Biotest

And the Diet Continues

So I’m finishing up day 3 and feeling suprisingly strong when it comes to food cravings. I’m pretty consistently full so I don’t really crave food too often. And today I had to throw a pizza party for my 5th grade students (I had COMPLETELY forgotten about it until it popped up in my Outlook) and I managed to sit with them 45 minutes watching them eat delicious pizza without any major problem. Sure it smelled good and I could practically taste it, but I just kept thinking, “You made it this far and you spent all this money - you’ll be so mad at yourself if you screw up now.”

One thing I have been struggling with is my stomach feeling kind of weird. Sometimes it’s almost like nausea, but different. Has anyone else had this sensation? Does it go away as you adjust?

On a side note - for once I’m actually looking FORWARD to getting on the scale in a few days! Is that weird??? :slight_smile:

I think we’ve all had some weird stomach things on this V-Diet, the nausea could be a number of things, I had it the first day and then it passed, others had it more. Chris said answering a question to make sure to put the Flameout and flax in the fridge, some people don’t do that, for me I can’t take the Flameout on an empty stomach, something to do with the DHA so it needs to go in mid shake.

Also I don’t know how much caffeine you are used to but the HOT-ROX on an empty stomach can give you this feeling too, Chris says to take this with a shake if needed. I’m used to alot of caffeine so 2 HOT-ROX a day was fine in separate doses on an empty stomach, so then I thought I’d boost my dose to 2 HOT-ROX on an empty stomach in one dose and it gave me the dry heaves big time, but I can take 2 with a shake, sometimes I do that. This is alot of info I know just giving you all the possibilities, some people can’t toloerate the thickness of a shake so Chris has said to decrease the amount of water or increase for your own needs, me I can’t handle real thick shakes like other people it makes me way too full. In the 3rd week of my V-diet I started bloating due to the flax but this doesn’t happen to everyone, so I switched over to a FA3 supplement, it’s on this website. I hope any of this helps.

Anyways great job so far!! I’m in transition week 2, 4 days until I’m done, really the first 4 weeks is hell of this, but it will go by and you can do this and you’ll look back and realize how fast it went by and be really proud you did this! One of Chris’s articles said just get through the day, so don’t think about a week from now or so on, just get through the day.

Best of Luck to you!

I made it! First HSM today! We’re headed to an Argentinian place with a delicious assortment of meat dishes and I am salivating just thinking about it! Now the real challenge is to take my time and thoroughly enjoy every bite without inhaling the whole plate of food.

On a side note - I couldn’t resist and just weighed myself out of curiousity yesterday even though I’m not due until Monday for a weigh-in. Fully clothed, middle of the afternoon, and I was down 2.5 lbs! If I was down that much 5 days in and with all other factors considered, I’m really excited to do the true weigh in on Monday.

Had my first weigh-in today! My fiance and I voted to weigh on Sundays instead of Mondays so we don’t have anything to add to the before work routine. I was shocked when I got on the scale - 151.3 (down from 157.1).

I didn’t do full measurements but I did check the waist and I’ve already lost an inch.

Talk about movtivation! Though I am sad a little after our HSM yesterday because it was so good. I hate having to wait another week. But 1 week down feels good too!

Good stuff, 6 pounds is excellent. I always found the toughest days were the days directly after the healthy solid meals.

Ok - so V-Burn on paper /= V-burn in real life! That was WAY harder than I expected yesterday. But in an awesome and ridiculously sweaty way.

Today has been tough, after my delicious HSM. All I wanted was to chew on food - any food! I did note two good things though: 1) When I thought of food, my first thought tended to be craving some sort of protein or fruit/vegetable 2) I caught myself having those “eating out of habit” thoughts when I wasn’t truly hungry. I spent a lot of time writing reports at my computer today so I’m sure that related to it, but it really made me reflect on how I use snacking as an avoidance strategy as well as to satisfy cravings.

Food for thought if I may be so bold and punny…

Just finished week 2. Lost another 1/2 lb, 3 inches around my waist, but still feeling super bummed. I guess I thought 3 inches would be more noticeable to me but I don’t notice anything. My clothes feel a little better, but I have no desire to run around in a bikini at this point. I keep wondering how I got here because a year ago, I felt fabulous, no diet neccessary. And I looked good. It’s like starting all over or something.

I’ve been super struggling with a lack of energy too. Tried upping my HOT-ROX but it’s not making a difference. It’s the strangest thing - I feel like I need to take a nap, but I lay down and my brain is wide awake. It’s literally just my body dragging.

Trying to stay motivated - I won’t quit now that I’m this far, but I’m struggling to push myself. I’m so used to working out and improving every week, that the idea of just DOING it is difficult for me to grasp. I can’t wait to have my energy back!

3" off your waist is a huge number. While you may not notice it looking in the mirror right now, I bet if you compared pictures side by side, you would see the difference.

Keep up the good work.

I don’t know if you read my log, but remember the pics show the difference, and I really didn’t see the huge effect until week 4 it’s like all the magic came together then, I was bummed weeks 2 and 3 also, even my numbers were still going barely you sometimes just want faster results. Just keep pushing through, you only have two more weeks until you can have an HSM daily and when you reach this point your energy will surge!!

Keep going! Keep going! Keep going!!! 3 inches is huge!!

I’m going to post my pics from weeks 3 & 4 just so some people can see when the difference started to happen because I know you when you are in weeks 2 & 3 you just feel like it’s never going to happen, but it will!

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
I don’t know if you read my log, but remember the pics show the difference, and I really didn’t see the huge effect until week 4 it’s like all the magic came together then, I was bummed weeks 2 and 3 also, even my numbers were still going barely you sometimes just want faster results. Just keep pushing through, you only have two more weeks until you can have an HSM daily and when you reach this point your energy will surge!!

Keep going! Keep going! Keep going!!! 3 inches is huge!!

I’m going to post my pics from weeks 3 & 4 just so some people can see when the difference started to happen because I know you when you are in weeks 2 & 3 you just feel like it’s never going to happen, but it will![/quote]
Well said. I remember you getting discouraged in your log when the scale weight drop started slowing down.

You all were so right! I haven’t been able to blog recently because of the last week of school (I work in an elementary school) and it was insane. But NOW I have a LOT to update -

Still struggling with occasional nausea, but more so after my HSM day…anyone else notice that? It’s not unbearable just kinda blah.

I took measurements this past weekend, going into this week 4, and I lost almost 4 inches off my waist, I’m down below 150lbs (148 to be exact) which was a MAJOR goal for me. I’m back to what I consider my “pre-college” weight which is where I feel my best. I’ve even had people who haven’t seen me for a week or so comment on how great I look. It’s the greatest feeling ever.

I feel like there is still more to go, but I’m trying to really enjoy this moment and use it to motivate myself. I can’t WAIT to go back to a regular lifting and workout program after this is over because I feel like I’m at a great starting point now to get the body I truly want before my wedding.

Thank you to everyone for all your support! I couldn’t have done it without you all and my fiance constantly reinforcing me.

Great Great Job!! Way to stick with it! You know right now I’m training and doing a strict eating plan now and occassionally I’ll mix up a shake for convenience of all the things that I mixed up when doing the V-diet and after I drink it I get nauseated, not sure why, funny because on the V-diet it went away after the first couple of days, weird though,

Can’t wait to see your finale pics!