Biotest

Adventures of a V-Girl

I’ve decided to throw down 520 bucks and start the V-Diet today. In addition to the supplements the V-Diet outlines, I’ve added Se7en and Rhodiola Rosea.

I have seldom felt good about the way I look, much less comfortable in my own skin. I’ve always had a “tummy” growing up. My mom claimed it was just left over baby fat, but that never eased my mind. When I was three I had a stomach virus. I threw up certain foods, other foods I could keep down. The foods I couldn’t keep down I choose not to eat for fear that I would thrown them up again. Through out my childhood I had predominantly mac & cheese, grilled cheeses, and burger king chicken tenders, and a lot of milk. I practically survived off junk foods. My mom had always offered me different foods, but I was afraid to try them. It was difficult for me growing up and going to friend’s houses, or parties not eating what the other kids ate. I wanted to keep my abnormal eating habits a secret so no one would think I was strange.

Finally, when I was a junior in high school, I liked this guy and on early dismissal days my friends (him included) went to the nearest gatti’s pizza buffet. I didn’t eat pizza, but I was eager to fit in. So I tried it the night before in front of the mirror and imagine myself like a normal person who eats pizza. i liked it! I could finally eat with my friends and feel like I fit in.

After being bulemic for a while (wanting to eat food to fit in, but not wanting to eat because I was afraid of getting fat; double edged sword kind of thing) I went through a break up and a couple months after that I decided to get personal help with my disordered eating habits.

In 2 years I expanded my menu including healthy foods and crappy foods. But because of my past I’ve been an emotional eater.

THUS, leads me to the V-Diet. Oh happy day!

Finally! There’s hope that I can lose these bad food cravings and lose my “baby fat.”

I can’t wait to feel comfortable for the first time.

Stay tuned for more adventures of a V-Girl!!! :slight_smile:

Nice goals. Good luck, you will do well.

I’m sure you will see fantastic results if you stick to the diet/workouts as outlined.

I too am an emotional eater, I like to binge when stressed out. I did a VDiet last year, but only lasted 17 days. What’s different for me this time is I read ALL the instructions and have been perusing the other training logs. I also plan to follow this to the letter…no using leftover supps I have lying around the house, etc…

I’ve reordered my “stash” and will be starting 7/1, so we’re kinda in the same starting area. I hope to see your pics posted up so I can follow your progress!!

Thanks Bornagain!

So today was my first day. I am proud to say that I didn’t stray from the diet once. However I started an hour later than I wanted.

I pre-bagged all of my meals so they’re blender bottle ready. I found it difficult to get the milled flax seed shakes down. The little flakes stuck and tickled my throat. I gagged once :(. But I made it through! Ugggh, I was sooo full today, it made me queasy. I’m trying to down the last shake right now. It’s tasty, but I’m soo full…

I chose to do my NEPA at night, when it’s not 100 degrees out. Luckly it was sprinkling. I walked for 45 minutes. I’m sure people thought I was a looney, walking in the rain. If they knew about the V-Diet, I’m sure they’d do it, too.

I think things will turn out better tomorrow, on a non workout day.

Now back to this shake.

I’m with ya on the NEPA at night (it’s regularly over 100 degrees during the day here). If you have someone to walk with at nights it most definitely makes them go quicker and people don’t think you’re just a random walking around the neighborhood (someone actually called the neighborhood watch on me). Best of luck with the diet and the training!

sydnisd, you were so close last time; I know you’ll make it all the way this time around.

Day 2
I had shake dreams last night. I didn’t think that I would crave food this early on in the game, but I just want to chew! Give me anything! I can not wait still HSM comes on sunday. I’m thinking of starting out with salmon. yummmeh :slight_smile:

Yesterday was work out day 1. I’m doing the beginner program. I haven’t worked out since April and I’m sooo sore. My legs are killing me. The V-Diet can make a girl wanna learn how to pee standing up. I’m trying not to be a lazy ass and slide my feet on the floor.

However, chocolate Surge is tasty; it reminds me of Hershey’s chocolate milk. It’ll be easy to down that after a workout, provided I don’t have a meal right before.

Right now I nuked my meal 2 to make hot chocolate. It doesn’t taste any better, just frothier…needs marshmellows…too bad those aren’t on the V-Diet. sad face.

