Biotest

Amit Sapir Log 1


#1
Amit Sapir

Phase 1

Training Schedule

Day Workout
Monday Heavy:&#8195 Legs
Tuesday Heavy:&#8195 Chest / Shoulders
Wednesday Heavy:&#8195 Back
Thursday Pump:&#8195 Arms
Friday Pump:&#8195 Legs
Saturday Pump:&#8195 Chest / Shoulders
Sunday Pump:&#8195 Back

Workout Supplementation

Supplements Amount
Micro-PA™ 12 capsules split in two doses
Indigo-3G® 6 capsules
Plazma™ 8 doses (520 g)
Mag-10® 6 doses (210 g)
Calories 2419
Carbohydrates 365 g
Protein 240 g

Dosing Schedule

Time Supplements Dosing
1:20 Pre-Workout Micro-PA™
Mag-10®
6 capsules
2 doses
0:20 Pre-Workout Indigo-3G®
Plazma™
6 capsules
Preload 2 doses
It's very important to preload as much Plazma as you can (up to 2 doses) without making yourself feel uncomfortable. The preload must occur prior to any exercise, including warming up.
Workout Plazma™ 6 doses
Front-load as much Plazma as you can during the first half of the workout. Again, don't drink too much and make yourself feel uncomfortable. After you hit your comfortable limit, pace yourself so that you finish all your Plazma by the end of the workout.
0:30 Post-Workout Micro-PA™
Mag-10®
6 capsules
2 doses
1:00 Post-Workout Post-Workout Meal
Pre-Bedtime Mag-10® 2 doses
Consume two doses of Mag-10 one hour prior to bedtime.

#2

Quick Update: Since starting the Micro-PA my muscles feel much “fuller” and even though I started dieting about a week ago, I haven’t lost any weight… I have actually gained a pound! As you all know I consume a very large amount of Plazma(8 servings) during my workouts (due to the length and intensity of my workouts, it’s crucial) and since starting the Micro-PA I have noticed that the body is absorbing the nutrients much faster, it’s like my body is “asking for more”! Yesterday I ended up finishing my Plazma before my last 2 exercises and that has NEVER happened before!!!

Here are a few videos…
http://youtu.be/b3hlpR-aBUw (This is a banded dumbbell press from my workout yesterday)
http://youtu.be/asHxzzUMx44 (Rear/Front Delt Superset)

I will be keeping you up to date here with my latest training and contest prep information. If there are any specific exercises you’d like to see, please ask and i’ll do my best to accommodate requests.


#3

Very cool amit. If you could only use either Indigo or micro-PA which would you choose? Has either had any more pronounced or notable benefit for you? I can only really afford one or the other each month. I have been using Indigo and do like it, but have yet to try micro-PA.


#4

What has impressed me the most about Amit is that at the beginning of his career, when he was almost exclusively a strength guy he had a ton of muscle and looked very hard, be he lacked the “3D” look. In this past year I’ve seen that 3D look come out and his muscles look much fuller… it’s almost freightening to think that Micro-PA is making his muscles look even fuller!!!


#5

[quote]Mr. AWEstomy wrote:
Very cool amit. If you could only use either Indigo or micro-PA which would you choose? Has either had any more pronounced or notable benefit for you? I can only really afford one or the other each month. I have been using Indigo and do like it, but have yet to try micro-PA.[/quote]

If you must choose between the two I would have to make the suggestion based on your overall goal. If hypertrophy is your main goal I would suggest the Micro-PA, and if you are dieting and want your body to use the carbs more efficiently then I would use the Indigo. Either way, use the Plazma Intraworkout and you will see it will make a huge difference in intensity, efficiency and duration of each workout.


#6

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
What has impressed me the most about Amit is that at the beginning of his career, when he was almost exclusively a strength guy he had a ton of muscle and looked very hard, be he lacked the “3D” look. In this past year I’ve seen that 3D look come out and his muscles look much fuller… it’s almost freightening to think that Micro-PA is making his muscles look even fuller!!![/quote]

This is the truth! Deep down I’ll always be the strength guy but if I owe one thing to JM, he taught me and is still teaching me to think like a bodybuilder. He’s making me to do all of the exercises that bodybuilders are “supposed” to do, some things that I neglected at the beginning of my bodybuilding career.
You’ll still catch me posting videos of exercises doing 1-3 reps… But what can I say, it’s the Olympic lifter in me!

The most frustrating thing for me with having bigger arms now is that I can’t turn my elbows to do cleans (bodybuilder problems ;))


#7

Man, no rest day, you’re a machine :wink: How long are your workouts and can you maybe detail one of your post workout meals?


#8

Hi Amit, this is a little off topic but I was wondering if you know of any powerlifting/strength training gyms in Tel Aviv? Thanks.


#9

That rear delt superset with machine press is great. I did it this morning after seeing that video you posted. I used bands instead of cable though because it felt better and I don’t have a grenade.

I’d like to see leg videos other than squats (because you’ve posted squat videos before)…leg press, leg extensions, hack squats, etc…of your Challenge Sets, balls-out sets, drop sets, etc, please. Thanks, Amit!


#10

John or Amit,

Was wandering if Amit’s programming was different than “regular” mountain dog because he seems to be taking is SO much Plazma. Was just curious if his Volume was increased or if he runs “regular” mountain dog style workouts.


