Biotest

And so it Begins

I am too excited to wait until Monday, so I am starting tomorrow.

Here are my stats:

Height: 71
Weight: 162
Neck: 14
Shoulders: 45
Chest Upper: 37
Chest Lower: 35
Waist at Largest: 35
Waist at Naval: 33
Hips at Largest: 36.5
Upper Arm L & R: 11.5 & 11.5
Upper Leg L & R: 21.5 & 22
Lower Leg L & R: 13.5 & 14
Ankle L & R: 9.5 & 9.5

I have a situation. I will be flying to Los Angeles on the 13th and 16th of May. Unfortunately, I have connections for both flights. On the 13th I’ll be separated from my powder for 5.5 hrs and 7.5 hrs on the 16th. As I am pretty sure protein powder is not allowed on the plane, what could I do for nourishment?

Side

Back

Hey, good luck with the diet. But imo, if you lose anymore weight your guna look malnourished and maybe ill.

Why not try building some clean mass first and then cut so you have something to show? Just some constructive criticism.

[quote]TravMan wrote:
As I am pretty sure protein powder is not allowed on the plane, what could I do for nourishment?
[/quote]

As a matter of fact, you CAN take your protein powder on the plane.

Just plan on paying a MINT for the H2O to mix it with.

Take a wide-mouth shaker bottle that can hold 24-32 ounces, possibly a funnel, and put your powders in a DOUBLED-UP ziploc bag (one ziploc inside another). Take enough for your transit day with you in your carry-on, put the remainder in double-bags in your checked luggage.

Trust me on the double-bagging… I learned that lesson the hard way.

[quote]reactiontm wrote:
As a matter of fact, you CAN take your protein powder on the plane.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info reactiontm. That should save me a lot of hassle.

First day went well. I get an upset stomach from the shakes that have flax seed, but its not unbearable. The shakes were actually quite filling, but I am sure that will change in the days to come.

Forgot to mention that you need to bring your scoops with you.

I can tell my body is missing solid food. I was more on edge today. The stomach aches really put me in a terrible mood. Other than that, my body is looking awesome, due to what I am guessing is just loss of water weight. I am anxious for my workout tomorrow. I had a pretty good NEPA today and yesterday. Helped a buddy move on Friday and today I put a 15lbs weight in my back pack and went for a long walk around campus, plus I did my vocal warm-ups for the day, so yay for multitasking.

Had another workout today. I am still trying to get used to the exercises. I need to train myself to focus more on form and intensity and less on rep #. Other than that I was very pleased with my workout today and I wish I could work out everyday. On to day 4…

DAY 4: My roommate was cooking and the smell drove me crazy, but I beat it. Body is pretty sore today. Excited for Wednesday, which will be my HSM day. Not sure what to have. Pizza…Steak…Chicken? There is just so many delicious options to choose from. Planning on going to the store tomorrow. That should be an interesting adventure.

[quote]TravMan wrote:
DAY 4: My roommate was cooking and the smell drove me crazy, but I beat it. Body is pretty sore today. Excited for Wednesday, which will be my HSM day. Not sure what to have. Pizza…Steak…Chicken? There is just so many delicious options to choose from. Planning on going to the store tomorrow. That should be an interesting adventure. [/quote]

Isn’t Pizza an UHSM (Un-healthy solid meal) Stick to the plan any diviation will make the “machine” fall apart and not work correctly

Best of luck with the V-diet.

^^^ Im gussin he’s talkin about the HSM pizza, made cauliflower?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
^^^ Im gussin he’s talkin about the HSM pizza, made cauliflower? [/quote]

My Bad, just after discovering the recipe section, that cauliflower pizza looks delish…have to try that. Cheers Marzouk

Yeah I was talking about Shugart’s recipes. I went with steak though. Tomorrow I will be dining on Filet mignon (currently marinating in avocado oil, black pepper, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, and shallots), roasted asparagus with pearl onions, a small yam, and a kiwi for dessert. I’m substituting twice the amount of asparagus for the salad. Love that shit.

The rest of my day went well. I haven’t had to many hunger strikes, but damn does food smell good. Workout was better. I’m getting the hang of the routine and I am excited for the V challenge in a couple of days. I reallt miss working out everyday, so I think on my off days I am going to do a bit of yoga and stretching on top of the NEPA activities.

Here it is and it was delicious. Took a hour to eat, which was hard, but I surprisingly filled up quickly. Other than that day went well. I did some stretching, which felt nice.

Day #8: The shakes are getting a bit harder to swallow, but nothing I cannot handle. The second week of workouts began today. The routines are becoming second nature and there is a bit of excitement in the air when I know it is workout day. I checked the scale today and I was about 155. My body is showing serious signs of improvement. :slight_smile:

[quote]TravMan wrote:
Day #8: The shakes are getting a bit harder to swallow, but nothing I cannot handle. The second week of workouts began today. The routines are becoming second nature and there is a bit of excitement in the air when I know it is workout day. I checked the scale today and I was about 155. My body is showing serious signs of improvement. :slight_smile: [/quote]

wow. thats all i can say. why on gods green earth are you trying to “lose” weight. your happy being 155lbs? The only time i could ever understand someone wanting to be that light, is if they compete in a fighting sport and have to make weight and make a living. dude, get off of this “I want to lose weight” kick. Your a man right, start eating and lifting and putting on some serious weight. the other guy was being kind. but someone needs to shake you a bit. you have no muscle at all, yet you are trying to lose weight. whyyyyyyyyy.

Thanks for the concern guys, but it is my body and I have my own goals. I haven’t cheated. I haven’t given up. In that respect I think I deserve some support. My body preference is lean and mean opposed to big and strong. And I most certainly don’t associate manliness to being big/muscular. I just thought this diet was a good way to get what I wanted and so far it is doing its job.

That being said. I am going to start implementing the transition phase early since I am reaching my goals quicker than I expected. haha.

Go to the t-cell and read the v-diet thread and you will understand that this is not the diet for you.
If I remeber correctly it is pretty clear that the v-diet is ment for people who have allready muscles.

Instead you should join the rest of us skinny fuckers here at T-Nation for the quest for a stronger and more
muscular body. And if you want to be mean and lean thats ok, but you are lacking in the mean apartment.
adding some pure muscle mass would not hurt you.

anyway good luck on your road to a better body.

ps. If you follow the advice you have gotten from several posters here it is no need for throwing out the v-diet supps, its filled with protein and nutrition. Just add some healthy food that will support muscle growth and you are set.

just gonna play devil’s advocate here…while i agree Travman needs to put on some slabs of muscle to even have the look hes goin for, I have seen situations where nutritionists/diet coaches say they would much rather the client lean out(meaning no lower back fat) before trying to gain mass. Shelby Starnes being one who advocates getting Lean before Gaining. Just throwin that out there and maybe the OP is going about it the right way