Biotest

Any Surge Substitute?

Hey guys. I tried Surge today for the first time (for taste purposes) and I realized that I cannot stomach the stuff. It makes me feel very nauseous and plain bad for some reason. I don’t plan on ordering more. So, is there any reasonable substitute that I could “make” at home?

Note: Don’t respond saying that it’s not the V-Diet if you don’t use Surge or anything like that… I’ve already given you my reasons.

[quote]wecndo wrote:
Hey guys. I tried Surge today for the first time (for taste purposes) and I realized that I cannot stomach the stuff. It makes me feel very nauseous and plain bad for some reason. I don’t plan on ordering more. So, is there any reasonable substitute that I could “make” at home?

Note: Don’t respond saying that it’s not the V-Diet if you don’t use SURGE or anything like that… I’ve already given you my reasons.[/quote]

Personally, it’s way too sweet for me as well.

I have some flavored BCAA powder that I add to mine. I’ve also made it with crystal lite instead of water.

Try to find a way to take it. I highly doubt you will find a good substitute.

[quote]wecndo wrote:

Note: Don’t respond saying that it’s not the V-Diet if you don’t use SURGE or anything like that… I’ve already given you my reasons.[/quote]

When you tried it, was it AFTER weight training? That’s the only time it’s to be used. If you tried it at another time, you likely gave yourself an unnecessary insulin surge and crash. If so, try it post-workout, when it’s supposed to be used.

Kak,

You are probably right. I’ll try.

Chris,

I did try it pre-workout, but only a very small amount, for taste reasons (I do this with pretty much everything I take or have taken). I would never take a full serving pre-workout.

The workout was tough, so I guess I’ll just slam it down but if it keeps me nauseous after a nauseating workout, I will just have to find a sub.

Or you could tough it out until your taste buds adapt. Which is what usually happens to those who don’t like Surge at first.

Also, make sure you’re using enough water.

Close you eyes and think of the US :smiley:

One of the physcological aspects of the V-Diet is that you are going to have to force yourself initially to consume stuff that may not taste nice.

You can probably buy calorie-less flavouring systems in the US. Try to avoid aspartame though.

ON makes a similar product but it doesn’t taste nearly as good or have facts as good as Surge. As Chris suggested, you might not be using enough water which is common for people who don’t like it at first.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Or you could tough it out until your taste buds adapt. Which is what usually happens to those who don’t like Surge at first.

Also, make sure you’re using enough water.

[/quote]

Worst thing, you get violently ill and throw it all up one night like I did. lol. (Really I think I had a stomach thing going on, it wasn’t from the Surge)

And yes, it does get better, really. I almost enjoy it now.

You’ll get used to the hyper-sweetness.

Hi!

I just read “My Big Fat Training Program Guide”. Great work!

I see the articles are from 2003. Are you planning on an update? :slight_smile:

or you could dilute it more

[quote]kakattack wrote:
I almost enjoy it now.[/quote]

OK, I think I officially enjoy it as of last night. Just try to tough through it the first few days and add TONS of water. I put ice in mine and continually add more water.

But really… I hated it at first and now I think I will probably be a returning customer.

Well straight up chugging works the best for me, and that’s what I’ll be sticking to.

I enjoyed it the first time I tried it. What flavor do you have? I have the chocolate flavor and it really tastes like chocolate milk.

original

[quote]kakattack wrote:
kakattack wrote:
I almost enjoy it now.

OK, I think I officially enjoy it as of last night. Just try to tough through it the first few days and add TONS of water. I put ice in mine and continually add more water.

But really… I hated it at first and now I think I will probably be a returning customer.[/quote]

Did you just quote yourself?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
kakattack wrote:
kakattack wrote:
I almost enjoy it now.

But really… I hated it at first and now I think I will probably be a returning customer.

Did you just quote yourself?[/quote]

Maybe… hahah. Yeah, and I talk/mumble to myself too. Blame my Dad.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
kakattack wrote:
kakattack wrote:
I almost enjoy it now.

Did you just quote yourself?[/quote]

Yeah, I just noticed that. WTF?

I was just wondering in regards to Surge, is a serving as listed for the V-Diet considered 2 scoops or 3? Is the amount listed on the label for 2 or three? Basically, if I’m calculating for 340 cal, is that from 2 or 3 scoops? Used 2 scoops on the first time through the V-Diet, but wondering if I can sneak in more. Sorry but the packaging is a little confusing.

[quote]Brick Wall wrote:
I was just wondering in regards to Surge, is a serving as listed for the V-Diet considered 2 scoops or 3? Is the amount listed on the label for 2 or three? Basically, if I’m calculating for 340 cal, is that from 2 or 3 scoops? Used 2 scoops on the first time through the V-Diet, but wondering if I can sneak in more. Sorry but the packaging is a little confusing.[/quote]

Read the label.