Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 2

One week post my WR meet. back at it. no time to rest.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/6/163f9_ORIG-11846479_10155874917845626_252490120_n.jpg

Real talk

I just want to give a BIG SHOUT out to my nutritional Coach, Amit Sapir.

After watching the progress of another client of his, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to work with someone of his caliber. I have been stuck at the same weight for two years. Through the diligent work of my doctor we were able to pinpoint some problems. With that I could now focus on fat loss, but was scared I would loose a lot of the strength I have trained so hard to get over the last three years.

It is my goal to train hard, qualify, and step on an international platform for a World title in Powerlifting.

Three months with Amit and my results are AMAZING.

1. Gained 7lbs of Lean Muscle
  2. Loss of 21lbs from the scale weight
  3. Loss of 28lbs of fat
  4. Loss of 5% body fat
  5. Loss of a total of 26 1/2 inches from body. Sites measured (Biceps/Triceps, Hip, Chest, Waist, Neck, Calves and Thighs)

Those results are even more incredible as I was unable to train at all during the month of July due to medical reasons. I have had to switch gears and lay off all heavy weights and during this month of August will focus on HIGH reps, LOW weights and lots of cardio. Slowly progressing back to the heavier weights as my ribs/sternum heal.

By following Amit’s nutritional plan I was able to keep from going backwards during the down time. A lot of my nutrition last month came from MAG-10, Plazma and my Egg White/Metabolic Drive Shakes. Some of the worst days that was my only intake, with better days including a solid meal.

I have started training again and am completely humbled by how difficult low weights and high reps can be.

Sunday started another 3-month coaching with Amit. I look forward to seeing how August turns out and where we finish this three month cycle.

Mahalo nui loa Amit for all of your support, the weekly check-in and adjustments of my menu, as well as all the encouragement during the month of July as I struggled to get through my day.

Biotest products I am taking (about all they have in stock…LOL)

ElitePro
Curcumin
Flameout
Power Drive
Rhodiola
Rez-V
Indigo-3G
Metabolic Drive
PLAZMA
MAG-10
GPC
Creatine Malate
Superfoods

I might have forgotten one.

Mahalo to Tim Patterson and ALL the Biotest/T-Nation coaches for their continued support.

Another awesome video that a fan made for me after the 744/181WR record squat. Enjoy

The power of emotions in lifting and how you can use them.

I work via emotion…everything I do in life begins with “how I FEEL about the situation.”

Some will say you need to think with your brain and not your heart, and I agree that in some cases there is merit to that statement. After years in the game, however, I have found personally that the strongest tool you have are your emotions. I recently saw a client of mine struggling with her squats (barely getting through 6 reps at a weight I knew she was capable of doing for 20) …after seeing the lack of technical issue, I told her to "go to a place that makes you mad/sad…anything that creates A STRONG emotion. I could see her face change in seconds and she got to 22 reps, all of them looking better than the 5 previous sets. I used the same concept before my WR attempts…I stayed focused on making my kids proud or not disappointing the people that love me. Creating a MIND SET that is abnormal, if you are willing to actually FEEL and let those emotions in, I promise will make an insane difference. Here is the added bonus: when you feel over and over again the things that scare you or make you angry, you are forcing your mind to deal with them; and after enough repetition, it becomes one of the BEST ways I know to work through those emotional issues. I have used this as a part of my lifting since I was 13 and it has helped to keep me sane and out of trouble

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/4/2/42452_ORIG-11817034_504331086406760_3717062112857372145_n.jpg

Trying knee wraps for the first time. HURTS!

Are knee wraps really that painful? :open_mouth:
I have heard that many russian lifters don’t let their emotions come out in training, only in the competition. Do you handle it the same way?

hello Amit!
can you outline your approach as far as diet and macros after a bodybuilding contest in order…
-to stay in contest or near contest condition ( i mean lean) and grow lean …maybe have a good rebound firstly…!
-to stay full ( retavily speaking…)!
-how to keep going for the offseason …?( nutritionaly…)
thanks…-

• also ione more important question …what approach you followed to rehab your hamstring?
    i recently strained mine and would like to know how to rehab it effectively…

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
I just want to give a BIG SHOUT out to my nutritional Coach, Amit Sapir.

After watching the progress of another client of his, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to work with someone of his caliber. I have been stuck at the same weight for two years. Through the diligent work of my doctor we were able to pinpoint some problems. With that I could now focus on fat loss, but was scared I would loose a lot of the strength I have trained so hard to get over the last three years.