Anyway, suppose I’ll enter those pre-stats now…

Height: 5’9’'
Weight: 147.5
Neck: 13 in
Shoulders: 42 in
Chest â?? Upper: 36 in
Chest â?? Lower: 32.5 in
Waist - at Navel: 35 in
Waist - at largest: 36 in
Hips: 37.5 in
Hips - at largest(butt): 39 in
Upper Arm â?? L: 10 in
Upper Arm â?? R: 10.5 in
Upper Leg â?? L( at largest): 24 in
Upper Leg â?? R ( at largest): 23.5 in
Lower Leg â?? L: 15.25 in
Lower Leg â?? R: 15 in
Ankle â?? L: 8.25 in
Ankle â?? R: 8.25 in

Pictures are gonna come later, once I stop being a pansy and get the nerve to post them.

But check out my supps!!

Bwal…congrats on Day 2 (I’m right there with ya) I agree about the flax seeds, I considered blending them in a little food processor to get them almost to a powder so they’d mix better with the shake. I’ll let you know how that goes. I picked up my supps at fedex today…one box that said choc Metabolic Drive and one that said Strawberry Metabolic Drive. (I ordered choc and vanilla) So basically I thought they forgot about all the other supps and gave me 1/2 of the right Metabolic Drive shake powder. I almost punched out the fedex guy. Come to find they just used 2 random boxes, and they did fit everything i ordered in there! Your pic is cute, can’t wait to see your progress! No nerve required here, we are all on the same page!

ncarroll77
I ordered like…five chocolate Metabolic Drive, one strawberry, banana, and vanilla. I find the vanilla the toughest to get down. It’s soo sweet. Strawberry and banana are reeeeallly good though mixed together. Banana and chocolate are pretty good too.

I know what you mean about Fed Ex, I was about to leave my house last wednesday when I got everything. it was supposed to come on thursday. I paid the extra 2.25 or so to have it signed. I didn’t want to pay 500 plus bucks and then have something happen to it because i didn’t pay the little 2.25 to have my packages signed for, ya know? i would’ve cried…and been very poor, and very fat lol! You’ll have to send me a link to your posts if you’re doing any. That way we can post each other to victory!! :slight_smile:

I actually have been mixing the flax seeds with the PB, though it calls for them at separate meals, it makes it easier to do.

I also put a little bit of flax seed in the cup right before each sip this morning. Much better than tossing it all in the blender.

Good I have someone that isn’t like 2 weeks ahead of me. Almost like a V-Diet partner

Unfortunately I didn’t think ahead and I just order 9 bottles of chocolate so I don’t get to mix and match…

I’m glad to hear that the chocolate Surge is good, I just got original because of the 9 bottles of chocolate Metabolic Drive and didn’t want to over do it lol. Original is pretty good, tho it’s after taste isn’t that great.

Glad I got someone else to suffer with me through the next 26 days

seems like there are a few of us on day 2, I think i’m the only one that likes the flax seeds though. Anyway, good luck and I’ll be keeping tabs and cheering you on along the way as well!

Wait for meeee…lol I don’t start til tomorrow…but I got ALL Biotest supps, dropped the $$ and am ready to go.
I know about those flax seeds, I got a small Hamilton Beach blender from Walmart for $13, It’s a 20 oz. cup, portable but powerful. It blends ice/flax pretty well. I usually take a protein shake (non-V-Diet, for breakfast every morning) with 1/3 c. uncooked oatmeal and flax and it blends that pretty smooth.

Glad to hear it rained in LA, it’s finally rained here in Houston 2x since yesterday. We’ve been on burn bans forever and have had no rain for the past 4-6 weeks or so. I’m going to start doing the NEPA walks outside, rain or shine too. There’s a couple of neat parks with walking/running trails around here (Memorial Park and Rice University) that have lots of eye candy I can check out while exercising lol to keep me motivated

Today was my last day! If I can do it, you can do it! I actually skipped the flax seeds. They were freakin nasty! But I did use organic peanut butter.

Just take every day one day at a time. One day down, one more to go!

at 5’9" 145, i honestly have no idea why you’re doing such an extreme diet. even if you have very little lean muscle mass, i would wager you could get in phenomenal shape very quickly with a half decent diet and a basic workout routine.

just my two cents. good luck in whatever you do.

Wow! So many V-Dieters!!! It’s really great to have a support network like this. I must say that I am already in need of it. It’s really difficult for me to keep these shakes down, I’m just so nauseated all the time. I have to keep reminding myself why I’m doing this lol! Tomorrow is day three, and those deadlifts are gonna kick my ass.

Thanks dawndeegirl! That’s kind of the mentality I’m starting to adapt. Day three seems so far away from day 28.

