Biotest

Another Velocity Diet Starter

I started the VD today :smiley: I had a body composition test done at noon with pictures and will have one every week during the diet. I’m starting a lot lower BF than I thought. I was guessing 12% start with a goal of 4 - 5% at the finish. I’m starting at around 8.3%, so 4 - 5 % BF shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

I really, really like the taste of the vanilla Metabolic Drive. I’ve had lots of other protein powders over the last decade and a bit, and haven’t tasted one anywhere near this good.

The hike first thing in the morning was great!

• JW

Here’s what I was able to measure as of day 1.

Height: 5’ 11 3/4"
Weight: 173.6 lbs.

Calipers (measurements in mm):
Triceps 4
Bicep 3
Chest 2.5
Sub-scapular 8.5
Iliac Crest 5.5
Kidney 15
Abdominal 9
Thigh 8
Calf 7

Front - Day 1

(Note goofy grin - I had just heard my starting BF % and was a “little” excited that I’m starting in better position than I thought I was)

Side - Day 1

Back - Day 1

This is where I expect to see the largest change. I seem to hold most of my fat in areas shown here.

You are going to get flaaaaaaaaaaaaamed

Seriously dude I do not want to put you down but…

Firstly, you are not 8.3%. More like 12.

More importantly, you will not improve your physique (assuming lean and MUSCULAR is your goal) with the V-Diet. You are skinny. REALLY skinny. I would suggest the Anabolic Diet for you and some serious strength training.

[quote]will-of-iron wrote:
More importantly, you will not improve your physique (assuming lean and MUSCULAR is your goal) with the V Diet. You are skinny. REALLY skinny. I would suggest the Anabolic Diet for you and some serious strength training.[/quote]

I agree, I don’t think you’ll make the physique gains you are looking for by doing the V-Diet. If I were you I would take will-of-iron’s advice and hit up the anabolic diet. If you worked hard I am sure you could get the gains you are looking for.

V-Diet is def not for you man.

I could be wrong but dont most people try to be as lean as you are now AFTER the V-Diet?

What are you trying to lose?

People are way too obsessed with going for that unhealthy skinny look. You look like someone that has already finished the diet, 5 times over. Actually you look like someone that needs to eat as much as you possibly can ASAP.

Just grab whatever you see and start eating. Then go a lift big stuff.

You might prefer the Chanko Diet instead (its for Sumo-wannabes). Also the D-Diet, as in D-Bol, 40 mg/day, for 4 weeks. Throw in 250 mg Cyp 2 times per week, and your diet is close to ready.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I could be wrong but dont most people try to be as lean as you are now AFTER the V-Diet?[/quote]

LOL!

Also, I now understand WHY the Alpha Cell thing was invented! Damn I’m slow!!

I was thinking that I’m more like 12% BF as well. The 8.3% didn’t make sense to me.

As for needing to gain more muscle, yes, I could and will. I have very little bone structure and never show much muscle. I’m not going to go talking myself up (because I am in no way large), but have a lot more strength than anybody here is probably giving me credit for. Yes, I’ve done a lot of strength training and have gained some good lean muscle mass.

My goal is to get down around 5% BF, just to see that I can do it. I will later maybe try to gain another 5 to 10 lbs. of lean muscle, but anything more than that would be a hinderance to my way of life (read: the sports I play).

Thank you for the opinions and flame away if you feel the need.

Alright, as I can see There is 1 thing you have, that will be of use when on the V-Diet…

Its the part where you let other say whatever they want, and Still focus on your goal.

I dont think the Diet was intended for people with your physique. HOWEVER, I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

I started the Velocity Diet yesterday As Well. So far everything is Smooth.

I read some of your blog, I must have missed where you talked about a specific sport. But when did more muscle hinder too many athletes? I know there is the rare sport that might be the case.

Also, from your blog, you have a very self-defeating line “I know I will never be big because I have small bones”.

I used to think I could never be that big either, but with determination and the will to eat big, you can put on a decent bit of size.

[quote]rexxer wrote:
I was thinking that I’m more like 12% BF as well. The 8.3% didn’t make sense to me.

As for needing to gain more muscle, yes, I could and will. I have very little bone structure and never show much muscle. I’m not going to go talking myself up (because I am in no way large), but have a lot more strength than anybody here is probably giving me credit for. Yes, I’ve done a lot of strength training and have gained some good lean muscle mass.

My goal is to get down around 5% BF, just to see that I can do it. I will later maybe try to gain another 5 to 10 lbs. of lean muscle, but anything more than that would be a hinderance to my way of life (read: the sports I play).

Thank you for the opinions and flame away if you feel the need.[/quote]

We’re just joking with you. Welcome aboard! Seriously, you might want to do T-Dawg, as the V-Diet is for those of us who need radical loss or for whom a regular diet is too easy to jump out of (guilty). I put on a lot of muscle over the past few years and now want to lose the fat that came along for the ride.

To each his own… Good luck.

And whoever said it was right, don’t be so hard on yourself.

Thank you for some more positive (and helpful) responses. From mid-August last year to a couple of weeks ago I had some big gains. I’m now just wanting to actually see them physically, not just in the weight I can lift.

I am monitoring my health and weight very closely during this. Plus, I have a couple of bodybuilding coaches observing me once a week. I will stop once I’ve reached my goal if it is before the 28 days.

That being said this coming mid-August to early September I will be starting another gaining phase. For this, I will definitely go through this site and take recommendations for diet for that.

As for the sports where the muscle will be a hinderance… I’m a hockey goalie in the winter. All of the pros / semi-pros that I’ve grown up with are not very big. They have large legs, but for my size, so do I. I’d like to think that I could gain another 10 lbs. of lean mass without the muscle being an impediment to my agility and speed, but I’m not sure about another 30lbs. Any extra muscle would probably help with box lacrosse in the summer.

I’ll keep people updated on my journey. I am enjoying this!

Day 8 - Front

Day 8 - Side