Biotest

Am I Eating Enough Pre-Workout?

Hi Chris,

I usually train first thing in the morning (5 AM). I usually only take one scoop pre workout and two intra. I’m following Meadows’ reactive pump, and so far no problems at all. I am however worried that I’m not eating enough pre workout. What do you think of drinking 2 scoops of MAG-10 about 30 mins before? I know a FINiBAR would be ideal, but that’d have to wait until I’m stateside again.

Are you using <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma or do you mean you’re just using <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 right now? If it’s just Mag-10, then yes, a couple of servings pre-workout is great. A lot of our bigger guys actually double dose all their Mag-10 pulses. Now, Plazma would be ideal for pre-workout and if I were training first thing in the AM, I’d double dose the pre-load as well, especially for a brutal Meadows workout!

Forgive me Chris, English isn’t my first language. I meant I preload one serving of plazma (on an empty stomach) and indigo,then take two servings plazma intra and follow it up with 3 scoops MAG-10. Is that one serving of plazma pre workout sufficient? I’ve noticed no performance issues so far, but I can’t help but wonder if I could be better served by adding a scoop or two of MAG-10 in addition to the plazma

Gotcha, I understand now. I’d suggest experimenting. 2 servings of Plazma pre-training, 1 during, same Mag-10 you’re doing now. See if you notice a difference with switching around the timing a little, but still using the same total amount. Being fasted, I think the 2 servings of Plazma pre may be better, fuel up faster and better for the workout, but let me know. But you don’t need to mix Mag-10 into Plazma. The formulas are very precise. Better to use an extra serving of Plazma pre and save the Mag-10 for post or between meal pulsing.

Thanks Chris. I tried it this morning and I definitely felt the difference. I felt invincible after today’s deadlift challenge set which usually leaves feeling like I’m in the throes of death. I really appreciate your prompt responses and willingness to help. Thanks so much!

I also Train more or less fasted, first thing in the morning and it’s a difficult thing. I get up at 5, choke down about 500ml of water (rehydration) and Indigo 3G a few minutes later. A good strong coffee in the car on the way to the gym and my pre-load of Plazma at about 0545, with Training starting at 6. That’s about all I can force into my stomach that early and in a one hour period…

[quote]dearmaa wrote:
Thanks Chris. I tried it this morning and I definitely felt the difference. I felt invincible after today’s deadlift challenge set which usually leaves feeling like I’m in the throes of death. I really appreciate your prompt responses and willingness to help. Thanks so much![/quote]

Glad to hear!

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
I also Train more or less fasted, first thing in the morning and it’s a difficult thing. I get up at 5, choke down about 500ml of water (rehydration) and Indigo 3G a few minutes later. A good strong coffee in the car on the way to the gym and my pre-load of Plazma at about 0545, with Training starting at 6. That’s about all I can force into my stomach that early and in a one hour period…[/quote]

I would say you “drink like a girl” but my wife kills 2000ml per workout, usually having to refill with water after the Plazma is gone. :slight_smile: Early mornings are weird for the stomach though. I usually don’t like solid foods first thing in the AM. Mag-10 and coffee only for an hour at least.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
I also Train more or less fasted, first thing in the morning and it’s a difficult thing. I get up at 5, choke down about 500ml of water (rehydration) and Indigo 3G a few minutes later. A good strong coffee in the car on the way to the gym and my pre-load of Plazma at about 0545, with Training starting at 6. That’s about all I can force into my stomach that early and in a one hour period…[/quote]

I would say you “drink like a girl” but my wife kills 2000ml per workout, usually having to refill with water after the Plazma is gone. :slight_smile: Early mornings are weird for the stomach though. I usually don’t like solid foods first thing in the AM. MAG-10 and coffee only for an hour at least. [/quote]

Hahaha, fair enough :slight_smile: I consume a lot of liquids during/after Training also, and over the course of the day, but yes it’s an early morning thing. The 1300ml or so I consume between 5 and 6 am is all I want without feeling bloated and lethargic, which negatively impacts the Training.