Sydnisd I got the same blender! Although for those 16oz shakes I need to up grade because of the frothiness. It’s filled to the rim! Didn’t know you were in houston either. My friend lives there! Her GPs live in memorial. Such a pretty neighborhood. I would totally rather NEPA there. Although LSU lakes are a bit crowded so I just do them around my boyfriend’s neighborhood. Good luck on you’re V-Diet!!

Alkoholik, I know what you mean about the chocolate. I’m actually starting to get tired of it. I wish I would’ve ordered more banana and strawberry to mix. Glad we’re all in this together.

Ok so this is really tough you guys. I mean, I feel like I’m walking that fine line. I just don’t understand why my stomach is constantly uneasy. It’s not the HOT-ROX, because I’ve used them before. It’s so difficult for me to down these shakes. I gag nearly every time and can’t finish them. I’ve changed the consistency, and chased with water. I haven’t strayed from the diet at all.

I just didn’t know I paid 600 dollars to uneasy ALL day. i mean, i know i wasn’t going to feel awesome ya know. i don’t mind the workouts and being sore for the next week and still working out on top of all that. i don’t mind drinking only shakes for 28 days. I just didn’t know i was going to be untouchable nauseated. the kind where you can barely keep down tea and crackers.

I don’t want to give up on day 3. i don’t want to justify. i want to succeed. I’ve been trying to toughen myself up because i know what chris would say. Stop being a wuss. wah wah wah. i know.

i just dont want to grit through the shakes only to regurgitate them 20 minutes later from smelling the shake remains in my bottle while washing it out for the next shake. What the hell?! Am i the only one having a difficult time getting them down?

You know what they say: “misery loves company, but only if they’re doing the V-Diet,too”

you arent the only one, I smelled one of my bottles from yesterday and almost threw up. Its just gonna be something we gotta tough out i think. Good thing we dont have to worry about holding down crackers :slight_smile: Anyway, best of luck. I’m sure you’ll get through this if you just keep your mind right and make it through this first week of adjustment (at least thats what i keep telling myself)

[quote]bwal wrote:
Ok so this is really tough you guys. I mean, I feel like I’m walking that fine line. I just don’t understand why my stomach is constantly uneasy. It’s not the HOT-ROX, because I’ve used them before. It’s so difficult for me to down these shakes. I gag nearly every time and can’t finish them. I’ve changed the consistency, and chased with water. I haven’t strayed from the diet at all.

I just didn’t know I paid 600 dollars to uneasy ALL day. i mean, i know i wasn’t going to feel awesome ya know. i don’t mind the workouts and being sore for the next week and still working out on top of all that. i don’t mind drinking only shakes for 28 days. I just didn’t know i was going to be untouchable nauseated. the kind where you can barely keep down tea and crackers.

I don’t want to give up on day 3. i don’t want to justify. i want to succeed. I’ve been trying to toughen myself up because i know what chris would say. Stop being a wuss. wah wah wah. i know.

i just dont want to grit through the shakes only to regurgitate them 20 minutes later from smelling the shake remains in my bottle while washing it out for the next shake. What the hell?! Am i the only one having a difficult time getting them down?

You know what they say: “misery loves company, but only if they’re doing the V-Diet,too”[/quote]

Do not give up. The reason you’re uneasy is your body isn’t used to probably this much protein with a lack of carbs and the fact that you are ingesting it all in liquid form. Back when I did the V-Diet I had the same issue for the first week (fiber tablets help) but eventually it went away as my body adapted. Stick with it. Look at this as going to war with your body. In war you don’t surrender, you don’t do things that aren’t beneficial to the end goal of winning, all your effort, all your focus goes into destroying the enemy. Right now your fat is your enemy. Destroy it. As the saying goes, “war is hell.” Only 25 more days left, you can do it.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
bwal wrote:

You know what they say: “misery loves company, but only if they’re doing the V-Diet,too”

Do not give up. The reason you’re uneasy is your body isn’t used to probably this much protein with a lack of carbs and the fact that you are ingesting it all in liquid form. Back when I did the V-Diet I had the same issue for the first week (fiber tablets help) but eventually it went away as my body adapted. Stick with it. Look at this as going to war with your body. In war you don’t surrender, you don’t do things that aren’t beneficial to the end goal of winning, all your effort, all your focus goes into destroying the enemy. Right now your fat is your enemy. Destroy it. As the saying goes, “war is hell.” Only 25 more days left, you can do it.[/quote]

That Helps alot I am just finishing day 1 and i have been upset all day. Keep with it i dont wanna see anyone quit, that wont be good movivation for me :slight_smile: