Biotest

Am I Missing Something Or Is It This Expensive?

Well I have been doing tons of research for the V-Diet and I am so excited to try it even though I knew it was going to be expensive (I assumed 400 max) but wow… In the store here it comes out to ~800 dollars for everything.

Does everyone buy there products from the online store at T-Nation (coupon or something) or do you guys purchase them somewhere else? I am thinking I must be doing something wrong since so many people have been doing the V-Diet and I cant imagine everyone forking out that much cash.

Actually I was doing the math myself and it came out to be roughly that much as well. This is a question I had but was too afraid to ask. I know that it is totally taking over as far as food goes but man that is a pretty penny. And the money is not a problem but some people cannot afford to dish out that much money sometimes. But hey who knows I may be doing the math wrong also lol. If not I guess we will have to suck it up, either do it or don’t. Peace.

I’m sure Biotest appreciates your business.

[quote]wecndo wrote:
I’m sure Biotest appreciates your business.[/quote]

I think this is a reasonable question I am asking and I appreciate your comment…

I paid about $1500NZ and used Biotest products.

Well with only

2 HOT-ROX Extreme

2 Surge Recovery

2 Flameout

12 Low-Carb Metabolic Drive

it comes out to a little over 600. That is at least more bearable and will I still get the same good weight loss with only these 4 products and no BCAA,TRIBEX Gold, Superfood, Creatine,ZMA,Caffeine-free Spike, and REZ-V?

Yeah it does look expensive, but work out how much your not going to be spending during that period, including alcohol you would consume and it puts it in a better perspective

You should be just fine without those other things. Might consider taking a multivitamin though if you don’t eat Superfood.

[quote]allenkt wrote:
You should be just fine without those other things. Might consider taking a multivitamin though if you don’t eat Superfood.[/quote]

Sounds good, if I can get another opinion like this then I will probably buy half right now then then another half when I can afford it.

Most of those other supplements you listed are recent additions. BCAA may or may not be needed, it’s more of an insurance thing. TRIBEX possibly only if you are in your mid-30’s or beyond.

Superfood would be nice but add a decent multi and you’ll be fine. Creatine is a new addition and only recommended if you’ve already been taking it. ZMA isn’t really needed unless it’s something you’ve also been taking and like (note that is why Chris tells Gus to take it).

Spike is just a stimulant that might help in the gym but certainly not needed. I have some caffeine-free Spike but don’t use it. And Rez-V is also something new and is good to take pretty much all the time but not a deal breaker for the v-diet at all.

And yeah, both times I’ve done this diet I bought half up front and then the rest half-way into it (or a few days before to account for shipping).

You of course risk a product being out of stock that way though so you might want to order all of your Flameout up front since it seems to run out frequently. Should be fine with the rest (pretty unlikely they will run out of Surge and MD since there are multiple flavors).

Good luck and make sure you keep a log so we can follow along :slight_smile:

So besides the main 4 things all I would need extra would be flax seeds, a multivitamin, some kind of fiber, and natural peanut butter?

Yep. Get some milled flaxseeds (also called flaxseed meal) and Fiber Choice and then some PB that only contains peanuts and salt. You should be able to find Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal in the “healthy” section of almost any grocery store.

Well I just ordered a little under half of what I need for the full workout. Hopefully I can get some more cash soon and nothing is backordered when I order again.

Now this is just getting off topic, but on the store page does it say if it is backordered or do I just have to hope its not and it ships tomorrow?

It will give the status in a few places. When you look on the store page it will tell you if it’s on backorder. Also when you place the order it will tell you if it’s in stock or not.

[quote]allenkt wrote:
It will give the status in a few places. When you look on the store page it will tell you if it’s on backorder. Also when you place the order it will tell you if it’s in stock or not.[/quote]

Awesome thanks for all your help. My stuff shipped today now I am excited :slight_smile:

Good deal :slight_smile: Look forward to following your progress. Also note that Chris posted a new sticky today talking about the supplements you really need and it looks like you’re right on track.

closed #17

closed #18

closed #19