Biotest

Anaconda Instead of Surge Recovery?

Chris,
Could I have a FINiBAR before lifting, then have a serving of Anabolic Load after instead of Surge Recovery?

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
Chris,
Could I have a FINiBAR before lifting, then have a serving of Anabolic Load after instead of Surge Recovery? [/quote]

Anaconda is best during training in my book. You want carbs after lifting, and Anaconda has done. Surge Recovery does.

It’s not that it’s “bad” or “won’t work,” it’s that there are other formulations that work better in that application and are made especially for this time.

I hear you, and I know how you feel about peri carbs…I’m just curious about this. Thib says that you’re supposed to count your peri workout macros and keep them within the bounds of your daily “allowance.” For me, I’ve made my daily allowance 100 to 120 carbs. With a FINiBAR and a scoop of Surge, thats 60 g carb right there…
Here’s my sample meal plan: cal = 2,000-2,200, carb = 115-130g, fat = 55-60g, pro = 220-250g, sugar = about 50g

MEAL 1: 1 cup egg substitute, 1 whole egg, 2 small chicken tenderloins
MEAL 2: (snack) 2 scoops MD, 1/2 serving blueberries
MEAL 3: PERI WORKOUT: 1 FINiBAR pre, 1 scoop Surge Recovery post
MEAL 4: Salad (1/2 bag romaine, small tomato, bell pepper, can of tuna, 2 tbsp dressing) and either a handful almonds or a scoop of whey/MD
MEAL 5: Dinner: bag of veges (brocc or stir fry or some sort of Trader Joe’s bagged mix) and either 2 lean turkey burgers, fish, or other lean meat
MEAL 6: Pre Bed: 2 scoops MD, 1 tbsp EVOO if needed

How can I have all these carbs periworkout if I’m trying to fit this all under 100g carb? Right now, I’m coming in just over that, and my only carbs are from veges and tomatoes…Any advice?

I think you’re making a big deal out of what amounts to just a handful of carbs. 90, 100, 120… it’s not like your body “knows” and is going to not behave if you go under or over by 10 carbs. You probably do anyway given the natural variances in foods.

And if you’re counting the carbs in vegetables, DON’T. Or at least subtract the fiber from the total carb count.