Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 2

Im trying to drop as much weight as possible leading up to my first meet in November. Im currently 303lb trying to get down to 275 class for my first meet. I’ll begin my 12 week prep in August. I really want to get to 242 by the end of the year.

I’ve lifted for some time now im fat but not a fat ass. Anywho it seems that I need to do some form of cardio to aid in dropping the weight. Im also counting macros right now and carb cycling. For some reason as much as Im doing I can seem to get out of the 300’s

[quote]Iron_Knight_ wrote:
Im trying to drop as much weight as possible leading up to my first meet in November. Im currently 303lb trying to get down to 275 class for my first meet. I’ll begin my 12 week prep in August. I really want to get to 242 by the end of the year.

I’ve lifted for some time now im fat but not a fat ass. Anywho it seems that I need to do some form of cardio to aid in dropping the weight. Im also counting macros right now and carb cycling. For some reason as much as Im doing I can seem to get out of the 300’s[/quote]

Your goals are very achievable. Some sort of cardio will be needed but my first guess will be that the problem is in your diet. It could be a problem with food choices, amounts, meal timing or macro breakdown. I’m sure with some guidance in your nutrition you can be set on the right track.

[quote]bill2 wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]Iron_Knight_ wrote:
Would love to know your thoughts on cardio for speeding up metabolism. Or best cardio to drop weight but keep strength.[/quote]

I think it’s really individual and depends on the person. Many factors are to be considered such as body type, diet (high carb/low carb), intensity of training, metabolic rate etc. I think that cardio has a place and time in most peoples diets but how much and what type (ex. HIIT or LISS) would depend on the individual.

If I had to generalize it I would say the best type of cardio to do in order to drop fat would be LISS (this also helps with active recovery from heavy weight training). Some people will good recovery abilities and people with a higher carb diet can deal well with a combo of both types. Something like 2:1 ratio of LISS:HIIT. Again, this is a generalization so the type and time of the cardio would need to be discussed on an individual level.

If you are looking for something more specific for yourself you can go into a bit more detail about what you want to achieve and what you’re doing right now so I can give you a more personalized answer.[/quote]
on this topic Amit
i currently dieting in order to drop from 15% to 5 % bodyfat and thinking what the best srategy should be for me…
im 204 pounds 5.9 and im going for 16 week diet endo -and a bit meso body
was thinking to have 3-4 cardio days mostly HIIT and focuse on training to drop bodyfat…
with 3-4 heavy days and 3-5 pump-secondary workouts ( meadows style)
thoughts and advice?[/quote]

I think when you’re trying to drop bodyfat (especially to somewhere as low as you’re aiming) then diet is always going to be the key. Your program doesn’t sound bad but I would probably do a mix of HIIT and LISS cardio. Doing only HIIT can definitely lower your performance in the heavy training sessions, legs for example.

The duration of the cardio session and the frequency should be adjusted according to your progress during the diet.

Got you. Well you’ll be hearing from me soon to do a diet program soon. I got your prices so look forward to chatting.

Needed an edge before the bench session today so…

wow keep up the good work mr Sapir !

Had an awesome squat session today. 2 weeks out from the meet and I hit a huge PR, 325lbs. I’ve had a goal of 315 since last year and been working hard to get there so I’ve exceeded my expectations with this lift. Thanks to my awesome husband for all of his help and support!

I think I drank too much Spike this morning (I guess it turned out to be a good thing!)

Last heavy squat session before the meet. Here is a video of 725 and 745 for 1. Feeling great!!!

Squat Session:

Ramped up to a single with 745lbs. Jumped 90lbs each set starting at 135.
685 x 2
725 x 1
745 x 1

Buffalo bar pause squats
4 sets x 3 reps @ 600lbs

Static buffalo bar lunges
3 sets x 8 reps

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:
Last heavy squat session before the meet. Here is a video of 725 and 745 for 1. Feeling great!!!

http://youtu.be/cxwvW2FhqKU[/quote]
That flew up! I think we are about to see records fall…again

[quote]maikeltjeh89 wrote:
wow keep up the good work mr Sapir ![/quote]

Thank you. Doing my best.

[quote]TrainForPain wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

http://youtu.be/cxwvW2FhqKU[/quote]
That flew up! I think we are about to see records fall…again[/quote]

I wont lie…it hurt when the record got broken… time to re claim what is mine. I feel more ready then ever. thanks for the support. it means a lot.

3 days out from the meet! I’m drowning in all of the water I’m drinking right now for the water load. Just a few more pounds to lose before the weigh-in on Friday morning.

Bronwen and I fly out tomorrow morning but we’ll keep you posted on how everything goes over the weekend.

go for it amit.
keep us posted

CONGRATULATIONS COACH!!!

You NAILED those Squats. You’re AWESOME.

Another big congratulations on your Bench!!

4 for 4 on bench press with a CPL record with 420lbs

Amit, I heard you are taking online clients?

How do I contact you about that?

Thanks

[quote]unimog wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

Aloha Unimog,

I am one of his newest clients. He is doing my nutrition.

If you have Facebook, you can contact him through there.

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS COACH!!!

You NAILED those Squats. You’re AWESOME.[/quote]

Thank you so much!

[quote]unimog wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

Yes I am taking online clients. You can email me ifbbproamitsapir@yahoo.ca or contact me through Facebook as Tunya mentioned.