Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 2


#261

New all time squat record 766lbs/198lbs. could not be happier.

Thank you guys for all the support. I’m so proud to bring this one home
to T-Nation/Biotest TEAM


#262

Full meet re cap


#263

Hello Amit, thank you so much for messaging me back on Facebook. You had said you answer questions here,'so I will hopefully not annoy the piss out of you. About an year ago, I had stumbled upon your strong bodybuilder program. I had looked and felt like complete dog shit. So I worked my ass off and have gotten down to 240 from a skinny fat of 265. I know damn well I can look better than this, my heart and will is not lacking. It is knowledge with macros. I have tried a dozen of these so called “fitness models” diet plans, macro calculators… You name it. Now that I am finally adding muscle, I still get a little embarrassed by taking my shirt off…I am 40 years old, 249 lbs. at 20%bf and would ultimately like to keep adding muscle, while stripping away the belly and love handles. What do you suggest I start with?


#264

Congratulation on your world record!!! Now get the world record to at 220 hahah !!!


#265

Awesome job. 800 soon!


#266

[quote]edguaschino1975 wrote:
Hello Amit, thank you so much for messaging me back on Facebook. You had said you answer questions here,'so I will hopefully not annoy the piss out of you. About an year ago, I had stumbled upon your strong bodybuilder program. I had looked and felt like complete dog shit. So I worked my ass off and have gotten down to 240 from a skinny fat of 265. I know damn well I can look better than this, my heart and will is not lacking. It is knowledge with macros. I have tried a dozen of these so called “fitness models” diet plans, macro calculators… You name it. Now that I am finally adding muscle, I still get a little embarrassed by taking my shirt off…I am 40 years old, 249 lbs. at 20%bf and would ultimately like to keep adding muscle, while stripping away the belly and love handles. What do you suggest I start with?[/quote]

Don’t worry, you are not annoying me at all! I’m always willing to help people who have the will to work hard to achieve their goals.
Are you able to post a current photo so I can see where you’re at. Numbers are great but it’s easier if I have a visual. (If you feel comfortable with doing this)
Here are a few things to consider when trying to lose body fat:
You need to be in a calorie deficit, meaning to expend more calories than you are putting in. A great way to do this without eliminating calories is by increasing energy expenditure by adding some cardio for example. You could try adding 5-6 days of cardio, 3 LISS and 3 HIIT. Aim for 45 min for LISS and 25-30 for HIIT. You can build up to these numbers gradually.

Add a thermogenic like HOT-ROX before your cardio session and it will help with fat loss. (30-45min before cardio)

Use indigo to help with better absorption of carbs and food in general.

Use intraworkout nutrition (Plazma) to maximizes gains and speed up recovery time.

Nutritional timing is key when dieting. Have most carbs pre, intra and post workout. In fact since you are starting at 20% body fat this is the only time I would consume carbs for now.
40g carbs preworkout
1.5 serving Plazma intra (indigo 30min prior)
40g carbs post

Protein roughly at 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good starting point
Minimal fat, 50g per day maximum.

*this is a very general recommendation but it should get you started on the right track.


#267

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Congratulation on your world record!!! Now get the world record to at 220 hahah !!![/quote]

Thank you! I’m playing with that idea right now. I broke the record in this category 4 times so maybe it’s time to move up with the big boys. The current record at 220 is 786lbs. It’s definitely a possibility!


#268

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Awesome job. 800 soon![/quote]

This is a number that I’m hoping to reach in the very near future!


#269

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]edguaschino1975 wrote:
Hello Amit, thank you so much for messaging me back on Facebook. You had said you answer questions here,'so I will hopefully not annoy the piss out of you. About an year ago, I had stumbled upon your strong bodybuilder program. I had looked and felt like complete dog shit. So I worked my ass off and have gotten down to 240 from a skinny fat of 265. I know damn well I can look better than this, my heart and will is not lacking. It is knowledge with macros. I have tried a dozen of these so called “fitness models” diet plans, macro calculators… You name it. Now that I am finally adding muscle, I still get a little embarrassed by taking my shirt off…I am 40 years old, 249 lbs. at 20%bf and would ultimately like to keep adding muscle, while stripping away the belly and love handles. What do you suggest I start with?[/quote]

Don’t worry, you are not annoying me at all! I’m always willing to help people who have the will to work hard to achieve their goals.
Are you able to post a current photo so I can see where you’re at. Numbers are great but it’s easier if I have a visual. (If you feel comfortable with doing this)
Here are a few things to consider when trying to lose body fat:
You need to be in a calorie deficit, meaning to expend more calories than you are putting in. A great way to do this without eliminating calories is by increasing energy expenditure by adding some cardio for example. You could try adding 5-6 days of cardio, 3 LISS and 3 HIIT. Aim for 45 min for LISS and 25-30 for HIIT. You can build up to these numbers gradually.

Add a thermogenic like HOT-ROX before your cardio session and it will help with fat loss. (30-45min before cardio)

Use indigo to help with better absorption of carbs and food in general.

Use intraworkout nutrition (Plazma) to maximizes gains and speed up recovery time.

Nutritional timing is key when dieting. Have most carbs pre, intra and post workout. In fact since you are starting at 20% body fat this is the only time I would consume carbs for now.
40g carbs preworkout
1.5 serving Plazma intra (indigo 30min prior)
40g carbs post

Protein roughly at 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good starting point
Minimal fat, 50g per day maximum.

*this is a very general recommendation but it should get you started on the right track.[/quote]
I will keep you posted on results. I will take before pictures and in 4 weeks start taking some progress photos


#270

First week back to training after the meet. It’s been a long time since I had a few days off from training so I decided to take 7 days after the meet. My Dad came to visit and I haven’t seen him for over a year so I took some family time to relax.

Next 3 weeks I will be doing some more bodybuilding style training with higher reps and some full body work. I will be having some fun in the gym and doing some exercises I haven’t done in a while. I will be getting back into serious prep mode in about 4 weeks.


#271

One of my favorite accessory exercises. Buffalo bar pause squats! give it a try. 2-3 sec pause at the bottom.


#272

A new video that really captures the moment of my world record day and how Much of emotional day it was for me.

Enjoy!


#273

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

A new video that really captures the moment of my world record day and how Much of emotional day it was for me.

Enjoy!
[/quote]

When I won my WABDL World record last November it was on the 1st lift. I was able to hold it together until after my last lift and then I sat on the floor and cried. Definitely hits you! Again, congratulations Coach.


#274

Hey Amit,

Congrats on your recent world record!

I’m close to finishing up your no machines program and was wondering if you recommended a specific strategy for retesting my lifts at the end. Should I take a couple days off and then test? Test all the lifts in one day or across multiple days?


#275

[quote]Final Argument wrote:
Hey Amit,

Congrats on your recent world record!

I’m close to finishing up your no machines program and was wondering if you recommended a specific strategy for retesting my lifts at the end. Should I take a couple days off and then test? Test all the lifts in one day or across multiple days?
[/quote]

Thank you! Hope you enjoyed the program.

Take a deload week and then do a test day with all the lifts in the same day. Treat it like a competition.


#276

Some deadlifting from today


#277

post workout posing


#278

Some more off season posing from yesterday session


#279

One more


#280

FREAK