Biotest

Angry and Ready to Change!

I am a 23 year old female who just started graduate school. Through high school and mostly through my undergrad I was thin, muscular, and in the best shape of my life. Somewhere along the past few years I lost that body and now have one that I am ready to change.

I have been unhappy and felt as if I was no longer good enough for my boyfriend or myself. I wear a lot of t-shirts to hide my stomach and I feel very uncomfortable in many situations. For a while now I have felt sorry for myself and started to change things but always fell back to my ways when I didn’t see results.

I no longer feel sorry for myself and I am now pissed off and ready to make the change. I will be starting the V-Diet on Monday! I have every confidence in myself that I will be able to complete this and I have been working hard since the middle of the summer to build up muscle mass and prepare for this lifestyle change.

I am currently 5’4" at 136 lbs. I will take measurements tomorrow and post them along with my initial picture. I would appreciate any of your comments, support, and advice and I would love to be there for anyone who would like to hear from me…

I am ready to beat the hell out of this lifestyle and make a difference for myself. I would love to do this together!

we’ll be rootin’ for ya… keep up the determination. looking forward to your posts!

As promised…here are all the measurements and pictures…

5’4’’ @ 133.6 lbs
Neck: 13"
Shoulders: 38.5"
Under Bustline: 29.25"
Navel: 33"
Hips Widest: 37.75"
® Thigh: 21.75"
(L) Thigh: 21.75"
® calf: 14"
(L) calf: 13.75"
® ankle: 8 3/8"
(L) ankle: 8 5/8"
® bicep: 10.75"
(L) bicep: 11"

I start tomorrow and have never been more ready! Wish me luck and I will be posting regularly…

If anyone has words of wisdom or advice please feel free to share!!

This is lk906’s boyfriend and I know how badly she wants this. I went through the V-Diet last fall and have since been doing my best to maintain the BF% and increase muscle mass. She has seen my results and has heard stories of how hard this program can get, and still greets the challenge with all the confidence in the world, just like I knew she would.

I’ll be there supporting her all the way through, but I know she could use the additional help of you guys who are going through it with her. Post away fellow V-Dieters! And good luck to you all. =)

Hi LK906,

Good luck to you! I haven’t done the Velocity diet yet but will when I’m finished with the training program I’m on… I’ve been lurking on some of the journals and I think it is a great way to get some quick results while incorporating good habits that you can continue on. I’ll be here to root you on and watch your transformation.

I appreciate all the support I can get! Keep in touch and I can’t wait to share my results! What type of training program are you working on?

You have the right attitude and mindset to change. Those are the most important ingredients, above the supplements and workouts.

You will succeed. You don’t need luck, just a program, support and determination. The program is done for you, you obviously have the determination judging by your posts, and the support of your boyfriend and everyone on here, so no excuses. Now do it!

Day 1! YAY!

I started my morning with a shake with one scoop of vanilla and one of banana and it was really good. It cut down on the intensity of the banana and it make the vanilla taste alot better also.

I took my first HOT-ROX this morning and it was my first time to take anything like this. It has made me feel weird to say the least… I felt slightly nauseous and have been pretty hyped up this morning. I hope this feeling dies down slightly…

I have my shakes for this afternoon packed and ready to drink so I will have no problem following the plan! Hope all is well with everyone!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

The HOT-ROX can make you feel weird… I try to pair up my dose with a shake. It really helps… I don’t feel so strange.

Good luck with the first workout. :slight_smile:

Again, day 1 has been going fairly well. There are 40 students in my grad program and we have a birthday chain and people bring lots of sweets. Today someone brought brownies, chocolate covered cookies, and some other form of cookie…it was brutal but I really wasn’t as tempted as I thought I would be. I have stuck with things and did my first workout today…

Today was Heavy (4-5 RM) w/ 30 second rest.

Front Squats: 85 lbs x 5,4,4,3,3,1
Lat Pull Down: 90 lbs x 5,5,4,3,3
DB Bench Press: 25 lbs per hand x 5,5,5,5
Ab Wheel Rollout: 5,5,5,5

Should have done more weight for the front squats but I did not have my knee brace and I didn’t want to blow out my knee on day 1…also I think I should have done more in the DB bench but I will play with it to make sure I start at a good weight. I plan to go on a walk with the b/f in a little while. Hope all is well…

[quote]edge982 wrote:
YOU CAN DO THIS!

The HOT-ROX can make you feel weird… I try to pair up my dose with a shake. It really helps… I don’t feel so strange.

Good luck with the first workout. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I will take my HOT-ROX tomorrow with my morning shake!

I just did my NEPA for today and walked for about an hour. It was quite productive too becuase I made a stop and bought a Sam’s Club membership. I am really enjoying this…it feels so good to get out and just walk around the city…NEPA=GOLD :slight_smile:

We too have been using NEPA an excuse to visit friends, we even talked to the grocery store once. I few weeks ago we would have gotten in the car to do either of those things.

Hope the HOT-ROX treats you better soon!

[quote]jreis wrote:
we even talked to the grocery store once.[/quote]

That is some Mr. Rogers stuff right there!

[quote]jreis wrote:
We too have been using NEPA an excuse to visit friends, we even talked to the grocery store once. I few weeks ago we would have gotten in the car to do either of those things.

Hope the HOT-ROX treats you better soon![/quote]

I know right! I feel great after walking around and enjoying the fresh air.

I am going to stick to just one HOT-ROX a day for a few days until my body gets used to them. It’s amazing how much one small pill can affect my day…

Today is day 2 and it has been pretty rough. I have been following everything to a T and was doing fine but tonight while my boyfriend was about to cook dinner I lost it (in tears…yes I am a weenie). It is only day 2 but this whole no food thing is still new and it was rough. It doesn’t help that I had a neuroanatomy practical today and have an exam Thursday and two next week with another practical…fun fun! Oh well…my boyfriend is supporting me and keeping me on track.

Tonight for my NEPA I played intramural volleyball and our team kicked ass! I played for about 1 hour and 45 minutes…it was awesome…that might have been a little long but it was fun!

Anyways…I will keep trecking through this…

Those tough days are, well…tough! I get through them with the fiber tablets. I also just got some green tea to try Chris’s suggestion of green tea and mint as an appetite suppressant. I’m finding some days are really easy and I’m full, and others are difficult - I hate driving past restaurants! If you can resist all those cookies in your face though, you can push through! Stay strong.

[quote]lonestarpv wrote:
Those tough days are, well…tough! I get through them with the fiber tablets. I also just got some green tea to try Chris’s suggestion of green tea and mint as an appetite suppressant. I’m finding some days are really easy and I’m full, and others are difficult - I hate driving past restaurants! If you can resist all those cookies in your face though, you can push through! Stay strong.[/quote]

Thanks for the support! It is much needed…I will try the green tea and mint thing. How are things going for you?!

Keep going… we all have days where we’re really tempted to eat. Just keep your head up and think positive. You will do this. :slight_smile:

[quote]lk906 wrote:
Thanks for the support! It is much needed…I will try the green tea and mint thing. How are things going for you?![/quote]

Going well. Today was a good no - no starvation, no bad cravings. Yesterday was bad for cravings. I like the workouts though. Getting bored with the taste of the shakes - I’ve tried every mix & match combo possible, and it all tastes about the same. Not bad though.