Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 2

i hope you are on the first floor

GENETICS VS HARD WORK

I keep hearing people using the term, “I have bad genetics” as an excuse for why they don’t get results… Do genetics matter? Sure they do! Can they make your training/gains life easier? Yes they can!

Is it going to make you or break you? NO IT WON’T! Can you beat it? YES YOU CAN!

I’m 5’4, jewish and an original skinny/hard gainer and started my career in a country that has very poor conditions for pro sport… Many times in my career I’ve head, “You don’t have the genetics to turn pro… You are too short… You will never make $ from this sport so why to put in so much work”. Its so easy for people to fall down when they hear negativity and doubt… You know what I do? Use those words as fire and turn them into my daily grind of successive and progressive hard work… It takes me every day and every session to prove to the “experts” that their opinion means shit to me. One of my biggest thrills is to see the look on certain peoples face when I succeed(I know the “right” thing to say is that I am only doing this for myself and I’m not going to bullshit anyone because of course I get enjoyment in proving others wrong and showing off my success… Everyone thinks this way they are just too ashamed to admit it.) Since I was young I’ve taken the time to learn from every source available…I’ve read every possible article I could get my hand on, tried hundreds of training programs, systems, diets… Sometimes certain methods failed (failure happens to all of us) but I got back up and tried again, time after time! I have no gifts but I do know how to work hard… I got to the top of 3 different sports… the kid with ZERO GENETICS… you can do it too!
HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

Deficit deadlift from today. really like this variation.

High volume squat session.

Yoke bar pause squat. 475 for 5 reps. I LOVE this variation.

Amit I’m currently doing your strong bodybuilder program and am really enjoying it . Could you advise me as to what to do after 2 cycles of the program ie 8 weeks ? I want to continue to grow and get stronger so should I switch it up or continue the cycle ? Regards from the UK

[quote]merseybeast wrote:
Amit I’m currently doing your strong bodybuilder program and am really enjoying it . Could you advise me as to what to do after 2 cycles of the program ie 8 weeks ? I want to continue to grow and get stronger so should I switch it up or continue the cycle ? Regards from the UK[/quote]

You can run this anywhere from 8-16 weeks. Usually I do about 12 weeks and then switch programs. You can try one of my other programs from here after. If hypertrophy is your goal you might like the how I go muscle to grow program and if strength is more important you can try the no machines program (it’s very user friendly with equipment that everyone had access to).

If you are looking for something more advanced I also do customized programming for athletes. It really depend on your level and your goals.

Happy to hear the program is going well. Thanks for posting.

I did your strong bodybuilder workout in May and June and I really liked it. Thanks for creating it.

[quote]biker wrote:
I did your strong bodybuilder workout in May and June and I really liked it. Thanks for creating it. [/quote]

You’re very welcome, glad to hear you liked it.

UPDATE:

I decided to jump into another meet this weekend at the Vancouver Pro. I am in the middle of a big weight cut right now (no one said I wasn’t crazy!) I’m attempting to drop down to 181 for the meet and try to claim another WR squat in a lower weight class. I’ll keep you posted on how the cut goes and what happens in the meet! I’ve got about 25lbs to lose before Friday morning.

If you can master your mind, you can master your body! Carbs and water manipulation can do magical things when done correctly and I’m here to prove it.

Thanks to Biotest for all of their support. I’m going to be slamming down a whole container of Plazma after the weigh in!

hello Amit!
can you outline your approach as far as diet and macros after a bodybuilding contest in order…
-to stay in contest or near contest condition ( i mean lean) and grow lean …maybe have a good rebound firstly…!
-to stay full ( retavily speaking…)!
-how to keep going for the offseason …?( nutritionaly…)
thanks

Amit’s new world record in the 181lb category. 744lbs!!!

Amazing! You’re breaking world records on a monthly basis

From powerlifting watch

“At a meet yesterday In Vancouver BC Amit dropped roughly 26 pounds to make weight at 181 and came away with one of the most astonishing world records of all time! 744 pound raw squat (no wraps in case you’re wondering) at 181 is 4.09 x body weight!! He is the only man in the world currently capable of it. His performance started with the 744 but went on to bench 402 and pull 523 for a 1,669 total.”

Amit,

Do you ever miss Olympic Weightlifting? Which style of training has fulfilled you the most over your training career? Weightlifting, powerlifting, or bodybuilding?

[quote]TrainForPain wrote:
Amazing! You’re breaking world records on a monthly basis[/quote]

Lol… It seems that way doesn’t it! I’m on a roll here and thinking about heading up to the 220’s at the boss of bosses in August and take a shot that that one too!

This record was very special for me. The weight cut took every bit of mental energy I had to make it (I was literally in tears in the sauna when the weight stopped dropping) and the result is something that no one has ever done before so it made every second of it worth it.

[quote]bkbetz wrote:
Amit,

Do you ever miss Olympic Weightlifting? Which style of training has fulfilled you the most over your training career? Weightlifting, powerlifting, or bodybuilding?[/quote]

I do miss Olympic weightlifting and I actually still do it for fun here and there and like to incorporate it into my bodybuilding training programs.

In terms of fulfillment… Since I started professional sport my original goal was to become the best in the world at something and be the only one who can do something that no one else can do or has ever done. In this regard powerlifting had been the most fulfilling because it made all of my dreams a reality. I was among the best in the other sports but I was never THE BEST! Once I found the sport that allowed me to get to the very top it made my decision easier when it came to where to put most of my effort.

Bodybuilding taught me a lot about discipline and how to push through the toughest of times. Obviously the nutrition I’ve learned during my time as a bodybuilder is extremely valuable. Weightlifting is my base… It taught me perfect technique for all of the lifts I’m doing now, taught me speed & explosiveness and a lot about being a REAL athlete. I love all 3 sports and I will be stepping back on a bodybuilding stage later this year or next year.

Every sport gave me so much knowledge and this combined knowledge gave me the opportunity to make a living from what I love to do the most and to help others to be at their best. I’ll be forever grateful for all 3 sports.

Something about mental toughness…

I remember laying in the sauna and having tears in my eyes… the scale was stuck on 185 and didn’t want to move even after two 15min sets in the sauna. I thought in my head that after all this work I might not make it… when I came out I could barely walk and laid down on the gym floor… My friend who was there with me told me “I hope when you make weight you will remember this part… because when all your competition is probably sleeping now… you are here at 6am fighting to be the BEST IN THE WORLD.”

it was a turning point… It reminded me how many years I was dreaming about this moment and how many times I promise my self “WIN OR DIE” hell I even tattooed it on my shoulder. From that moment I got my 2nd wind… made a decision that no matter what happens I’m making the weight, no matter how much its going to hurt. For me every situation in life is about GIVING EVERYTHING you got… to be willing to let go on comfort and to COMMIT to something that is so great for you that you know that when you will get it YOU WON.

it’s this drive that every athlete knows… that fear from failure and the knowing that you are willing to do everything or die trying. I love to do the impossible… I love to prove the haters wrong and Iove winning… Always be confident and courageous with your truths and the directions set out by your heart.

Pretty astonishing considering your recent injuries… Just makes it all the more inspiring and impressive. Really amazing stuff in here Amit, keep it up.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Pretty astonishing considering your recent injuries… Just makes it all the more inspiring and impressive. Really amazing stuff in here Amit, keep it up.[/quote]

Thank you man. I’m still not a 100% but I’ll get there or die trying…
Once my arms will be 100% I hope to get my deadlift and bench way up there. next year a bodybuilding show is in my plans as well