Biotest

Anyone Know of Walden Farms Calorie Free Syrups?

So, I knowDa Vinci syrups are considered okay as flavor additives to V-Diet shakes, but I’ll be damned if I can find any around my area… however a couple places sell a brand called Walden Farms, products claiming to be calorie free and sweetened with Splenda. I was curious if anyone had ever used them before and if they’re considered okay as well. I’m never sure how much to trust “calorie free” labels and whether the ingredients used to make them flavorful and calorie-free are actually detrimental to a diet.

You’re right, they are doubtfully “calorie-free” but they are very low – low enough manipulate the ol’ “don’t have to count .5 grams or under per servings” loophole, usually done my listing very small serving sizes. Some of the ingredients they list for some of their condiments certainly aren’t calorie-free, like tomato paste.

Still, they seem to have a lot of decent products. I actually picked up some of their barbecue sauce today. I’ll report back here once I try it.

I haven’t tried any of their sugar-free syrups. I like DaVinci for that.

Where do you get your DaVinci syrups? I’m hoping to track down a store that sells them, but none of the local markets seem to. Would a chain grocery store?

I like their pancake syrup much better than most sugar free ones, doesn’t seem to be full of sugar alcohol and therefor doesn’t turn me into a ticking time bomb of unpleasantness.

[quote]VTRushinCA wrote:
Where do you get your DaVinci syrups? I’m hoping to track down a store that sells them, but none of the local markets seem to. Would a chain grocery store? [/quote]

WalMart carries a few, but I go to a local health food store that carries hundreds. Just a local mom and pop place.

You can order online too.