Biotest

Alternative to the Butters?

I know 100% compliance is the best on the V-Diet, HOWEVER…

I have real issues with self control with peanut butter, cashew butter, any nut butter… I could eat a whole jar in one sitting!

So I would love to use this diet to get over that addiction as well.

Can I use another type of less decadent fat to get the 210 calories?

Cheers yall

[quote]Barbellina wrote:
I know 100% compliance is the best on the Vdiet, HOWEVER…

I have real issues with self control with peanut butter, cashew butter, any nut butter… I could eat a whole jar in one sitting!

So I would love to use this diet to get over that addiction as well.

Can I use another type of less decadent fat to get the 210 calories?

Cheers yall[/quote]

How about you just get tough, cowboy up, and beat your self-control issue?

Come on, get pissed and make a change. Don’t do a “work around.” Take control!

For the butters, all you need to do is measure or weigh it out properly (no guessing on serving size), then put the jar away out of sight.

One last note/kick-in-the-pants: You used the word “however.” That’s another way of saying “BUT.” And that means you need to read this:

So, I’m calling you out on this one. I refuse to believe that peanut butter is stronger than YOU!

I have to say, Chris, that after writing that article, you’re being much more polite :slight_smile:

But, I mean, please – add two tablespoons to your shake, and close the damn jar. It’s not that hard.

And, if you’re like the rest of us, get a little thrill by licking the spoon (no cheats globbing things on – it’s just a taste)

Course, with your addiction, you may want to stay away for spoon licking for a while.

As an alternative, you could try a different nut butter. Almond butter tastes nothing like peanutbutter. Cashew butter tastes great, but it’s not as oily . . . which may be against the plan – either way, it’s easier to avoid temptation with.

Many health food stores will let you grind your own nut butter. I do that, looking at the calories per 2tbsp, making sure they’re 200. (I think cashew butter was the outsider, coming in at 200kcal for 1/4 cup – but that could have been a misprint.

Right well I will have to get out my thesaurus to find other words for ‘but’ then seeing as though you have taken away my ‘however’ :slight_smile:

Incase anyone else can find this suggestion useful, what I am going to do is measure out all my portions on plastic spoons and freeze in bags so there is nothing left in the jar, and just pull out a serving a day.

Don’t worry I am pissed off… I am just removing all chances of failure!

I think if this is an issue, I’d be predicting failure straight up. I find the hunger in teh first few days harder than any PB craving, or ice cream, or whatever else.

If your experience is anything like mine after a week you’ll tend to not even think about food and just be into the schedule. By week three it’s smooth sailing.

In reality calories are so low and exercise up there, a couple extra spoons of PB ain’t gonna matter. However as with everything don’t you wanna get to the end and say, yeah I did that shit properly? I always have said if you walk one step in a marathon, you didn’t run it. Same with the V-Diet I reckon, it’s a bit of a badge of honor in my book :slight_smile:

I had no hunger cravings at all. Seriously. I don’t know if it was the HOT-ROX, or my anger at my girth. In fact, I never felt hungry at all till around the third week.

I did miss food though. And, it caused quite a bit of introspection. I wrote something on it, “Eating for the sake of Eating”, which Chris quickly slammed. But, I was serious (and I think Chris missed my point)

My point was that I don’t think I’ve ever eaten because I was hungry. (Well – obviously, sometimes I’m hungry). I have been eating because I like to eat. And, that has not really changed. So – on this diet, I miss eating, but it is not because I’m hungry.

So, take that for whatever it’s worth. Since you’re taking HOT-ROX, and, since you are getting plenty of calories in the shakes, examine that hunger. Are you really hungry, or do you just want to eat? If the latter, learn to recognize it. If you are like me, that is your lard, waiting to jump back on your belly. Know thy enemy.