Biotest

Are Carbs Necessary to Transport Casein Hydro to Muscles?

MAG-10 seems to have a profound effect on muscle glycogen almost immediately.

I am curious as to whether it is the casein hydro causing this or the hbcd in the serving?

if the hbcd, then would you advise adding extra hbcd in to achieve an even more significant effect?

Nothing needs to be added to Mag-10. If it needed it, it would be in there already. That’s the short answer. The long answer may require a full article from Tim Patterson himself and goes beyond the scope of this advice forum, but suffice it say that the ratio/formula of Mag-10 has a lot to do with it, along with the quality of the ingredients. Glad you’re enjoying the effect!

Thanks for the prompt answer Shugs.

The reason I ask is… well, since HBCDs are touted to the next big thing in the carb world, I was contemplating replacing some of my carbs from rice/oats/breads with hbcd’s… assuming this would aid muscle growth further. (sort of like drinking Plazma several times a day).

i may try this out and report back, but can you envisage any detrimental effect to the absorption of Mag-10 (you mentioned ratio) if i add additional hbcd?

Tim Patterson has said that adding anything (aside from plain creatine) to Plazma or Mag-10 would disrupt its effectiveness.

so i can add plain creatine to Plazma you sir have just given me a game changer!

[quote]Holmana wrote:
so i can add plain creatine to Plazma you sir have just given me a game changer![/quote]

Yes, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/creatine"target=“new”>Creatine Monohydrate or <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/creatine-malate"target=“new”>Creatine Malate is fine to add to Plazma. By “plain creatine” we just mean a pure source like the ones Biotest offers and not a supplement that contains a lot of other stuff, like added carbs etc.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Holmana wrote:
so i can add plain creatine to Plazma you sir have just given me a game changer![/quote]

Yes, <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/creatine"target=“new”>Creatine Monohydrate or <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/creatine-malate"target=“new”>Creatine Malate is fine to add to Plazma. By “plain creatine” we just mean a pure source like the ones Biotest offers and not a supplement that contains a lot of other stuff, like added carbs etc.
[/quote]
this is great cuz i have some creatine mono that i have been not using because i dident want it to interfer with the effectiveness but now i will start using it today again thanks Chris

would the creatine be best served in the post-workout serving of MAG-10 or the pre-workout/intra-workout drink?

[quote]bobMartial wrote:
would the creatine be best served in the post-workout serving of MAG-10 or the pre-workout/intra-workout drink?[/quote]

That’s a good question. In the 25-ish years creatine has been with us, I’ve read multiple opinions, going both ways. It seems that once you’re loaded, one method isn’t really much better than the other. I’ve tried both myself and have never noticed a difference in pre vs. post. Just be consistent.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]bobMartial wrote:
would the creatine be best served in the post-workout serving of MAG-10 or the pre-workout/intra-workout drink?[/quote]

That’s a good question. In the 25-ish years creatine has been with us, I’ve read multiple opinions, going both ways. It seems that once you’re loaded, one method isn’t really much better than the other. I’ve tried both myself and have never noticed a difference in pre vs. post. Just be consistent. [/quote]

^ Yup.

When you’re fully saturated with creatine, basically youâ??re just taking supplemental creatine daily to replenish what you use up daily. For most people they lose about 2-3 grams of creatine a day. A bigger person would lose a little bit more. Regardless, the timing doesnâ??t really matter as long as you get it in that day. If you skipped a day, a few days, a week even, not the end of the world because to get back to baseline creatine levels, it takes a while (roughly a month or more). Personally, I take the stuff preworkout just for convenience so that I donâ??t have to think about it later on in the day.