Biotest

Alpha Male at 25 Yrs Old?

Im 25, in a slump with my training and diet. Im not losing fat and building muscle even though my training is on point as is my diet and conditioning. Was thinking of giving Alpha Male a try. Thoughts? Would it be safe for a 25yo?

Yes, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/alpha-male"target=“new”>Alpha Male would be safe. But first make sure everything else is taken care of before assuming it’s a T level issue.

You didn’t provide details, but we can’t tell you how many times we’ve heard “I train hard and eat right” and it turns out the person is a vegan training two pairs of light dumbbells in his garage. Now, that may not be you, and probably isn’t, but it’s worth posting your plan and issue in the bodybuilding forum and letting others take a look at it.

You could be missing something else and need to budget your supplement dollar toward protein, or Indigo-3G if it’s a nutrient uptake issue, or workout nutrition. In fact, if you’re not using quality workout nutrition (Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel, Mag-10 etc.) then that could be the problem right there, not low testosterone. Just some things to think about.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Yes, <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/Alpha Male"target=“new”>Alpha Male would be safe. But first make sure everything else is taken care of before assuming it’s a T level issue.

You didn’t provide details, but we can’t tell you how many times we’ve heard “I train hard and eat right” and it turns out the person is a vegan training two pairs of light dumbbells in his garage. Now, that may not be you, and probably isn’t, but it’s worth posting your plan and issue in the bodybuilding forum and letting others take a look at it.

You could be missing something else and need to budget your supplement dollar toward protein, or Indigo-3G if it’s a nutrient uptake issue, or workout nutrition. In fact, if you’re not using quality workout nutrition (Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel, MAG-10 etc.) then that could be the problem right there, not low testosterone. Just some things to think about. [/quote]

Thanks for the insifht and answet. Well I train 531 with 2 days prolwer and 2 days farmers walks for conditioning. I use surge workout fuel and recovery and have on average 2 or 3 shakes with Metabolic Drive per day. I get in around 250g protein 160g carbs and 100g good fat per day. I was progressing nicely until about 8 months ago. I simplified my training cut out most assistance work amd focused on the basics but nothing has really changed. Juat looking for a jump start or a new edge really

Sounds like you’re on the right track then, with maybe carbs a little on the low side for muscle gains. If you’re really worried about T levels, get a test. If you’re in the medically normal range but on the low side, Alpha Male would certainly kick things off. You may also want to look into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/carbolin-19"target=“new”>Carbolin 19 as a stand-alone. Info in this article if you missed it: http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin So you could cycle Alpha Male or stay on Carbolin-19 for an extended period. Both sound like good choices for you.

And if you have to keep carbs lowish to stay lean, look into Indigo-3G. I was able to go from 100-150g of carbs per day to 300-400 with no fat gain and of course much easier muscle gains.

Lol I actually ordered both Alpha Male and Carbolin 19. Along with some creatine malate and Metabolic Drive. I was looking into indigo 3g and may order some in the future. I definitely need to stay low caeb to be lean. thanks for all the advice

[quote]jkt123 wrote:
Lol I actually ordered both Alpha Male and Carbolin 19. Along with some creatine malate and Metabolic Drive. I was looking into indigo 3g and may order some in the future. I definitely need to stay low caeb to be lean. thanks for all the advice[/quote]

I thought the same thing about carbs until I got deeper into Indigo 3g. It makes a pretty stunning difference. Under 100g of carbs used to keep me maintaining for BF% and now I could have about 250-300g of good carbs in a day, and I stay as lean, while gaining.