Biotest

Aflac's V-Diet Log May 4th Start

Hey guys,

I’ve been following a lot of the logs on here for a while now and hockey is finally done for the year so I’ve decided to take the plunge and try the V-Diet. I’ve been training for quite a while now but I’ve never really dialed in my diet enough to get to where I want. I’m finally ready to take the challenge on and actually make a change to my body.

I ordered the supplements earlier this week so I’m good to go starting tomorrow morning.

Measurements
Height - 5’ - 7
Weight - 180.6 lbs
Neck - 15
Shoulders - 47.5
Chest Upper - 41
Chest Lower - 37.5
Waist at Navel - 37.5
Waist at Largest - 37.5
Hips at Largest - 40
Upper Arm Left - 13.75
Upper Arm Right - 13.75
Upper Leg Left - 23.75
Upper Leg Right - 23.5
Lower Leg Left - 14.75
Lower Leg Right - 15
Ankle Left - 8.5
Ankle Right - 8.5

Here we go!!!

Day 1 in the books!!!

First workout

Front squat 185/5-5-5-5
Chin up BW/5-5-4-3-3
Dumbell Bench Press 50/5-5-5-5 (I’m getting over a shoulder injury so I’m not pushing it)
Ab Wheel Rollout 5-5-5-5

Congrats on having day 1 behind you! Posting on here will help keep you honest and motivated. Look forward to watching your progress.

Day 2 down.

I know it’s only day 2 but I don’t think I’ve ever had as many food cravings as I did today. I found the shakes only held me over for 2 hours or so. The rest of the time I was gnaw my arm off hungry and once that set in all I could think about was food…

It didn’t help that co-workers were putting bags of peanut MM’s (my favorite candy) on my desk…

On the bright side it’s another day down.

Looking forward to the workout tomorrow, I get an extra shake!!!

Welcome and keep us posted!

The bad news: The cravings get worse
The good news: Your body will adjust and you wont feel so hungry
The best news: Your gonna kill this thing

Good luck aflac. I’m on day 7. You will continue to miss “real” food, but hunger pangs will go away.

I was also only satisfied for about 2hrs after each shake, but it has gotten better and I can go 3-4 hrs more easily.

Don’t cheat and get on here when you are feeling like you might!!

Day 3

I figured I’d give the times I’m doing this stuff just to be complete.

6:00 - NEPA (35 minute walk with the dog)
6:45 - HOT-ROX
7:00 - Breakfast shake
11:00 - Lunch shake
2:30 - HOT-ROX
2:30 - Snack shake
5:00 - Workout and 1/2 Surge
6:00 - 1/2 Surge
7:00 - Dinner Shake
9:30 - Bedtime shake

Workout

Reverse lunge - 50/9-8-8-7-5-3
Bent over row - 135/9-8-8-8-7
Push Press - Couldn’t do due to shoulder injury
Barbell curl - 60/8-7-7-5-5-4-4
Reverse crunch on floor - 10-10-10-10

The hunger was just as bad today but I found the Surge shake helped to spread them out a bit more and keep me fuller longer.

Co-workers are a bit of a pain always offering me candy to see if I’ll take it. It’s a good thing I’m stubborn and determined!!!

Day 4

So I found today was opposite the last two days, at least in the morning anyway. For the first two shakes of the day I had a hard time getting them in. I made them a little thicker than normal and my morning one took me over an hour to drink.

Rather than being starving like the last few days I wasn’t…that changed by late afternoon though. I was definitely looking forward to the evening shakes.

Got about 40 minutes of NEPA in walking the new puppy.

Looking forward to the workout tomorrow. I find I’m almost a little bored at nights without having to go to the gym, luckily there’s plenty of playoff hockey!!!

[quote]Aflac wrote:
Day 4

Well I just typed up a bit old post and I’m not quite sure where it went to but…

![/quote]

On the posts - I have found that they sometimes take up to 30 minutes to show on the thread.

On your shakes - To “spread” mine out so that I do not feel as hungry…

I eat the Superfood separately as a paste (polsen’s idea and oddly enough at day 5 I am actually liking the Superfood). I eat the nut butter separately as well…a morsel at a time. So, I feel like I am getting “more” food…when I am really not.

I blend them super thick and eat them with an espresso spoon (kind of like a baby spoon), so that I take smaller bites.

Good luck…and have fun with the new puppy!

Day 5

The hunger seems to be getting slightly better. Some of the shakes are harder to get down than others.

Workout

Deadlift - 185/8-8-7-7-5-5
Decline dumbbell bench neutral grip - 50/10-10-10-10 (Being careful with the shoulder and not pushing it)
Lat Pull-down - 105/8-8-8-6-5-5
Hand walkout from knees - 8-8-7-6-6-5

Walked the dog in the morning and went for a quick rollerblade at night for my NEPA.

Bring on the weekend!!!

Well I’m almost embarrassed to post this but, I did the v-burn challenge today. I’m doing the intermediate program and it completely humbled me…

It took me 58:20. I had to pour myself out of the gym after I was done too. I knew I wasn’t in the best of shape but this was a slap in the face!!!