It is my goal to train hard, qualify, and step on an international platform for a World title in Powerlifting.

Three months with Amit and my results are AMAZING.

1. Gained 7lbs of Lean Muscle
  2. Loss of 21lbs from the scale weight
  3. Loss of 28lbs of fat
  4. Loss of 5% body fat
  5. Loss of a total of 26 1/2 inches from body. Sites measured (Biceps/Triceps, Hip, Chest, Waist, Neck, Calves and Thighs)

Those results are even more incredible as I was unable to train at all during the month of July due to medical reasons. I have had to switch gears and lay off all heavy weights and during this month of August will focus on HIGH reps, LOW weights and lots of cardio. Slowly progressing back to the heavier weights as my ribs/sternum heal.

By following Amit’s nutritional plan I was able to keep from going backwards during the down time. A lot of my nutrition last month came from MAG-10, Plazma and my Egg White/Metabolic Drive Shakes. Some of the worst days that was my only intake, with better days including a solid meal.

I have started training again and am completely humbled by how difficult low weights and high reps can be.

Sunday started another 3-month coaching with Amit. I look forward to seeing how August turns out and where we finish this three month cycle.

Mahalo nui loa Amit for all of your support, the weekly check-in and adjustments of my menu, as well as all the encouragement during the month of July as I struggled to get through my day.

Biotest products I am taking (about all they have in stock…LOL)

ElitePro
Curcumin
Flameout
Power Drive
Rhodiola
Rez-V
Indigo-3G
Metabolic Drive
PLAZMA
MAG-10
GPC
Creatine Malate
Superfoods

I might have forgotten one.

Mahalo to Tim Patterson and ALL the Biotest/T-Nation coaches for their continued support. [/quote]

Thank you so much Tunya!

You continue to get better as each week goes by and I have no doubt that you’ll reach your goals. With your hard work, dedication and discipline anything is possible. Let’s keep pushing! We are well on our way :slight_smile:

You’ve got a great team behind you.

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Are knee wraps really that painful? :open_mouth:
I have heard that many russian lifters don’t let their emotions come out in training, only in the competition. Do you handle it the same way? [/quote]

Let’s just say that if you leave them on for too long you can lose a leg, that’s how tight they are. It’s like casting your knee! I still haven’t decided how I feel about using them but it’s another skill to have and a different form of lifting. I like to learn new things and I might give it a shot for a future training cycle.

As for Russian lifters… They aren’t all the same. Some are very cold and only let emotion come out in important competition and some use it more frequently in training as well. As for me, I’m a pretty emotional dude and I use emotion as fire to fuel my training and even in a more intense tool during ocmpetition. It’s the strongest mental tool that people have if they know how to use it right.

Here is a Q@A interview I did with Chris Duffin this weekend. Lots of good question and info you guys can use.
Enjoy

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hello Amit!
can you outline your approach as far as diet and macros after a bodybuilding contest in order…
-to stay in contest or near contest condition ( i mean lean) and grow lean …maybe have a good rebound firstly…!
-to stay full ( retavily speaking…)!
-how to keep going for the offseason …?( nutritionaly…)
thanks…-

• also ione more important question …what approach you followed to rehab your hamstring?
    i recently strained mine and would like to know how to rehab it effectively…[/quote]

As for your first 3 questions… They are not simple. This could take a whole novel to explain. There’s no general answers here and everything is individual, my diet is constantly evolving and changing. Depending on my current condition at the time and I’m constantly learning new things to implement.

The only general advice I can give you is:

• gradual increase of food - even when you rebound you must increase calories very slow
  • proper carb timing - special emphasis is put on periworkout nutrition through manipulation of Plazma doses and timing based on goals.
  • Macros and your bodies needs are constantly changes. What works for you today will be different in the weeks to come so it needs to be adjusted according to your specific needs at any given point.

If you talk with any of my clients you’ll hear that they are checking in on a weekly basis and sometimes their diet is changing with each update. I closely monitor their progress and make small changes as they progress.

Hamstring rehab - I’m not really sure what the issue is that you have but I tore my hamstring in 3 different places and it was very bad. I did about 6 weeks of rehab before returning to the gym. It included deep tissue massage, art, graston treatments and pulse units while I slept. When I got back into the gym I did a lot of rehab exercises. Things like 1 leg stiff leg deadlift, Swiss ball single leg hamstring curls, 1 leg cable curls. I put a lot of emphasis on bracing my core while doing this and proper breathing with intent on every rep.

