Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 2

[quote]jorge96 wrote:
Hi coach. I want to ask you for how can i improve my tríceps development. I have a poor development rescept other groups and i al much better in pull than push.
I train it like an other group.
Thanks coach. [/quote]

When a certain muscle group is lagging behind it’s a good idea to try increasing the frequency of training that specific area. I don’t know what you’re currently doing but you could try something like this…

Close grip bench press - 5 sets x 8/6/4/2 & a drop set of 8/8/8
Decline EZ bar skullcrushers - 4 sets x 10/8/6 reps & a drop set of 10/10/10
Weighted narrow grip dips - 4 sets x 10/8/6 & bodyweight to failure
*as you can see this session concentrates on using heavier weights with one set to failure in each exercise.

On your second session concentrate on higher reps, more time under tension and big pump/blood flow. Something like this…

Giant set #1: 3 sets x 12-15 reps each
Rope pushdowns
Rope overhead extensions
Close grip push-ups on a bench
*first 1/2 of the set with 2s pause at peak contraction and 5s negative

Giant set #2: 3 sets x 12-15 reps each
Decline dumbbell skullcrushers
Overhead dumbbell extensions
Machine dips
*first 1/2 of the set with 2s pause at peak contraction and 5s negative

Go back and forth between these 2 workouts, you can hit them 2-3 times per week and it should give you a good push to make some improvements.

This weeks deadlift session:

AM
Deadlifts
5 sets x 5 reps @ 80%

Bent over rows - 3 sets x 10-12 reps

Pullovers (cable with grenade attachment) - 3 sets x 12-15 reps

PM
Close grip bench press - 5 sets x 5 reps @ 80%

1 arm landmine press - 3 sets x 12/10/8

1 arm landmine barbell skullcrushers - 3 sets x 12/10/8

Lateral raise (cable) - 3 sets x 12-15 reps

1 arm high rear delt pull (using a high pulley) - 3 sets x 12-15 reps

Hanging leg raises - 3 sets x 12-15 reps

Timed hangs to failure - 3 sets

Interview with Chris Duffin…

Amit had an awesome squat session today. VERY STRONG!! Here’s his video of 685 and 695lbs (3 reps each)

SQUATS
670 x 3
680 x 3
685 x 3
690 x 3
*i ramped up to my working weights by making 90lb jumps each set starting with 135

YOKE BAR PAUSE SQUATS (3 seconds)
470 x 5 (2 sets)
525 x 5
575 x 3 (2 sets)

WEIGHTED GLUTE HAM RAISE
3 sets x 10-12 reps

STATIC YOKE BAR LUNGES
3 sets x 8-10 reps

Felt awesome today and a lot stronger and healthier than I have been in a long time. I had a great week with Chris Duffin in Portland and worked on some breathing techniques, bracing and core stabilization to help with my walkout and overall stability. I am using some new cues that helped me a lot today and I’m feeling very optimistic about my meet in 6 weeks.

Off season 2015!!! Amit may be concentrating on his upcoming powerlifting meet but he’s still training for bodybuilding as well. I’m looking forward to see how he looks on stage this year :slight_smile:

Hi Amit.

I have been seeing your progress for about 3 years now, I remember you squatting over 6 plates on a youtube video and it blew my mind how strong you are.

I think - being an IFBB pro, you should really move from the trenches to the community and make effort into making a interactive Youtube channel, apart from Rich Piana and Kali Muscle, there are not many massive guys on Youtube as bodybuilding tends to make you very introverted but opening up to the masses would make your name huge.

You have good english, talk well on camera, lift insane weights and obviously ridiculous physique so having real videos showing the struggles and talking about gear in a subtl way (“I have gained 10 pounds since my protocol has changed, my coach added a compound that makes me hold water”).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

[quote]aaronpower1994 wrote:
Hi Amit.

I have been seeing your progress for about 3 years now, I remember you squatting over 6 plates on a youtube video and it blew my mind how strong you are.

I think - being an IFBB pro, you should really move from the trenches to the community and make effort into making a interactive Youtube channel, apart from Rich Piana and Kali Muscle, there are not many massive guys on Youtube as bodybuilding tends to make you very introverted but opening up to the masses would make your name huge.

You have good english, talk well on camera, lift insane weights and obviously ridiculous physique so having real videos showing the struggles and talking about gear in a subtl way (“I have gained 10 pounds since my protocol has changed, my coach added a compound that makes me hold water”).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

[/quote]

Hi,

I do have a YouTube channel. English is my second language so I’ll take that as a compliment! For the most part I interact with people here, it’s the best place for anyone to reach me and I also have a coaching forum here where anyone can ask me questions.

I will take your thoughts into consideration and maybe get some different types of videos up to view. If you have anything in particular you’d like to see let me know and I will do my best to get this.

