Biotest

Advice on Starting the V-Diet

I have a few questions about the V-Diet, specific to my physique and current fitness state.

I am 31, 6’, little less than 180#, so I am somewhat lean already. I work out pretty regularly, both strength and aerobic training, and am active (multiple sports). I am fairly happy with my current physique, but wouldnt mind toning up a little bit.

I have noticed the over the last 18 months that I am developing excess fat around the stomach and love handles - suprise right? I eat well, not great, but for the most part stick to lean meats, tons of fruit and veggies; but also have my vices (some junk, soda).

My concern is that on the V-Diet I will not be maintaining my body mass, since I am on the leaner side already. I dont want to get smaller per say, maybe around the waist a bit (but am already at 33" waist, dont want to get too thin), but nowhere else. Should I be concerned?

The V-Diet, when followed correctly, gets rid of the excess fat while allowing you retain or even gain some muscle. At the same time, it helps most people rid themselves of bad nutritional habits (like sodas).

If that’s something you want and need, and you’re ready to devote 28 days to it, then the V-Diet fits your needs.

Thanks Chris. Would you expect, or are dieters noticing, a significant decline in waist size? I know this sounds completely retarded, but I just dont want to end up at 30 or 31 inch waist… I cant believe I just typed that.

[quote]masterlockjr wrote:
Thanks Chris. Would you expect, or are dieters noticing, a significant decline in waist size? I know this sounds completely retarded, but I just dont want to end up at 30 or 31 inch waist… I cant believe I just typed that.[/quote]

Yes, fat is lost at the waist. If you’re fat there, you will lose it.

Let me get this right, you want to keep excess fat around the waist? Why?

haha, no, thats where I want to lose it. Just trying to gague how much loss it will be. Being lean already I didnt want to get any “thinner” per say, and the waist component is one of those metrics I was concerned with. I shouldnt be though…I am idiot, please disregard my questions.

My main concern was getting smaller, and I think its determined that with the regularly prescribed strength training you dont. Appreciate the feedback.