. On top of that, protein is filling and can help stabilize blood sugar levels, which, among other things, can help reduce or even defeat junk food cravings.

For carbs, we went over by 4. That’s negligible, and remember, many of our carbs are fibrous anyway.

Next we’ll look at your other supplement usage and timing… [/quote]

I posted this here because it’s buried in page two of Gus’ Physique thread - which is kinda ridiculous.

Obviously, YOUR CALORIE REQUIREMENTS MAY DIFFER…Chris put that in the HQ thread.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
LightsOutLuthor wrote:

Yes, there’s a chance.

Yeah that would be nice for people, and if things are easier for some, well…there’s the math.[/quote]

I think people would look forward to the possibility of a bulk discount than anything :wink:

closed #15

closed #16

closed #17