Biotest

Animal Diet and Peri-Workout Carbs?

I was just wondering, as I’ve been following your food log with the meals you’ve been eating as part of the “mostly animal meat” diet you’re trying right now, are you still taking in any carbs peri-workout?

Nope. Just Anaconda or MAG-10. If you think about it, you’re getting what you need for peri-workout, just minus the carbs (both Anaconda and MAG-10 are carb-free.)

Loving the results so far.

Nice. Have your workouts been affected by the lack of FINiBARs/Surge? I was just wondering, since there were 2 times in the past I’ve lifted on a very low carb diet. The first time my strength went to shit, and the second time it wasn’t affected. I think the first time I wasn’t getting enough fat.

[quote]u r bunk wrote:
Nice. Have your workouts been affected by the lack of FINiBARs/Surge? I was just wondering, since there were 2 times in the past I’ve lifted on a very low carb diet. The first time my strength went to shit, and the second time it wasn’t affected. I think the first time I wasn’t getting enough fat.[/quote]

That could be true.

I wouldn’t say that my workouts are as good as with FINiBAR and Surge, but they’re not bad. And since my goal is currently fat loss and not breaking PRs, this is fine. I’m “chasing one rabbit.”