Biotest

April '09: 10% to 5%?

I started my diet this morning, and man was it a rough start. I’ll get photos and measurements posted before tomorrow. I’ve never dieted before, and I love eating more than a normal person should, so this could be interesting. Two shakes in, only 134 to go. I’ll get back to this after work.

Interesting is a pretty mild term for this, but great job getting started. It wont be rough the whole time, just the first few days or so.

Lisa

Day Two: I miss food already, but I knew that would be the tough part for me. First workout at 1730 after school today, and I’ll get photos and measurements right before.

I’m trying to fight the urge to snack while I’m sitting in a coffee shop or at home studying, or in between clients at work. I took this diet on as a discipline check in addition to curbing un-healthy eating so I completely expected this struggle. I’ll stick to it if it kills me.

Keep us updated on your progress.

It sounds like you’re quickly learning a hard lesson from the V-Diet: the difference between hunger and habit. Remember, most of the time when we eat (especially when we eat bad stuff) it’s not because our stomachs are empty; it’s because of habit.

The V-Diet feeds you 5 times per day; you’re very well nourished. Yes, the calories are reduced (it’s a fat loss diet after all) but you’re always being fed. The feelings of “hunger” experienced by people in the first few days of the V-Diet are often just old bad habits knocking at your door, not true hunger.

So, fight through it!

We look forward to seeing your progress!

I’m two shakes deep on Day 3. I still don’t like them, but I’ve definitely had worse. Maybe they’ll grow on me. Had a difficult time sleeping the past couple nights, which I usually do, but I can’t tell if it’s any worse. Maybe I’ll catch a nap before work.

They’ll grow on you :wink: Hard to imagine if you dont like them the first week, I know. But…they’ll grow on you. By the middle of next week or halfway done you might even be sleeping like a bear in winter.

April 3rd- Front

April 3rd- Profile. Going for right-side up.

April 3rd- Back. I give up, I’ll get them right next time.

Advice one the shakes: try them with varying amounts of water, and try different flavors. For me, I’ve found that if there’s flax seed in it, I need about a pint of water per scoop of Metabolic Drive. No flax, I can take less water, like three to two pints.

I gagged on them and actually spewed out a mouthful several times my first week until I got the water ratio down to something tolerable.

Also, vanilla is very very vanilla. Strawberry, I like a lot better. Hopefully you ordered several flavors to break the monotony; you might even try mixing them up a bit, like strawberry/banana or something.

Good luck to you; I wish I was starting from where you are now; maybe my 2nd go-around will look like your first!

Working on shake 2 of Day 5 as I type. I’m tolerating them a little better, and I actually look forward to my peanut butter at the end of the day. Not quite peanut butter cup candy, but it will have to do. Warmer water has helped and I’ve decided the vanilla is not really for me. Personal preference.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions all.

Just drate my last shake of Day 6. I hope I fall asleep quickly or I’ll probably start chewing on my pillow. Everyone I talk to about this seems to think I’m crazy, so I know I’m on the right track. I’m praying I won’t want to eat everything on the planet week 2.

[quote]beyondordinary wrote:
Just drate my last shake of Day 6. I hope I fall asleep quickly or I’ll probably start chewing on my pillow. Everyone I talk to about this seems to think I’m crazy, so I know I’m on the right track. I’m praying I won’t want to eat everything on the planet week 2.[/quote]

Week 2 is considerably easier (except for the day after your HSM). You should be fine!

Keep up the good work!

Haven’t posted in a few days, but I’ve been true to the diet. I’m on Day 12 already, and I’m seeing progress. I’ve lost an inch off my waist which is really the physical change I was looking for with this diet. I’m really looking forward to eating again, but I’m confident I can see this through to the end now. Wasn’t so sure at the beginning.