Amit

AM
Bench Press
2 sets x 5 @ 75%
1 set x 4 @80%
2 sets x 3 @ 85%
1 sets x 1 @ 90%
1 set x 1 @ 90%

Overload work with slingshot
1 set x 3 @ 100%
1 set x 3 @ 102%
2 sets x 2 @ 107%
1 set x 3 @ 100%

• I set my training based both by percentages and by the velocity that I’m tracking on my push band. Once my reps slow down below a certain speed then I take it as a sign to back off. I find that gauging your strength by using the bar speed is a very useful tool for my training. I’m very happy with the push band and I would definitely recommend it to any serious lifter.

Close Grip Bench
4 sets x 12/10/6/4

PM
1 arm standing landmine press
3 sets x 12/10/8

1 arm landmine skullcrusher.
3 sets x 12/10/8

Grenade tricep extension
3 sets x 12-15 reps

Rope facepulls
3 sets x 15-20 reps

Incline neutral grip push-ups
3 sets to failure.

1 arm machine lateral raise
3 sets x 12-15

Deadlift/Back Day

Deadlifts
5 sets x 4 reps @ 82%

Bent over barbell rows
3 sets x 12/10/8

Rope rows (low pulley)
3 sets x 12-15

1 arm high rows
3 sets x 12-15

3 sets of hangs to failure

Plate pinches to failure (2 set)

3 sets of hanging leg raises - 15 reps

A few thoughts from today:

RESPECTING THE TIME PROCESS

I hear it all the time… “I want to be a pro! I want to gain muscle! I want to be lean! I want to be the strongest!” This process costs money, it’s hard work, takes dedication and most importantly it takes time!! I work with a lot of clients on body composition goals and the biggest thing is trying to help people understand that it took them time(often years) to reach a high level of body fat so it’s going to take time for them to lose. 12 weeks is a good window to begin the process of a lifestyle change in this timeframe you cannot go from 30% bodyfat to looking like Arnold and you will not add 100 pounds onto your total in one prep… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

TIME is the only thing you can’t cheat on: You can’t buy it, trick it or manipulate it…

The truth is that you get what you put in…1 year of training will give you results but it wont take you to the Olympia stage, this takes time. 3 years of training wont make you break a world record and 12 weeks of dieting wont fix a life time of bad eating habits. It’s about slow and steady progress. 1% every session=100% better in 100 sessions… There is no magic but hard work and consistency even when circumstances are shitty is the key to success.

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

1% every session=100% better in 100 sessions… [/quote]

Math fail…

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

Math fail…[/quote]

Not trying to write math riddles. Just making a simple point that any small improvements are positive.

But that’s a good idea…

If Jane bench presses 50lbs and increases her weight by .5lbs every bench training session, how much will she be able to bench press after 100 bench press sessions?

Here’s a great exercise to try on your next shoulder day.

And this how you can do it as a part of a giant set.

Home gym bodybuilding! This is cool to see you training two goals at a high level frequently with your family in the room. I also appreciated your point about consistency.
What did you notice with the tape? That kind of stuff was just getting popular as my athletic days wound up.
How do you do the landmine skull crusher? I’m picturing something like a floor press?
As always, thanks!

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

Math fail…[/quote]

Not trying to write math riddles. Just making a simple point that any small improvements are positive.

But that’s a good idea…

If Jane bench presses 50lbs and increases her weight by .5lbs every bench training session, how much will she be able to bench press after 100 bench press sessions? [/quote]

I took your comment to mean 1% every day, e.g.100 to 101, 101 to 102.01, etc. If you meant 1% of the first day every time then you were correct…anyway I was just busting your chops…no big deal.

[quote]TrainForPain wrote:
Home gym bodybuilding! This is cool to see you training two goals at a high level frequently with your family in the room. I also appreciated your point about consistency.
What did you notice with the tape? That kind of stuff was just getting popular as my athletic days wound up.
How do you do the landmine skull crusher? I’m picturing something like a floor press?
As always, thanks![/quote]

Thank you. I love my home gym. My sons like to come down and cheer for me when I’m lifting and they both want to squat and deadlift with me (that’s why we have 3lb weights ;))

The skullcrushers are similar to the floor press but I grip the Olympic bar at the very top. I will get a video next time.

I find the tape is very beneficial for me. It gives just enough tension to help ease the discomfort and pain I get in my arms during my pressing days and when I squat. I recently started using the tape for all of my training sessions and I think it helps a lot.

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

Math fail…[/quote]

But that’s a good idea…

If Jane bench presses 50lbs and increases her weight by .5lbs every bench training session, how much will she be able to bench press after 100 bench press sessions? [/quote]

I took your comment to mean 1% every day, e.g.100 to 101, 101 to 102.01, etc. If you meant 1% of the first day every time then you were correct…anyway I was just busting your chops…no big deal.[/quote]

lol, I suppose I could have explained it better and can see how it would be misunderstood. You’re right… No big deal!

Amit’s 5 weeks out from his next meet and he’s making amazing progress and training has been going very well. Here’s a video of his squats from today… 705 x 3 reps & 715 x 2 reps. I’d say it’s a pretty good day when you hit a triple with the weight of your first world record. Good work Amit!!