Biotest

Alli's Super-Dooper V-Diet Log!

Hi everyone, I am starting the V-Diet tomorrow (May 8th), got all of my stuff yesterday and today. I live in the UK and Biotest Supplements are sooooo expensive over here, but I figure if I’m going to do this, I want to do it properly and get the best results I can.

I’m nervously excited about the V-Diet, nervous because I’ve never done anything like this before and excited for the same reason! Crazy, huh?! But I’ve been following some other logs on this forum and I’m more confident about this. :slight_smile:

At the moment I live with my mum and none of my friends live in my town so I have to travel to see them. My mum is really unsupportive about me doing this and so are all of her friends who claim to know a lot about losing weight (despite the fact that they are overweight and maybe dabbled with slim fast once or twice before. Yeah, so they’re “experts”…). So I apologise in advance if most of this log is me rambling on about random things while trying to fight any cravings, feel free to add your ramblings!

I have a personal trainer, Kevin, who has helped me lose 20kg already, so I’m pretty sure I will be giving way more than 100% in workouts. I want to be a powerlifter, I just completed a strength phase and tested my 1RMs (100kg squat, 55kg bench press, 110kg deadlift). Doing the v-diet to lose some fat before going back to powerlifting. My aim is to eventually compete in a lower weight class than the one I fit into now!

I am also doing the V-Diet to regain control of my cravings.

So here are my starting stats:
I’m 173cm tall
Neck: 13"
Shoulders: 42"
Chest - upper: 38"
Chest - lower: 35"
Waist - at navel: 35" (this is the largest point, but at narrowest I measure 31")
Hips - largest: 38"
Upper arm L: 13"
Upper arm R: 13"
Upper leg L: 24"
Upper leg R: 24"
Lower leg L: 15"
Lower leg R: 15"
Ankle L: 9"
Ankle R: 9"

Don’t know my weight or bodyfat right now, Kevin will measure them tomorrow for me.
I’m going to attach pictures of me, I’m so ashamed of how I look (ugh!)but I guess that makes me want to change even more!

~ Looking forward to my journey, Alli

side

back - :frowning:

Welcome aboard Ali! You will do great. Especially with the muscle/strength base you are starting with…just kick those toxic people to the curb and show them how winners do it…

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
My aim is to eventually compete in a lower weight class than the one I fit into now!
[/quote]

and by the way, a random side note…anybody that correctly uses “than” vs. “then” is ok in my book! Never understood why some people have such a hard time with those two, but it drives me nuts reading peoples’ posts on these forums.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
and by the way, a random side note…anybody that correctly uses “than” vs. “then” is ok in my book! Never understood why some people have such a hard time with those two, but it drives me nuts reading peoples’ posts on these forums.[/quote]

Thanks, VTBalla34!
Everyone (and I stress: EVERYONE) in my family teaches English. I am not allowed to use bad grammar, it’s worse than swearing in this house!

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
VTBalla34 wrote:
and by the way, a random side note…anybody that correctly uses “than” vs. “then” is ok in my book! Never understood why some people have such a hard time with those two, but it drives me nuts reading peoples’ posts on these forums.

Thanks, VTBalla34!
Everyone (and I stress: EVERYONE) in my family teaches English. I am not allowed to use bad grammar, it’s worse than swearing in this house![/quote]

Duly noted. I guess I’m gonna have to cut out my overuse of ellipses on your thread then!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Duly noted. I guess I’m gonna have to cut out my overuse of ellipses on your thread then![/quote]

Oh… I think they’re useful…
For when you need to pause for dramatic effect…
Lol!

I feel like a school kid, revising the forums for all the tips I can find on the V-Diet ready to start!

Sounds like you are very motivated. That is half the battle. I would imagine that the extra money it costs for the supplies will help to keep you on the straight and narrow!

Good luck, stay strong and determined.

Welcome aboard!

Okay, so my weight is 80.1kg (176.22 lbs) and my body fat % is 18%
The weight shocked me a little, I was 77.3kg (170.1 lbs) 6 weeks ago, but still at 18% body fat, so I’m happy that my weight gain was muscle not fat.

Did my first weight workout this lunchtime, I’m doing the intermediate level:
Front Squats (never, ever done these before!!): 60kg (132lbs) 5/5/5/5
Lat Pulldowns (underhand): 100kg (220lbs) 5/7/5/3
Dumbbell Bench Press (each side: 22kg - 48.4 lbs): 4/3/3/2/3/2/2/1
Ab-wheel rollout: 5/4/3/3/3/2

It was really intense but I felt like I had achieved something when I had finished the workout. I will go heavier on the front squats and lat pulldowns next week.

I’ve had meal one and my workout nutrition, I was a little bit unsure of the morning shake becuase I’d read lots of posts on the forum about people who felt sick when they drank the shakes but I think that they taste ok. They taste a lot better than some of the protein shakes we have here in the UK!

Not to badly affected by the HOT-ROX as I thought I would be although I was a little bit hyperactive earlier and couldn’t stop smiling!

Got in my walk earlier, put my ipod on shuffle and just went with it. I’m almost at the end of day one, it’s gone quite well (compared to how I thought it would go), and I feel confident about tomorrow.

I had a slight headache this afternoon, I think that may have been carb withdrawal but it went away after a couple of acetaminophen tablets. :slight_smile:

So excited about tomorrow, I have a trampolining class in the morning, then my driving lesson and then I will get some NEPA.
I like being busy, it takes my mind off wanting food.

