Biotest

After the V-Diet...Thinking Ahead

Hi guys.

Let me introduce myself. I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum, and have foudn many of your transformations inspirational.

I have spent the last 6 years losing fat, I’ve lost 16" off my waist (yes, I was humungous). Anyway, enough of that. On teh 1st July, I started the V Diet, and have had pleasing results so far. I didn’t take pics or anything, it’s just something that I’m doing for myself to try to lose the last bit of fat.

My question concerns the time after the transition period. Would it be safe to go to the T-Dawg diet straight away? I think I’ll still be lookign to lose fat then, realistically speaking. I’d like to have something ‘in place’ before I get to that time. ALso, is there a comparable page to Gus’ and Chris’ information for the V-Diet for the T-Dawg diet?

Cheers guys

No clue about the T-Dawg diet, but just thought I’d say “well done” for losing so much lard :slight_smile:

I definitely recommend taking before and after pictures though, even if you keep them to yourself - they will help you see the change in your body, even if the scales say otherwise.

It would be fine to use the old T-Dawg Diet 2.0 ( http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=473067 ) from our archives. That diet is a bit dated, but the general idea of getting about 100g of carbs per day is still a good one.

Here are some more tips and ideas from a more recent article of mine:

Finally, a good way to think about coming off the V-Diet is this: every meal becomes an HSM or Healthy Solid Meal like you had once weekly on the V plan.

Put these ideas together, continue to train hard, and you should reach your final fat loss goals in no time.

Cheers guys.

I’m due my second HSM on Tuesday, it’ll probably be porridge again, but I take your point Chris about making every meal and HSM - that’s an approach I’ll likely take.

Thanks for the links Chris.

This may sound ridiculous, but I’m curious about the HSMs generally. I take it a single chicken breat grilled with a few handfulls of vegetables would be an example, but I’m curious as to ‘quantities’ of the foods really in an HSM - how do you determine ‘how much’ to have of components of an HSM?

[quote]edjam wrote:
This may sound ridiculous, but I’m curious about the HSMs generally. I take it a single chicken breat grilled with a few handfulls of vegetables would be an example, but I’m curious as to ‘quantities’ of the foods really in an HSM - how do you determine ‘how much’ to have of components of an HSM?[/quote]

About two shakes worth of calories, protein, fat and carbs I’d say. While on the V-Diet anyway…

Cheers Mak, that’s all I needed to know!