Biotest

Am I to Active for the Velocity Diet?

I really like the sounds of the Velocity diet and the fact that its simple to plan makes it even better. Here is my problem. I am a tri athlete so I do lots of endurance activity. Here is what I do.

Lift Sunday, Monday, Thursday
Run atleast 4 miles Tues night, Weds night and Saturday Long
Bike Tues morning, Wed night and Sunday Long
Swim Monday morning and Thursday morning

My problem is I dont eat well. So what I am looking for is a clean diet to get me started on the path. This seems pretty simple to setup since I dont have to count the calories or plan my meals to start. If you guys think this diet will not work for me because of all the cardio I do please let me know. I need to stay strong during all these workouts. Maybe add more calories on certain days? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote]TJ0214 wrote:
I really like the sounds of the Velocity diet and the fact that its simple to plan makes it even better. Here is my problem. I am a tri athlete so I do lots of endurance activity. Here is what I do.

Lift Sunday, Monday, Thursday
Run atleast 4 miles Tues night, Weds night and Saturday Long
Bike Tues morning, Wed night and Sunday Long
Swim Monday morning and Thursday morning

My problem is I dont eat well. So what I am looking for is a clean diet to get me started on the path. This seems pretty simple to setup since I dont have to count the calories or plan my meals to start. If you guys think this diet will not work for me because of all the cardio I do please let me know. I need to stay strong during all these workouts. Maybe add more calories on certain days? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Unless you can skip the sport training for 28 days, then the V-Diet is not for you. Though truthfully, I’d bet that if you did that you’d come back to the sport training faster and more athletic, even without doing it for 28 days. Fat loss is the ultimate performance booster.

Chris really appreciate the response. Two big questions. Can I tone it down some and still do the diet or this diet needs really no endurance. If so

Can I use some of your principles or supplements to help me acheive my goal more quickly. I am 5’9 180 lbs and would say 18% body fat. I look fit everywhere exept around my waist I have some love handles and a little gut not much. I want to get down to 8 - 11% body fat and lose the love handles. Is there something a person who has more of an endurance workout plan able to do? Any help would be a big help. Im ready to start this asap

[quote]TJ0214 wrote:
Chris really appreciate the response. Two big questions. Can I tone it down some and still do the diet or this diet needs really no endurance. If so

Can I use some of your principles or supplements to help me acheive my goal more quickly. I am 5’9 180 lbs and would say 18% body fat. I look fit everywhere exept around my waist I have some love handles and a little gut not much. I want to get down to 8 - 11% body fat and lose the love handles. Is there something a person who has more of an endurance workout plan able to do? Any help would be a big help. Im ready to start this asap[/quote]

For best results, simply follow the program as written for 28 days, including training plan.

TJ0214- I was in a similar situation. I am a 59 yr old runner who found his wieght at 224,with a large waist area, who lurked on this board. The velocity diet is intriguing.
But 28 days without running? ANFW! But still I was interested. Another big problem
was using Biotest products, especially Metabolic Drive protein shake. I like protein shakes, but they have to taste good.
So I ordered two containers to test MD.
I loved them.

So I started the “lite” version of the diet.
Using three shakes to replace meals and having two meals-clean- a day. Usually chicken with a large salad. I used the other Biotest products; Flameout, HOT-ROX,
Superfood and Alpha Male plus a generic multi
min/vit. The results were better than I expeccted. In three weeks I lost 16 pds.
and three inches from my waist.

My training was running three/four times a week and weight training three times a week,
Total milage 20 to 30 miles a week.

If you follow this make sure you use Surge Recovery (Biotest) daily to fuel your endurance activity.