3 sets x 8 reps

Superset: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Rope pushdowns
+
Overhead extensions

1 arm landmine laterals
3 sets x 12-15 reps

[quote]Bron Sapir wrote:
I’d say it’s a pretty good day when you hit a triple with the weight of your first world record. Good work Amit!!
[/quote]

Very true!!!

What weight class has Amit decided to compete in? -same or move up to 220?

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

[quote]Bron Sapir wrote:
I’d say it’s a pretty good day when you hit a triple with the weight of your first world record. Good work Amit!!
[/quote]

Very true!!!

What weight class has Amit decided to compete in? -same or move up to 220?[/quote]

I’m still debating which route I’m going to go. I’m in the middle of these 2 categories so it really depends how I feel and how my performance is in the next few weeks.

I have a good weight cut protocol if I need to use it and it’ll suck but a little suffering for a new world record is probably worth it.

Give this Abs giant set a try. you will LOVE IT!

lol your children haha

Will test it, are they also there when you have a serious workout?

[quote]Akidara wrote:
lol your children haha

Will test it, are they also there when you have a serious workout? [/quote]

Lol. No they are not there for serious workouts. They just came in the gym for this one video.

Deadlift day was a huge success this week, I finally built up to a double with 405lbs! I’ve been trying something different preworkout and it really helps with my strength and focus before the session.
PREWORKOUT
90min - 1 serving GPC
60min - 6 capsules Micro-PA & Indigo-3G
30min - 1 serving Plazma & Original Brain Candy

I find the preload with the Plazma really helps with my strength sessions and the Brain Candy/GPC combo helps me focus and get my head into it, without it I find I’m “floating” for lack of a better word through my workouts.

Squat Day

Built up to 685 with triples. The speed wasn’t as fast as I’d like to see it (based on the push band) & walkout felt awkward this day so I called it a day at 685. Playing it safe and going by feel this close to the meet.

Buffalo Bar Pause Squat
500 x 3
550 x 3
600 x 3 (3 sets)

Barbell Lunges
3 sets x 8-10

Weighted crunches
3 sets x 20 reps

Bracing/breathing exercises

**Since I’m 4 weeks out from the meet I’ve lowered my volume quite a bit. My intensity in every session now is very high and I’m doing a lot of reps with very high percentages. **

DEADLIFTS
2 sets x 3 @ 80%
2 sets x 3 @ 85%
2 sets x 2 @ 90%

Bent over barbell rows
4 sets x 8-10

Rope pullovers
3 sets x 12-15 reps

High rows
3 sets x 12-15 reps

Fat bar hangs - 3 sets to failure

Plate pinches - 30 seconds

Got this question and thought I would share.
What made you want to change over to powerlifting?
And how is your training changed for it?

The biggest difference when I trained for ONLY bodybuilding is that I used a lot more super sets/drop sets, more variations/angles for some exercises and more machines… to be honest since I switched to more of a hybrid approach my physique is actually seems to keep improving than when I only trained “bodybuilding style” . In my opinion the way I’m training now is a lot harder but for me it’s also way more fun.

Here’s a few reasons why I decided to compete in PL as well.

1)I always lifted heavy… even as a bodybuilder… I LOVE lifting heavy weights and love to challenge myself… pump is nice but NOTHING gives me a bigger satisfaction than a new PR… and For me the low reps was always more fun since my days as Olympic weightlifter.

2)I want to compete in an OBJECTIVE SPORT… where ONLY your performance count and no politics and BS is involved

3)I wanted to be the BEST in the world and this sport gave me the best chance to do it.

Don’t get me wrong I still love bodybuilding and planning to keep competing but for me it’s half a sport half a beauty pageant while powerlifting is 100% sport and when I put my health/heart/ living on the line I prefer to be judged on my hard work and the results of it and not to hear that my tan was bad …

Hello Amit,

what do you think about higher rep deadliftd for example 3-5 sets of 6-8 reps or 4-6 reps ?
I already googled it a bit but no expert opinion.
I ask especially if it would be a good idea to incooperate it into a bodybuilding routine (maybe a meadows routine) to build musle and strenght in a different rep range than my typical 1-3 deadlift range.
Thanks Amit:)

Shai’s mixing the Plazma today! He thought it was the MAG-10 and he wanted to make himself one. He had his sippy cup out with the funnel inside. Lol.

