Biotest

Another V-Diet Challenger

Starting the diet in 3 days… can’t wait! I wish FedEx delivered on weekends or I would have started today.

Day 1:

Just finished my first breakfast shake! Tasted pretty good- strawberry flavor… I am going to be huuuungry!!! What’s for lunch?

I already ran into some problems, though, so I’m glad I left enough time before I go into work late today. I’m on V-Diet 5 so that means for breakfast/dinner it’s a 24oz shake + multiple scoops of chalk. I’m using the recommended 28oz BlenderBottle. Well, while I was happy it didn’t leak, FYI, it only mixes the big shakes about 70%. I was forced to switch to a quart mixing container and break out the Braun Multiquick to whisk it to about 98% dissolved. 100% is probably impossible.

The lunch/snack shakes are only 16oz, so I’m gonna try the BlenderBottle again at work today- hopefully it’ll work better less filled. I’d rather not have to blend at work.

I ordered a scale and it’s due to arrive today so I’ll post Day 1 measurements later. Need to get a tape measure, too.

I have found that it is just fine to make even the 3 scoop meals with a blender bottle and 16oz. of water. That is what I use when away from home anyhow.

You liked the strawberry? damn…i can never get into that flavour…

Good luck man.

[quote]cywren wrote:
I have found that it is just fine to make even the 3 scoop meals with a blender bottle and 16oz. of water. That is what I use when away from home anyhow.[/quote]

WOW 16oz 3-scooper? That’s like drinking cake! I’m amazed it worked in the BlenderBottle at all.

I just had my first 16oz 2-scoop vanilla for lunch and it mixed up well. Maybe it was all the other ingredients in the breakfast shake that didn’t mix up well?

[quote]Balddog wrote:
You liked the strawberry? damn…i can never get into that flavour…

Good luck man.[/quote]

I won’t say the strawberry was great, but it was palatable. Perhaps it was because my last experience with protein shakes was in the mid-90’s so my expectations were low!

Thanks for the encouragement! I’m gonna need it!

Someone had a meeting today at work, and of course the lunch cart was rolled past my desk… first thing I thought was, man, how am I going to get one of those sandwiches!

I passed the first test (didn’t take a sandwich). This diet is going to be difficult…

Day 1 Measurements:

Height: 6’2"
Weight: 226.2lbs
BMI (via scale): 21.4%
Water Weight (via scale): 59.2%
Neck: 18"
Shoulders: 22"
Chest - Upper: 48"
Chest - Lower: 44"
Waist - Navel: 40"
Waist - Largest: 42"
Hips - Largest: 43"
Bicep - L: 12.5"
Bicep - R: 13"
Thigh - L: 26"
Thigh - R: 26"
Calf - L: 15.5"
Calf - R: 15.5"
Ankle - L: 11"
Ankle - R: 11"

I’m a little surprised by my weight. It was 12lbs higher last week, but I was wearing clothes at the time and I just had my wisdom teeth out so I haven’t been eating as much the previous 4 days.

[quote]IronMadness wrote:

WOW 16oz 3-scooper? That’s like drinking cake! I’m amazed it worked in the BlenderBottle at all.

I just had my first 16oz 2-scoop vanilla for lunch and it mixed up well. Maybe it was all the other ingredients in the breakfast shake that didn’t mix up well?
[/quote]

Ya, I don’t think breakfast or dinner would work so well in the blender bottle. Just the two mid-day meals. Sorry if I didn’t read your post thoroughly.

Day 2:

Yeah, so it’s been 1.5 days and already these shakes are tearing up my GI track. It’s tough mentally drinking down a shake when you know what it’s going to do to you in the cough end.

Forget the bedroom, I’m going to be banned from my house.

It’s really tempting to take a spoonful of PB early today. Just one serving for some solid satisfaction…

Day 4:

Well, good news: yesterday I easily tightened the belt another notch! Odd- I didn’t expect that so soon at all. Missed a shake yesterday due to long meetings at work that I couldn’t escape from… I was doing the shaking at that point!

I only bought 4 proteins, and now I need to order quick today- I hope I don’t run out.

Dropped 3lbs already in the morning weigh-in.

Man, I’d really like 4 slices of pizza right now. Maybe some hot wings, too. 2 dozen. mmm

stay strong…

I know hot sauce isn’t considered an extract, but maybe put a little in your shake- I’m sure then you won’t want hot wings anymore.

Day 5:

[quote]jreis wrote:
stay strong…[/quote]

Yeah… slipped a bit today. :frowning: My son refused to eat his dinner quesadilla, so I ate it (it was small)! (and I had 2 yogurt coated raisins…)

I only splurged because I had my HSM today for lunch so it was just putting more food on food. :slight_smile:

Had sushi… and ate a good amount- multiple plates! So much for “feeling full quick”. Best sashimi ever!! I ate the HSM a little early because I’m going to a wedding in 6 days and didn’t want to have 2 meal days so close together.

Yesterday 3/4mi NEPA. Walked/ran 2mi around the track today briskly. I’m shot now… hope the bedtime shake won’t keep me awake again…

Day 6:

Mmm, what a difference this day’s meals look like compared to yesterday’s… I’m feeling stuffed just looking at them! :confused:

Looks like an illegal substance haha

[quote]kchevre wrote:
Looks like an illegal substance haha[/quote]

yes it does! looks like quite a lot of illegal substance and I’d probably lose a lot more weight from it, too.

Day 7:

Phew! 1 week done! Felt so long ago I had my first shake… and so many days left to go!

Yesterday did about 2mi NEPA walk to the beach at the dog park. Today, nada.

I’ve been feeling full and aside from not eating solid foods, it hasn’t really felt like a diet. So, yesterday I decided to kick back my morning and night protein from 3 to 2 scoops. Plus, I’m almost all out of protein and waiting for delivery in 2 days so I need to ration. (I didn’t think I’d make it even 1 week so I only ordered 4 proteins.) Well, I was extremely hungry today- those 2 less scoops did the trick! It’s a little harder now not to cheat, especially after the HSM 2 days ago, but when I fight it off, it’s definitely gratifying.

How much peanut butter does everyone use? Teaspoon, tablespoon, heaping tablespoon?

2 tablespoons (32g) seems to be the common serving size…about 200 calories.

I love peanut butter!

K

Today was my day 1 and I am about to eat my first dose of PB!! YAY!

Day 11:

Had a wedding to go to yesterday so that will be this weeks unhealthy solid meal. The wedding was far away requiring a road trip… so being honest: no shakes today either… I failed. :frowning:

Back on the wagon tomorrow! Mid-point measurements by Tuesday.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.