Biotest

APRIL: TNDude's V-Diet

Hey peeps,

Decided to go ahead and order the supplements :slight_smile: They are on their way and I should receive them by Friday or Monday at the latest!

To cut a story short, I’m not happy with my body despite going to the gym 3 times a week, although I have recognised a significant improvment in muscle after following one of Chad Waterbury’s training programmes. :). Even though I’m happy, I’ve still got fat sourounding (sp?) my body and I just need to eliminate the stuff.

I’m 5’ 5’’ and weigh around 166 lbs (exact will be listed on the official day of starting the V-Diet, as will measurements).

[!] Oh and before any flaming goes on, like what the hell 166lbs and going on VDIET?! Well its due to the actual size of me, I mean 5’5’’ is short, and 166lbs could be considered skinny on someone who is 5’8’’+. I know my body is terrible so PLEASE dont tell me I’m too light - as I can see in the mirror i am carrying too much excess fat!! [!]

I thought it would be a good idea to start up a thread, which will help me log my progress and will more than likely recieve support from you guys - unlike the negative views I receive from friends/family. Hah, just wait until I loose that discusting fat, then we’ll see.

Not much to say at the moment :slight_smile: just a waiting game, still going to the gym as per normal and I expect the diet to commence more than likely on Monday 6th April (when everything arrives together).

Thanks, and i’ll keep ya’ll updated.

Looks like we are on the same schedule. Can’t wait to start too. I will be following your progress.

Sara

I’m sure you’ll have great results dude. I’m guessing you’ll be posting your numbers and stuff on Monday?

Go for it!

LR

Grats on a great decision :wink:

Here’s an idea. When you go to the gym while waiting to start, try and get a feel for what weights you will need to start with for the specific exercises on the vdiet program if you want. It helps.

Lisa

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Looks like we are on the same schedule. Can’t wait to start too. I will be following your progress.
Sara[/quote]

Cool :slight_smile:

[quote]London Runner wrote:
I’m sure you’ll have great results dude. I’m guessing you’ll be posting your numbers and stuff on Monday?

Go for it!

LR[/quote]

Hey LR

Hopefully hehe ;). Yeh official numbers and official pictures on the Monday.

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Grats on a great decision :wink:

Here’s an idea. When you go to the gym while waiting to start, try and get a feel for what weights you will need to start with for the specific exercises on the vdiet program if you want. It helps.

Lisa[/quote]

Thanks Lisa :slight_smile: Will take up on that - thanks for the hint!

Gulp Heres what I looked like a few days ago (29th March) - will get the pictures on the Monday to be the ‘official’ pictures though and count that as the real starting day…

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7875/frontsidebacktndude.jpg

[]How do I attatch an image to the post as a like thumbnail? []

Ugh… discusting lol! Hopefully rip that fat to shreds… damn stomache and love handles argh need to slice the discusting fat off lol. Any comments ? hides

Welcome aboard!

You attach a pic by replying to your thread and clicking on “Choose File” below the text box. Attach from there.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Welcome aboard!

You attach a pic by replying to your thread and clicking on “Choose File” below the text box. Attach from there. [/quote]

Thanks Chris :slight_smile:

I cant seem to attatch it to my previos post?? Tried IMG tags too but can’t get them to work.

woot woot… starting tommorow :slight_smile: Just had a meal that I haven’t had in about 2 months and I absolutley love it - Pasta. Aye its the worst (hence not having it for 2 months since I found out) but I wanted to get it out of my system and it is my favourite food!

Got the stuff on Saturday… 6th April here we come!!!

(details and pictures will be added tommorow)

Hey guys

Today was and at the mo still is the big start of the V-Diet.

So far not so bad - woke up late today and missed the gym (ARGH) so screwed up my schedule by 2 hours. Have adjusted it though as today is the only start date therefore im not making exceptions and pushing it back until next week.

As far as the shakes go Ive got a mix of strawberry and chocolate - had 3 of the strawberry so far and going to make 2 chocolate just to give it a bit of variation I think. It tastes okay - very strawberry but ok - guess its tough… it’ll have to do for 28 days haha.