On a side note…anyone find they notice food commercials a hell of a lot more?? I swear every second commercial is for some sort of food. I saw one for pickles and almost started foaming at the mouth I wanted one so bad!!

It really didn’t help that I had to have my HSM day one. A good friend was moving away and we went out for lunch.

Weekly pics and measurements to follow tomorrow.

[quote]Aflac wrote:
Well I’m almost embarrassed to post this but, I did the v-burn challenge today. I’m doing the intermediate program and it completely humbled me…

It took me 58:20. I had to pour myself out of the gym after I was done too. I knew I wasn’t in the best of shape but this was a slap in the face!!!

On a side note…anyone find they notice food commercials a hell of a lot more?? I swear every second commercial is for some sort of food. I saw one for pickles and almost started foaming at the mouth I wanted one so bad!!

It really didn’t help that I had to have my HSM day one. A good friend was moving away and we went out for lunch.

Weekly pics and measurements to follow tomorrow.[/quote]

I have become painfully aware over the last 10 days that every second commercial is for food. It’s getting easier, but still makes me drool at times. Fortunately HSM#2 is tomorrow. I cannot wait!

Alright well week 1 is done.

Pictures and measurements taken.

I don’t see the difference I was hoping for with a 9lb weight lose. I found I lost some inches in weird places, like my ankles. I didn’t have anything to lose there!!!

Anyway, here they are.

Measurements
Height - 5’ - 7
Weight - 180.6 / 171.2 lbs (-9.4)
Neck - 15 / 15 (0)
Shoulders - 47.5 / 47.5 (0)
Chest Upper - 41 / 41 (0)
Chest Lower - 37.5 / 37.5 (0)
Waist at Navel - 37.5 / 36 (-1.5)
Waist at Largest - 37.5 / 36 (-1.5)
Hips at Largest - 40 / 39.5 (-0.5)
Upper Arm Left - 13.75 / 13.5 (-0.25)
Upper Arm Right - 13.75 / 13.5 (-0.25)
Upper Leg Left - 23.75 / 23.75 (0)
Upper Leg Right - 23.5 / 23.75 (+0.25)
Lower Leg Left - 14.75 / 14.5 (-0.25)
Lower Leg Right - 15 / 14.5 (-0.5)
Ankle Left - 8.5 / 8 (-0.5)
Ankle Right - 8.5 / 8 (-0.5)

Day 8

Hands down the hardest day I’ve had in a long long time not including the diet. I felt so drained that I could barely make it through the day. Between the medical, personal and diet I just have nothing left.

Saying that, I got the workout done and my HSM tomorrow. I’ve been waiting for this forever. I already know what I’m having!!!

Workout

Front Squat 185/5-5-5-5
Chin Up BW/5-5-4-3-3
Dumbbell Bench Press 60/7-7-6 (Shoulder felt very good today)
Ab Wheel 6-6-4-4

The last two days have made me severely question this diet.

Well today was my HSM and I have to say it was pure happiness!!! I had a tenderloin, steamed beans with some salt and pepper and a side salad no dressing.

I also got a few slices of pickles since for some reason that was my biggest craving over the last week and a half.

Now the drive to next weeks meal begins!!!

haha funny about the pickles…

that hsm sounds awesome, doing a great job.

the vdiet kinda gives me that weird coming off a rough hangover feeling. Oh well the results have been amazing for others so no faultering!

Keep up the good work!

Nice work on week one! You can see the difference in your waist/mid-section. Keep up the good work.

Pickles…hmmmm - I carved salt week one. Did not hink about pickles, though. Maybe next week:)

[quote]Aflac wrote:
On a side note…anyone find they notice food commercials a hell of a lot more?? I swear every second commercial is for some sort of food. I saw one for pickles and almost started foaming at the mouth I wanted one so bad!![/quote]

Yeah dude! I sometimes do my NEPA walks on a treadmill at my gym and every treadmill has a little TV screen on it, in addition to the bank of big screens on the front wall. I was watching a commercial for some new taco shell that… wait for it… stands up on its own, and I had THE WORST craving for tacos. In fact I still do and that was several hours ago. I can’t wait to whip up some spicy beef and chicken tacos in about three weeks!

Anyway hang in there, it goes faster than you think. You will enjoy the results!

Work out 6 is all wrapped up. Just a supper shake and a bed time shake to go and day 10 will be done!!!

I’m really starting to notice some results now. It might all be in my head but it seems like my waist and stomach are getting smaller. It’ll be interesting to see in the progress pics and measurements this weekend.

Workout 6:

Reverse Lunge - 50/8-8-8-5-5-6
Bent Over Row - 135/9-8-8-8-7
Push Press - 20/8-8-8-8-8 (It was great to do this pain free!!!)
Barbell Curl - 60/8-8-6-6-5-4-3
Reverse Crunch - 12-10-10-8

I’m painfully out of shape and it shows as the rest periods shorten!!!

Anyway, one day closer to the end!!