Biotest

Alpha Male Dosage and Timing

I am just starting use of Alpha Male. I am a 48 year old male, training 4-6 days per week fairly hard and running into recovery issues and nagging soreness/injuries. I am using Plazma and MAG-10 along with Indigo 3G. Very good results with that combination.

My questions:

Bottle says to take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 additional tablets 6-8 hours later on an empty stomach. Morning is not an issue. Unfortunately 6-8 hours later is about the time I begin training and take my Plazma and MAG-10 (per their instructions). Can I take Alpha Male at that time or should my stomach be “completely empty”?

Do I need to modify my diet to take advantage of Alpha Male? I eat 2600-2700 calories on non-training days and approx 3200 on training days. About 85% clean and lean, macros: CARBS = 300g FAT = 75g PRO = 245. The increase in calories is almost all carbs on training days.

Thanks,

Rich

No problem, you can take <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/alpha-male"target=“new”>Alpha Male with things like Plazma and Mag-10 if needed.

Diet looks fine, but I always recommend modifying as needed about every two weeks, especially when using Indigo-3G since it really changes how your body handles food/carbs. Be sure some of that fat is saturated (yolks, coconut oil, red meat) to support testosterone.

Thanks and I love red meat and coconut oil so that works for me!

Chris,

You raise an issue I had not thought of…how should I modify my diet (if at all) to maximize the benefit from the Alpha Male? I am currently following the Reactive Pump diet for the most part.

Thanks again.

That’s a fine diet plan. No need to modify the diet any differently for Alpha Male, it’ll do its thing regardless, so just eat for your goals.

[quote]Rich_Schulze wrote:
I am just starting use of Alpha Male. I am a 48 year old male, training 4-6 days per week fairly hard and running into recovery issues and nagging soreness/injuries. I am using Plazma and MAG-10 along with Indigo 3G. Very good results with that combination.[/quote]

41 years old here and definitely don’t recover like I did 20 years ago. In addition to Plazma/MAG-10, I’ve had very good luck with creatine (helps significantly with DOMS) and Fish Oil (makes my joints feel better).