Biotest

Am I Using Enough Plazma?

So, I’ve been on the fence about asking this because I feel like I may already know the answer, but I figure what the hell, maybe I’m wrong…and, fair warning- I’m going to give you way more info than you need, but I believe in being thorough so there’s no confusion where I’m coming from, why I’m asking, etc.

First off, the Plazma/MAG-10 supplements are a definite stretch of my household budget. I was very skeptical about them when they came out, and the price tag was enough for me to just block them out of my mind. However, after hearing personally from Wendler that they are the real deal (long before he endorsed them publicly here) I decided that I would scrape my pennies and try them. I was pretty fucking amazed.

Being that it was already a stretch, I opted to use minimal dosing. I would use 1 scoop of Plazma 15min prior to w/o, 1 scoop Plazma during, then 2 scoops of MAG-10 about an hour after the w/o, sometimes following with another two scoops an hour later. I decided to try this minimal dosing of Plazma after reading in some threads where people were talking about only using 2 scoops for “arm day” or whatever. My rationale was that 2scoops of Plazma and the MAG-10 was already far better than what I had been doing lately.

The amazing part of the protocol, even at minimum, was how much my next day/doms soreness was diminished. However, after a month or so, I hadn’t really gained weight, hasn’t gotten leaner, etc. Around this same time the Plazma and MAG-10 was on a decent sale, so I figured I would take advantage of the prices and step up to 3 scoops of Plazma. Being 5’9" @210, I can’t justify 4 scoops.

I did the 3 scoops for a week or so, then I began to doubt whether or not I needed it, because my workouts aren’t very high volume most of the time.

For example:

Deadlifts
Bar x10
135x8
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
450x3
500x whatever I have that day, 2-3 currently

3x15 light Good Mornings
Maybe a few sets of shrugs
5-6 sets of abs, maybe ab wheel

DONE

A bench day may have more volume, ex:
Bar x10
95 x8
135x5
170x3
200x3
235x5
270x3
300x7
*maybe a few back-off sets

Pull-ups in between each above set, total volume ~50-60

Barbell rows
135x15
185x12
205x12
185x10
135x20

Barbell Curls
3-5 sets of 10

So, the above are common examples of lower and upper body workouts. My question- FINALLY, is am I doing enough volume to need that 3rd scoop of Plazma? In your opinion, am I holding myself back by only using 2? Am I wasting my money by only using 2?

Sorry it was so long for a simple question, just how I roll.

Thanks for your time!

First, keep in mind that weight loss and weight gain are going to be largely dependent on what else you’re doing with your diet, your training style etc. I mean, people use 2-3 servings of Plazma on fat loss diets and mass diets; it’s the rest of their day that pushes them toward leaning down or gaining, plus the way they train (conditioning work, volume, rest between sets etc.) But I’m sure you know all that.

I personally think that most people are fine with a minimal dosing protocol like a pre-workout hit of Plazma, an intra-workout serving, then a Mag-10 post-workout. That “minimal” is still a massive hit of workout nutrition. Fits the budget well too.

Now, do a Meadows workout WITH Meadows intensity and train over an hour, and that 3rd Plazma may be warranted. The intensity part is where it gets difficult to judge. Two people can do the same training plan and one will be wiped out and the other will be under-trained. Much depends on the effort each is putting forth i.e. leaving blood on the bar vs. phoning it in. I doubt you’re doing the latter though, not with a 500+ pound deadlift!

Not a firm answer, but just some things to consider.

Not a firm answer for some, but I got what I needed out of it. Thanks Chris!