So true. Its amazing what a clean house I have right now. Keep up the good work and hit the forums with any questions.

Well, I got through day one! That I think was going to be the hard part: My dietary habits were so bad before that every day I would start a new diet programme and never make it to the end of the day. I feel in control, I feel empowered.

I did feel a little bit weak/tired just before I went to bed, as if my body wanted to sleep but my mind wanted to stay up all night and watch Reno 911! (I first saw that when I was in Tahoe, didn’t know that we get to watch it in England).

But, I woke up this morning feeling full of energy, well, as full of energy as you can expect. At the end of yesterday I thought I never wanted to see another shake, but I am sort of looking forward to my breakfast today

Nice work on your front squats! And your trampolining class sounds fun. I think the last time I was on a trampoline was in college, which was a REALLY long time ago. You love Reno911 and love John Cleese (he’s like my older man fantasy LOL).

Have a great day!

alli…one of the major battles I had on the first go round was the food thoughts. Yes, keep yourself busy. Hobbies? Reading?
A quick stroll away from temptation is what you need. I read a lot. Short stuff and it takes the heat off. You’ve started a very powerful program that work well and is extremely rewarding when followed. Work hard and keep focused. We’ll be watching!

[quote]kimdowse wrote:
Nice work on your front squats! And your trampolining class sounds fun. I think the last time I was on a trampoline was in college, which was a REALLY long time ago. You love Reno911 and love John Cleese (he’s like my older man fantasy LOL).
[/quote]

kimdowse - I love him too! Fawlty Towers = classic! Monty Python = undescribable!

[quote] 69GoatMan wrote:
alli…one of the major battles I had on the first go round was the food thoughts. Yes, keep yourself busy. Hobbies? Reading?
[/quote]

I think this will be one of my problems too! I try to get out of the house as much as I can becuase no house=no kitchen! I walked to the gym to do my NEPA on the treadmill and passed 3 chinese takeouts, 2 fish and chip shops and 3 kebab/pizza shops! And that was just the way there! It was like torture, I swear…!

But I stayed strong, that’s what counts. I am doing a course to become a Gym Instructor which is the level before personal trainer, so I’m hoping some studying will help deal with food thoughts. I find it hard to sit down and read a book, I sadly lack the concentration but I read magazines, and often the walk to the shop is enough to kill the craving.

Almost at the end of day 2 - by that I mean I have just one shake to go. I’m finding that I’m quite full all the time, and if I do get a bit hungry, it just passes really quickly and I don’t really notice. I think that comes from habit. I don’t feel that tired physically, like I thought I might, and I am so suprised becuase I never thought I would look forward to a protein shake as much as I am everytime it’s time for another one!

I am really looking forward to lifting tomorrow, even more excited about lifting on Tuesday becuase that is deadlift day and I love deadlifts! Especially when all the guys watch (yeah - as if a girl can’t lift 253 lbs for 3 reps!).

Can’t wait for my HSM, it is going to be soooooo nice. Gonna do it on Wednesday after V-burn.

Monty Python rocks. I’ve seen the Holy Grail play twice…Vegas and Nashville. I own tapes of every show and watch them while I’m on the treadmill. “Dead Parrot”
“Crunchy Frog” “Anne Elk” list goes on and on of the fave’s. Spanish Inquisition…
did you expect that? Nobody does…
Grew up watching them and my dad was big on Benny Hill…a cleavage festival.

Press on and the results will be amazing.

It’s the start of day three: A LIFTING DAY!!! I’m just about to go to the gym now and get it done before the gym gets busy and I have to wait for the equipment.

Day two was not so bad, I was hungry, but when I thought about it, I wasn’t hungry for anything in particular, so I just let the feeling pass. I got 8 hours or so of sleep last night, but woke up feeling really tired (?) HOT-ROX sorted that one for me!

I feel differently about this diet than I have done about other diets I’ve tried. This one, I feel, is actually possible and I sort of know inside of me that I will get to the end and get the results I want (I hope)!

As for the Monty Pythons, the dead parrot sketch was voted the 2nd greatest sketch of all time (in the UK on the TV), and it was beaten by a sketch from a show called Little Britain, which isn’t even funny. I was devastated that it only came 2nd - it’s hilarious. Ministry of silly walks has to be my favourite though: when John cleese walks in and says ‘sorry I’m late, my walks have been getting sillier…’ I’m laughing about it as we speak just from thinking about it!

Off to do some lifting…

Just got back from the gym - good session!
At the start I was a little tired, but as I progressed through the workout, I completely forgot and just slipped into the zone.

I did: Step up (16kg - 35.2lbs each side): 8/7/8/5/5/3/4
Bent over row (35kg - 77 lbs barbell): 8/7/6/6/5/6/2
Push press (25kg - 52.5 lbs barbell - could have gone heavier with better form): 8/8/7/5/5/5/2
Barbell Curl (20kg - 44 lbs barbell): 8/7/7/7/5/6
Reverse Crunch: 10/10/10/10

Phew, it was tough! But it was all worth it for the Surge at the end. My body, having hated me for the past hour, was so happy to taste it!

But all in all it was a great session, I could hear some guys at the other side of the gym saying ‘look at that girl in the blue shorts (which is me), she’s got a nice ass…’ Yeah, message to those guys: the background music in the gym is not that loud, I can hear you!!!