3 weeks out from my meet. feeling good and confident about getting my world record back.

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Hello Amit,

what do you think about higher rep deadliftd for example 3-5 sets of 6-8 reps or 4-6 reps ?
I already googled it a bit but no expert opinion.
I ask especially if it would be a good idea to incooperate it into a bodybuilding routine (maybe a meadows routine) to build musle and strenght in a different rep range than my typical 1-3 deadlift range.
Thanks Amit:)[/quote]

It can work for sure. but It all depends in the general volume of your program. I can tell for sure that this kind of work was a staple in my training and helped me build a big, thick back/posterior chain so it most likely will be a part of most bodybuilding programs I build.

Would love to know your thoughts on cardio for speeding up metabolism. Or best cardio to drop weight but keep strength.

[quote]Iron_Knight_ wrote:
Would love to know your thoughts on cardio for speeding up metabolism. Or best cardio to drop weight but keep strength.[/quote]

I think it’s really individual and depends on the person. Many factors are to be considered such as body type, diet (high carb/low carb), intensity of training, metabolic rate etc. I think that cardio has a place and time in most peoples diets but how much and what type (ex. HIIT or LISS) would depend on the individual.

If I had to generalize it I would say the best type of cardio to do in order to drop fat would be LISS (this also helps with active recovery from heavy weight training). Some people will good recovery abilities and people with a higher carb diet can deal well with a combo of both types. Something like 2:1 ratio of LISS:HIIT. Again, this is a generalization so the type and time of the cardio would need to be discussed on an individual level.

If you are looking for something more specific for yourself you can go into a bit more detail about what you want to achieve and what you’re doing right now so I can give you a more personalized answer.

DEADLIFT DAY

• volume is low right now and my main goal is to improve neural adaption and get my nervous system ready to rock for meet time in less than 3 weeks. Sessions have been a bit shorter but very intense.

Deadlifts
4 sets x 3 building up to 90%
I planned to go a bit heavier but the workout was cut short because I ripped my hand open on my last set.

Barbell rows
4 sets x 12/10/8/6

Cable rows
3 sets x 12-15reps

Rope facepulls
3 sets x 12-15reps

Hanging leg raise 3 sets x 20 reps

Timed hangs on fat bar - 3 sets to failure.

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]Iron_Knight_ wrote:
Would love to know your thoughts on cardio for speeding up metabolism. Or best cardio to drop weight but keep strength.[/quote]

I think it’s really individual and depends on the person. Many factors are to be considered such as body type, diet (high carb/low carb), intensity of training, metabolic rate etc. I think that cardio has a place and time in most peoples diets but how much and what type (ex. HIIT or LISS) would depend on the individual.

If I had to generalize it I would say the best type of cardio to do in order to drop fat would be LISS (this also helps with active recovery from heavy weight training). Some people will good recovery abilities and people with a higher carb diet can deal well with a combo of both types. Something like 2:1 ratio of LISS:HIIT. Again, this is a generalization so the type and time of the cardio would need to be discussed on an individual level.

If you are looking for something more specific for yourself you can go into a bit more detail about what you want to achieve and what you’re doing right now so I can give you a more personalized answer.[/quote]
on this topic Amit
i currently dieting in order to drop from 15% to 5 % bodyfat and thinking what the best srategy should be for me…
im 204 pounds 5.9 and im going for 16 week diet endo -and a bit meso body
was thinking to have 3-4 cardio days mostly HIIT and focuse on training to drop bodyfat…
with 3-4 heavy days and 3-5 pump-secondary workouts ( meadows style)
thoughts and advice?