Biotest

Almond Flour Bread

Weird. I eat bread on a regular basis. Like every day. That must mean that I’m not lean, muscular, athletic, and healthy. This is what I have to say to that. A picture of me being none of those things…

[quote]Reid23 wrote:
wow…that is a lot to take in… my brain is stuck on the pickled grapes :slight_smile:

so, regarding this cake- definitely making that. i made cupcakes a couple weeks ago for part of an hsm on my husband’s b-day. the recipe was from elanaspantry.com (coconut cupcakes w/ key lime icing) and turned out great. I used a combo of almond & coconut flour and replaced the agave nectar w/ splenda. i made the key lime icing w/ lime zest, a little cream & splenda. the icing had a good taste but was like a cool whip texture. so this weekend I’m planning on making cupcakes w/ a small amount of cream cheese based icing. i think i can get away with fat free cream cheese, splenda & some vanilla extract. I’m gonna try making the cake part with the almond bread recipe and doctor it up a little bit like the chocolate version above. we’ll see how it goes…

[/quote]

Wow, looks great!

Coconut flour is tougher to work with. I need to experiment with it a bit more myself.

[quote]dragns wrote:
Weird. I eat bread on a regular basis. Like every day. That must mean that I’m not lean, muscular, athletic, and healthy. This is what I have to say to that. A picture of me being none of those things…

[/quote]

1. you got pierced nipples, obviously your brain senses you’ve eaten something bad for you and since you can’t figure out you’ve done that you probably black out and puke it up.

2. This forum is for Velocity Life, it’s about being healthy and staying healthy. Most of the people that are going to be active in this forum are FFB’s and people who are able to read someone’s advice/articles and take from it what we need and move on.

Please don’t troll our forums.

[quote]dragns wrote:

[/quote]

Wow, somebody got their bread eatin panties in a wad.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Wow, looks great!

Coconut flour is tougher to work with. I need to experiment with it a bit more myself. [/quote]

Yeah, that’s why I decided to substitute some almond flour. I really like the high fiber content though. I have some other coconut flour recipes I’m gonna try at some point so I’ll post them if they’re any good.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]dragns wrote:

[/quote]

1. Since this whole sentence didn’t make a lick of sense, I’m just going to remove it.

2. This forum is for Velocity Life, it’s about being healthy and staying healthy. Most of the people that are going to be active in this forum are orthorexic.

Please don’t inject sense into our forums.[/quote]

FYP

can this be made to be like a bun for a chicken sammich?

[quote]texis300 wrote:
can this be made to be like a bun for a chicken sammich?[/quote]

It’s not very bun-like, sorry. Not sure how to make it that way.

I made this over the weekend. Mine didn’t rise much either, but it’s quite tasty!

I used about 1/3 of the loaf in 3 lbs of lean ground beef for this recipe, and it turned out very well:
http://www.realage.com/recipefinder/blueberry-beef-burgers-recipe-5896?click=recipe_sr

I was shocked to discover that the high-end brand Dijon mustard adds sugar and the Worchestershire sauce contains HCFS. Since even non-HCFS W-sauce contains sugar (molasses),I think next time I’ll try subbing low-sodium soy sauce and a bit of sucralose and see if I like it.

[quote]texis300 wrote:
can this be made to be like a bun for a chicken sammich?[/quote]

i made some hamburger rolls with the flax bread recipe a while ago. Just use the almond bread recipe and instead of putting the “dough” in a loaf pan, spoon it onto a non-stick cookie sheet the same way you would with cookie dough. Make each portion a little smaller than the actual size of the roll you want b/c it’ll probably expand about an inch or so. The ones I made didn’t rise a lot but I was still able to slice them through the middle and they worked really well for some volumized burgers!

Poppy seed variation. Don’t get drug tested!

Wifey and I made tuna fish sandwiches with this batch.

One more poppy-seed bread pic.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Poppy seed variation. Don’t get drug tested!

Wifey and I made tuna fish sandwiches with this batch. [/quote]

You know what’s wrong with that picture? It ain’t at my house! Fantastic looking loaf.

Made this again and added 1/2 cup of sparkling mineral water and baked with a pie pan filled with water on the bottom oven rack. It rose very well and turned out so moist . . . just a little on the pale side, though, so next time I’ll leave it in a bit longer.

The fat woman at work is going on and on about zucchini bread she made. I want to just print out this whole thread and put it on her desk.

i read on ze internet that ,for every egg you want to substitute you can use either 2 1/2 of ground flaxseeds with 3tbsp of water or one small medium banana and egg.

Good if you wan to drop the calories even more and the banana would give it a sweet taste!

[quote]duodie wrote:
i read on ze internet that ,for every egg you want to substitute you can use either 2 1/2 of ground flaxseeds with 3tbsp of water or one small medium banana and egg.

Good if you wan to drop the calories even more and the banana would give it a sweet taste! [/quote]

If I were really watching the carbs, I’d much rather have the extra egg than a banana. I think that tip was left over from the “all dietary fat is bad” era. But if you want to drop calories and volumize, try two egg whites for every whole egg. It’s not that the fat in eggs is bad, but this can lower calories if you need that. Works well for most baking applications.

Latest variation: pumpkin seed. Seen here with tuna and radish salad.

Hey, Chris! What about quinoa? It’s a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It’s a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, or grain – it’s not a member of the grass family – closely related to species such as beets, spinach, and tumbleweeds. It supposedly can be use as flour for wheat-free baking and is high in protein. Ever tried baking with it? I may give it a go myself.

[quote]badbrass wrote:
Hey, Chris! What about quinoa? It’s a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It’s a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, or grain – it’s not a member of the grass family – closely related to species such as beets, spinach, and tumbleweeds. It supposedly can be use as flour for wheat-free baking and is high in protein. Ever tried baking with it? I may give it a go myself.[/quote]

I’ve eaten it as an oatmeal or rice replacement. See my recipe called “Inca Warrior Breakfast” at T-Nation. I’m not too crazy about it though, but never tried it for baking. Hard to try something different now that I’ve found something as perfect as almond flour.

But if you give it a shot, let us know how it worked out!