You can look at Chris Duffins movement series to see some good videos regarding my rehab. He helped me a lot with this.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/c/2/c2f2a_ORIG-11902286_886969334719730_5055936658432295489_n.jpg

Body building and powerlifting in the same training program
stay tuned :wink:

Hey Amit,
do you write in the near future a new TNation article? Would be nice!!

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hey Amit,
do you write in the near future a new TNation article? Would be nice!![/quote]

I’m working on a few things. Is there anything in particular that you’re interested in?

UPDATE

I will be competing in the Boss of Bosses 2 meet in California on August 29th. I haven’t decided if I’ll lift at 198 or 220 yet. This will be my 4th the meet in 4 months so my body is a bit tired and my nervous system is a bit fried. I’ve been having some issues with my training since my last world record meet and things aren’t exactly as I planned but I’m going to go in and do the begs I can. Not expecting to break any world records this time but I definitely intend to win my category at this meet!

My main focus after this will be the IPL worlds in Vegas in November. I want to add a world title to my list and possibly get another world record there. If anyone will be in Vegas at this time please come out and say hi… Maybe we’ll go party after to celebrate a successful year!

After the worlds I’m going to take some time off to recover and then I’ll be looking to do a bodybuilding show next year. I still like to look jacked and I’m eager to get back on stage in the near future.

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hey Amit,

I’m working on a few things. Is there anything in particular that you’re interested in?
[/quote]

Mhmm I really liked your 10 tips from a pro bodybuilder article, but your "olimpic deadlift " article was also interesting. Maybe something about nutrition for lifting , or how you combine world records in powerlifting and bodybuilding, or a “problem” you see with the training of your client’s. Anyway every article by you will be great!!!

Hi Amit.
I want to ask you few things.

Firstly, I dont have access to buy plazma, so I want ask what kind of carbs can I use instead plazma. At the moment I have two powdered carbs, which are dextrose and maltodextrin. Can I use combination (mixture) of dextrose and maltodextrin instead plazma for peri nutrition ??

And next I want to ask about your program “How I Finally Got Muscle to Grow”. I have very good legs, really strong body part. Chest is my most lagging body part. I dont know how I should order workout days to focus more on upper body and less for lower. I was thinking about :
Day1: Chest
Day2: Back
Day3: Off
Day4: Shoulders
Day5:Arms
Day6:Legs
Day7:Off

Or

Day1:Chest
Day2:Back
Day3:Shoulders + Arms
Day4:Legs
Day5:Off (Then repeat cycle) Of course option is to put additional Off day after Day2.

Let me know what you thing :wink: And you are really good athlete, keep rocking :wink:

[quote]Akidara wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hey Amit,

[/quote]

Mhmm I really liked your 10 tips from a pro bodybuilder article, but your "olimpic deadlift " article was also interesting. Maybe something about nutrition for lifting , or how you combine world records in powerlifting and bodybuilding, or a “problem” you see with the training of your client’s. Anyway every article by you will be great!!!
[/quote]

Those are some great ideas. I’ll take some of them into consideration and get something new out. Thank you for this.

[quote]Matosv wrote:
Hi Amit.
I want to ask you few things.

Firstly, I dont have access to buy plazma, so I want ask what kind of carbs can I use instead plazma. At the moment I have two powdered carbs, which are dextrose and maltodextrin. Can I use combination (mixture) of dextrose and maltodextrin instead plazma for peri nutrition ??

And next I want to ask about your program “How I Finally Got Muscle to Grow”. I have very good legs, really strong body part. Chest is my most lagging body part. I dont know how I should order workout days to focus more on upper body and less for lower. I was thinking about :
Day1: Chest
Day2: Back
Day3: Off
Day4: Shoulders
Day5:Arms
Day6:Legs
Day7:Off

Or

Day1:Chest
Day2:Back
Day3:Shoulders + Arms
Day4:Legs
Day5:Off (Then repeat cycle) Of course option is to put additional Off day after Day2.

Let me know what you thing :wink: And you are really good athlete, keep rocking :wink: [/quote]

Hi There,

Thank you for posting here. Why isn’t Plazma available to you? From all of my years of experience I have never found anything remotely comparable and I cannot train without it now. If there’s a will there’s a way! If you can figure out a way to get it I promise it will be well worth it. I’m certain that Biotest ships to most countries so you might want to check into it. No product out there comes even close and it’s made a world of difference in my training… If I could only choose one supplement for the rest of my life this would be it it’s changed my training so much!

As for the training question: option #1 will work better.