#11

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Man, no rest day, you’re a machine :wink: How long are your workouts and can you maybe detail one of your post workout meals? [/quote]

My workouts are between 2.5-3 hours, legs being the longest day for obvious reasons. My volume and intensity is a lot higher than most people (built up over years of training) and it allows me to consume a lot of nutrition during the training. I am not a very big eater, it’s much harder to eat solid food so the Plazma and MAG-10 is a blessing for me.

Post workout meal: (30 min post)
6 caps of Micro-PA
3 serving of MAG-10

1 hour after that I eat a regular meal.
100g of carbs from baby rice (baby food digests much better and easier to consume in large amounts)
8oz of white fish (sole, tilapia or cod… Depending on what my wife is making!)


#12

[quote]q90 wrote:
Hi Amit, this is a little off topic but I was wondering if you know of any powerlifting/strength training gyms in Tel Aviv? Thanks.[/quote]

Honestly I haven’t been back there for 4 years, I used to train at Olympic weightlifting gyms, and as far as I know they aren’t open anymore. Maybe try the Tel Aviv University gym, it’s a commercial gym but they do have some decent equipment.


#13

[quote]iDrDan wrote:
That rear delt superset with machine press is great. I did it this morning after seeing that video you posted. I used bands instead of cable though because it felt better and I don’t have a grenade.

I’d like to see leg videos other than squats (because you’ve posted squat videos before)…leg press, leg extensions, hack squats, etc…of your Challenge Sets, balls-out sets, drop sets, etc, please. Thanks, Amit![/quote]

Glad you liked it. If you are able to invest in one or two of the Grenades, you won’t be disappointed…For $25 it’s cheaper than a weekly cheat meal and more beneficial!

I will get new leg videos to post soon! Thanks for the suggestions.


#14

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
John or Amit,

Was wandering if Amit’s programming was different than “regular” mountain dog because he seems to be taking is SO much Plazma. Was just curious if his Volume was increased or if he runs “regular” mountain dog style workouts.[/quote]

I have a modified “mountain dog” training style, it’s a mix of my own training style combined with John’s Mountain Dog training. I will post an article soon to give you something more specific.

Here is an idea of how it goes.
I hit every muscle twice a week, if I’m taking a day off during the week(for treatments or something) then I will do twice a day on another day to compensate.
The heavy workout will start with a compound movement(ex.squat) and continue with movements in the same pattern (ex.hack squats, leg press) and will end with a high rep isolation exercise(leg extension)
The pump workout will start with an isolation movement (ex.lying leg curls) including some kind of drop set or tempo manipulation technique, it continues with a superset or triple set including an intensity technique like iso holds or partials and the workout will end with a compound movement with a lighter weight and higher reps(ex.front squat)
In the heavy workouts, I will put an emphasis on lifting as heavy as I can.
and is mostly straight sets , rep ranges are low. Offseason 1-10, Competition 5-12 . The pump workout is a combination of super sets, drop sets , iso holds and other tempo manipulation techniques in order to push as much blood as possible into the muscle and to get MAXMIAL Pump. both workouts are VERY high volume(18-23 sets per body part).


#15

The Mountain Dog training is an extremely effective method but because of my training and strength background (and my love for heavy lifting) I feel like I needed more volume and to keep my strength and overall thickness I also like to keep low reps in my program.
I have always trained in a 1-5 rep range, it is a base for me because of my Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting background. I believe that heavy lifting can add a lot of thickness to the physique, starting with mastering the basics for a young bodybuilder is crucial to build a foundation.


#16

Thank you very much for that write up Amit, appreciated.


#17

We’ll have Amit’s training program up soon. It’s brutal but intelligently laid out and programmed. Stay tuned…


#18

Thanks for the reply, Amit!

It stood out to me that your pre-workout “meal” is MAG-10 instead of a typical Mountain Dog meal consisting of something like cream of rice (baby rice), almond butter and Metabolic Drive or some other protein. Is this basically because you are “not a very big eater, it’s much harder to eat solid food”?


#19

[quote]iDrDan wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Amit!

It stood out to me that your pre-workout “meal” is MAG-10 instead of a typical Mountain Dog meal consisting of something like cream of rice (baby rice), almond butter and Metabolic Drive or some other protein. Is this basically because you are “not a very big eater, it’s much harder to eat solid food”?[/quote]

It depends how many meals I am getting in before the workout. Usually my first meal of the day is a huge one, about 250g of carbs(baby rice and oats) and 100g of protein. My 2nd meal is a solid meal, either white fish or lean red meat with a bit of MCT oil… I eat this 2-2.5 hours before my workout, and I sip on the MAG-10 on the way to the gym (30-45min before the workout)

I don’t like to eat so I have a tendency to blend a lot of my food. For example, my first meal is made from egg whites, oats and baby rice blended together and I just drink it instead of cooking it. My wife on the other hand eats the same thing(but much smaller obviously) and cooks a pancake out of it. If I did that with mine it would take me about 3 hours to eat instead of 10 minutes. I don’t see any difference with my clients who eat this meal raw or cooked, as long as they are getting all of the food one way or another!


#20

Do you feel like blending the meal allows it to digest and process through you faster?