Took the HOT-ROX on a empty stomach and I was ok with it - at the moment feeling a bit tired, feeling slightly sick and god damn it having some god damn day dreams about chicken breast, beef, steak with a mahoosive pile of crunchy vegetables. No potatoes. Ah that’ll be there for my HSM - counting down already.

Anyway enough of the chit chatter, heres the stats you guys will be wanting to see (well, hopefully) ;).

06-04-09

Weight = 167.0 LBS
Height = 5’4’’

[[INCHES]]

Waist: 40
Shoulders: 46
Right Arm: 13
Left Arm: 12.5
Right Calve: 15.5
Left Calve: 15.25
Hips: 42.25
Chest: 38.5
Right Forearm: 10.25
Left Forearm: 10
Neck: 14
Mid Stomach (Abs): 33.75
Upper Left Leg: 22
Upper Right Leg: 22

IMAGE OF ME HERE; http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9494/forumse.jpg

(link to image above, WOW i finally got it to work. Yey!.)

Thanks guys and i’ll be continuing to give you guys updates :slight_smile: Cant wait until the weight/inches piles off, going to be amazing too. Haha over Easter to == No chocolate. Ah well! No nutritional benefits from that anyway! lol.

One question, when can I have my HSM?

Thanks

Done the gym about an hour ago and had my Surge Post-Workout. My god the workout was hard - failed on the dumbell squat got to 20 then my legs literally gave up?! I went onto the other excercises which were fine and tried to come back to the legs but they just wern’t having it.

Any comments? heh :slight_smile:

[quote]TNDude wrote:
Done the gym about an hour ago and had my Surge Post-Workout. My god the workout was hard - failed on the dumbell squat got to 20 then my legs literally gave up?! I went onto the other excercises which were fine and tried to come back to the legs but they just wern’t having it.

Any comments? heh :)[/quote]

hey there congrats on taking the plunge. i am on my first day today so i’ll be checking in here…im no expert but i think you need to lower the weight on squats, its very important to hit that 40 rep mark, even after 20 if you go 1 rep, rest, 1 rep, rest etc etc… just my take on it. keep up the good work!

Agree with f-cann. Lower the weights, do what you need to do to get to the total number of reps.

Great work so far. Have your HSM about 7 days after you start so…if today is day 1, maybe sunday? Everybody does it different, it’s just how you can fit it in your schedule the best. But it’s about once every 7 days, give or take a day. Obviously doing it the same day would be best so you dont have extra days to wait till the next one if you have it early one week.

Keep it up, we’ll be looking forward to your week 1 results.

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

Yesterday wasn’t too bad, although i could feel the cravings for food pretty bad… I jumped in the shower and forgot about it :stuck_out_tongue: and ended up quite hungry at times but I survived it ok.

As for today, i’ve near enough constantly been hungry. Argh i could die for a cup of tea with milk !! (haha yeh v. english) also something edible. Argh- 3rd day, whats wrong with me… got a while to go yet and im dreaming about food :frowning: cries lol

As for the shakes, man I hate the chococlate and I got 3 tubs of it to shuffle through… Strawberry is not too bad but its okay I suppose. Ah I just gotta keep looking at my pic to make me carry on - it sure does the trick LOL.

Oh, also - the workout has killed me. I could not even get out of bed properley yesterday morning (day after workout) lol. Then today I could just about - went to gym at 6:30AM… and couldnt run for the bus AT ALL - that leg excercise (dumbell squat) really got to me, even now I cant fully move them properley (i.e; feels stretched)

Cant wait till next Monday - want to see the results

Hey Peeps

HSM day today and I weighed and measured myself!

Made an excel spreadsheet to track my progress. As you can see from the image above! Direct link to larger image here:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4888/weigtlosspic.jpg

As you can see I’ve lost a total of 6.5 Inches, and 5lbs! I’m extremely happy.

