Biotest

Am I Eating Enough Carbs for Indigo-3G?

I know it says strive for a minimum of 300g, I didn’t know if that was the same guy or girl. Also I want to make sure I am not overdoing carbs but ensuring that I am using them properly with Indigo-3G. Also I’m 5’5, 154lbs, and I lift 5 days a week. My goals are strength and performance while keeping BF down [faster when lighter]. Workout days I try to achieve appx 2000 cals//160g of protein; Rest days- 1700cals//160g protein.

I order the Plazma stack so I am awaiting for its arrival to help me take the guesswork out of peri-workout nutrition but in the meantime, am I on target here? Should I just keep carbs high around the morning when I workout and back off the rest of the day? How can I improve this?

Workout day:
0430- wakeup, pop Indigo-3G
0500- pre-workout meal/breakfast P-33g, C-69g, F-6g; cals: 450
0645- gym
0800- PWO P-23g, C-33g; cals: 228
1100- pop Indigo-3G
1130- P-50g, C-75g, F- 9g; cals: 791
1500- P-21g, C-6g, F-2g; cals: 129
1800- metabolic cardio // 30mins
1930- P-30, C-62g, F-14; cals: 541

Total for today: P-195, C-263, F-43; cals: 2149 cals

With <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G, it’s all about finding your own carb sweet spot combined with getting those carbs from the right sources at the right time. We’ve seen people eating 200g carbs per day and some eating 700 or more. 300g is a good place to start for everyone.

Using <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma is a good choice, because the most important time for carbs is around the workout, and it of course contains the optimal carbs in the right delivery system.

You don’t have to go “low carb” at other times of the day though. Most Indigo-3G users have carbs at every meal. Where are your solid food carbs coming from? Here are some of our recommendations: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
With <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G, it’s all about finding your own carb sweet spot combined with getting those carbs from the right sources at the right time. We’ve seen people eating 200g carbs per day and some eating 700 or more. 300g is a good place to start for everyone.

Using <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma is a good choice, because the most important time for carbs is around the workout, and it of course contains the optimal carbs in the right delivery system.

You don’t have to go “low carb” at other times of the day though. Most Indigo-3G users have carbs at every meal. Where are your solid food carbs coming from? Here are some of our recommendations: <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

[/quote]

Oatmeal, white rice, sweet potatoes, green veggies

All good choices!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
All good choices! [/quote]

This is random but I questioned it since it was “Taco Tuesday” [[watched everyone else partake in the fiesta while I had chicken, rice, and green veggies]] Are tortilla chips an acceptable carb?

Not standard ones. Chips = fried flour. Bad fats. Bad carbs. Lots of extra junk too.

But you can use non-fried corn tortillas (soft, made only from corn, salt, and lime usually). You can bake those yourself and it’s a better choice. Maybe not perfect, but not bad occasionally.

A buddy of mine wanted to start lifting with me but she could only do evenings so this has kinda thrown off my nutritional scheduling on workout days. If I am doing conditioning in the morning and weights in the evening, how should I time Indigo-3G / Plazma / MAG-10? Should I do Indigo-3G in the AM and then before my PM workout or keep it at lunch time then PM workout?

Workout day:
0515- wakeup, pop Indigo-3G, scoop of MAG-10? <----- do I take both supps at the same time?
0630- metabolic conditioning to include either sprints//Tabata workouts//swimming, each one would be appx 45 mins
0830- PWO meal/breakfast P-33g, C-69g, F-6g; cals: 450
1130- Lunch: P-50g, C-75g, F- 9g; cals: 791
1600- pop Indigo-3G, pre-load Plazma 500ml
1700- strength training, 1.5hrs; 500ml of Plazma
1845- scoop of MAG-10
1930- PWO meal, P-30, C-62g, F-14; cals: 541

Please let me know if I need to add anything or take something away.

You want to keep about 6 hours between Indigo-3G doses. One dose is “in you” for at least that long so you don’t want to overlap, so to speak. So your early morning and pre-PM training dosing schedule look fine.

And yes, you can take Mag-10 and Indigo-3G at the same time if that best fits your schedule. It won’t interfere.

In the morning if I am doing conditioning work with the goal of fat loss, do I take one or two scoops of MAG-10?

[quote]jessthebest wrote:
In the morning if I am doing conditioning work with the goal of fat loss, do I take one or two scoops of MAG-10? [/quote]

For short sessions, 1 serving will do the trick. For the longer sessions, we’d suggest 2.

For example, you mentioned Tabata. That would be a short session if you’re doing it correctly.

[quote]jessthebest wrote:
A buddy of mine wanted to start lifting with me but she could only do evenings so this has kinda thrown off my nutritional scheduling on workout days. If I am doing conditioning in the morning and weights in the evening, how should I time Indigo-3G / Plazma / MAG-10? Should I do Indigo-3G in the AM and then before my PM workout or keep it at lunch time then PM workout?

Workout day:
0515- wakeup, pop Indigo-3G, scoop of MAG-10? <----- do I take both supps at the same time?
0630- metabolic conditioning to include either sprints//Tabata workouts//swimming, each one would be appx 45 mins
0830- PWO meal/breakfast P-33g, C-69g, F-6g; cals: 450
1130- Lunch: P-50g, C-75g, F- 9g; cals: 791
1600- pop Indigo-3G, pre-load Plazma 500ml
1700- strength training, 1.5hrs; 500ml of Plazma
1845- scoop of MAG-10
1930- PWO meal, P-30, C-62g, F-14; cals: 541

Please let me know if I need to add anything or take something away.
[/quote]

CS— you’ve been great with answering all of my questions, I do have a lot of them lol so I appreciate your insight.

Before my strength training I’m pre-loading 500ml of Plazma then doing 2 pulses of 500ml during my workout but I feel like that’s too much. Would I be fine doing a pre-load and then 500ml during? How come its optimal to do 1000ml? One hour after training I will have 2 scoops [1 serving] of MAG-10. Does it just depend on the person and their workout?

A typical workout runs between 1-1.5 hours and would look like this:

1. Barbell bench press w/ 2 sec pause at bottom: 5x155lbs, 5x160lbs, 5x160lbs
  2. Incline db bench press: 6x45lbs, 6x50lbs, 6x50lbs
  3. Db deadstop row: 4@6/arm w/ 65lbs
  4. Wide grip leaning lat pulldown: 6x115lbs, 6x130lbs, 6x145lbs

4 min AMRAP utilizing perfect form = 4 rounds

Weighted chin-ups x2, held 10lb db between feet
Pushups x5
Curl-ups x8
Close Neutral grip cable row x6, 75lbs

Yes, two servings of Plazma, one pre-loaded and one during, would be plenty for you. This can vary on the person and the workout. We have some smaller females only doing a pre-load serving of Plazma then a hit of Mag-10 after weight training. On the other hand, some professional male bodybuilders and athletes are having 4 servings of Plazma.

The workout itself matters too: length, intensity, exercise choice, volume, etc. We assume all Plazma using are kicking butt though, otherwise they probably wouldn’t be concerned about optimal progress and recovery.

Your workout in pretty intense, but two servings of Plazma will do the trick.

Stick to 500ml of water for each servings of Plazma. Too little fluid and it may not absorb correctly. More water is fine though; the directions are just minimums.

Hope this helps!