Biotest

And We're Off

So here I am… Day 3 of the “new” Velocity Diet. I have tried the V-Diet once before, but failed miserably when I got a short-notice deployment to Afghanistan.

Here is my starting data:

Weight 204.5
BF% 18%
Neck 16.5
Should 49.5
Chest 42.5
Waist 39
Hips 36.5
Up Arm 14.5
Up Leg 25
Calf 17

I have the before pics… I’ll post those when I am done… pretty ugly!

So who am I… if anyone wants to know… I have spent my life in the US Army, most of it in the Special Forces, until I became an Infantry Officer. My physical appearance was usually controlled through brutal physical training and rotating deployments. Three years ago I got a job teaching at West Point and everything slowed down. My eating never adjusted to a more sedentary lifestyle, but my body did!!

While I still make Army Body Fat percentages (so the Army doesn’t punish me for being overweight), I look in the mirror and am disgusted. The “me” in the mirror and the “me” in my mind are so far apart I had to do something drastic and focused, and I knew that the Velocity Diet was the starting point.

Last note here… I started this on Friday, February 13th. What’s significant about that? 29 days from then (Friday, March 13th) I head to Australia for 10 days of goofing off. I gotta look good for that, right!?

Follow me, don’t follow me, I appreciate everyone out there in T Nation world that holds peoples feet to the fire.

Day 3 Notes:
Yesterday was a bit tougher than others so far (yeah, all two of them!). I have been waiting for the crash… the crash where my body suddenly realizes that I’m really not taking in many carbs and almost no sugar and protests loudly. The last time I was on the V Diet, I was about 4 days into it when I was put down by a headache/body ache combo that I thought I was going to die… scary thing was, I had a slice of pizza and it all went away.

So, back to yesterday… I was getting close to my HSM and generally feeling like crap. I made it through with some Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti and had no problems… still waiting for the real crash though.

Work out yesterday was ok at best, right as I started to do reverse lunges I got a splitting headache out of nowhere, I do notice that I can’t lift as much in a more fasted state, or maybe I was just being weak.

My numbers:
Reverse Lunge: 50lb DBs X 7, 8, 6, 5 45lb DBs X 5, 4, 4 (could do more w/o headache)

BO Row: 115 X 9, 8, 8, 6, 5 (need to up this weight)

Push Press: 105 X 8, 6, 6, 4, 95 X 5, 5, 6

Barbell Curls: 55 X 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 4

Reverse Crunch: Body Weight 4 sets of 10 (need to add some resistance)