I will get the pictures up later, I have to crop them etc.

Comments Welcome!

Thanks,
TNDude

P.S: Is anyone noticing the random server crashes with T-Nation? I keep getting failed to connect and its not my PC as every other net site works perfectley?

Nice work so far man. It’s all a bit easier in the 2nd week.

LR

Day 11 so far and essentially flying through it!!

Loving my new body look, I can notice it in the mirror and I think its pretty awesome. Some ‘weird’ areas, but I can definatley see the fat being melted off. Its awesome.

In terms of milkshakes, they are ok - although I do get frustrated at times (mainly dinner) because I am actually getting full up, without eating anything :(. Sounds silly but I miss the taste of foods in my mouth.

After this diet I’ve been saying to myself day after day that I am never. ever. going to touch junk food again - not AT ALL. The ‘pain’ (probably mentally) that this causes of not being able to eat, it just makes you greatful for actually being able to eat foods like chicken, beef, vegetables, salad etc. Its a huge kick up your rear-end if you like and it DOES kick you the hell into shape - again mentally and physically.

I’ve actually recieved comments from family saying I look like i have lost fat in my face and body, which is good as you can’t really expect a lot of backing by them with these sorts of diets so it was good to hear that.

Ah… I just thought I’d post that, had it on my chest and wanted to get it off - perhaps it might give someone (current) or looking to do it a bit of an insight??

Anyway, Day 11 of UNTIL I’M GONE in terms of fitness. ;). I feel this diet is the start of a new me.

Peace out.

Hey guys

Damn… not much activity here, guess its because of the pictures!

Have attatched 19th Aprils (Yesterday) pictures, got to say I was heavily bloated yesterday and after clearing my system out I feel alot better so the pictures themselves aren’t impressive but I think I can see spot areas which look thinner, I guess it teaches me to clear myself out the night before the HSM!

For my HSM I had a Pitta Bread, Salad and 5/6 small bitesize chunks of chicken breast - it was awesome. I feel though everytime I eat I get a huge rush and sometimes headache and it makes me feel terrible (i.e; ill) no idea why it is, but it seems to put me off food for a week until my next HSM? lol The milkshakes remove some form of negativity I have about having food?! Even healthy. Like you know that feeling you get if you’ve eaten a whole bar of chocolate and you think WHY THE HELL DID I JUST DO THAT? - yeh well I’m getting that with healthy foods. Its crazy - i dunno maybe Chris knows why that is?

According to my ‘bloated’ measurements they are as follows - Im not making excuses I am guessing when I weigh in next week it will look like I’ve lost a lot more than usual, probably because this week I was bloated and took “false” measurements; well I’m at least hoping that anyway!!

I lost no weight at all, still 162lbs - which got me worried at first altho again I think its to do with not ‘clearing myself out’ the night before. Also measurements may be inaccurate but who cares, heres the results…

Body Stats:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4104/incheslost.jpg

Feedback appricaited!!

Thanks,
TNDude

wow. not one reply… ?

[quote]TNDude wrote:
wow. not one reply… ?[/quote]

Nice work TNDude, Im sure you’re just retaining a bunch of water. I started on 4/20, hopefully it gets easier. Keep up the good work!

Finished this now – thought I’d add a pic ?

Comments welcome :slight_smile:

Common look after V-Diet? Maybe not, but thats not the way I am looking at it. Its given me the kickstart I’ve needed.

LBS
Start @ 167
End @ 156.6
Total Weight Lost = 10.4Lbs

Total Inches Lost = 16’’

All in all EXTREMELY chuffed. Not going on transition phase but implementing the healthy lifestyle. Trust me - after this theres no touching junk again, the stuff is turned down and to me after this… just simply doesn’t exist. :).

I’d like to thanks Chris for the great diet - truly amazing and thanks for the healthy lifestyle kickstart. Hopefully soon I’ll be posting in Rate My Physique with a VShape, moderate arms and chiselled chest, and maybe some Abs. ;).

Thanks,
TNDude