Biotest

Additional Supplements on the V-Diet?

Hi,

I’m planning to start the diet soon. I’d like to know what supplements can be used during the diet. My plan is following aditional supplementation.

Training day:
Morning: 5g creatine/1x Multivitamin/5g BCAA/3g B-Alanin
Before Training: 5g BCAA/4g Arginin /3g B-Alanin
After Training: 5g BCAA/5g creatine
Before Sleeping: 5g BCAA/ZMA

Training free day:
Morning: 5g creatine/1x Multivitamin/5g BCAA/3g B-Alanin
Evening: 3g B-Alanin
Before Sleeping: 5g BCAA

Before and after the V-Burn CHallenge 5g BCAA

You really don’t need any of those if you’re following the V-Diet as written and using the supplements in the package. So, your V-Diet time could be a chance to not use those and save some dough.

That said:

Creatine: Fine. But best used after training mixed into your Surge Recovery.
BCAA: Not needed. The l-Leucine is taking care of that nicely. And Surge is full of BCAA.
Arginine: They still make that? Barely does anything; some would say it’s worthless. I think I tried it in 1990. Not recommended.
Multivitamin: Fine, but with Superfood it’s not really needed.
B-Alanin: No problem, assuming you’re using a carb/calorie free version.
ZMA: Good stuff. No prob.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answer. Si i’ll rework my supplementation.

The Arginin does not really help, but i gives a kind of pump. But you’re right its not necessary.

I’ve two more questions :

1. My training is from about 12.00 - 13.15. So when is the best time for the shake before training during the diet?

2. I’m located in Germany. Do you now are there any problems with shipping the supps. Especially the HOT-ROX for Germany.

1. The basic rule is: you don’t want to weight train fasted (totally empty stomach and hungry) but you also don’t want to weight train when you’re very full. For most V-Dieters, that’s having a Metabolic Drive shake about an hour or so before hitting the gym. But play it by hear and be sure to spread your shakes out as evenly as possible.

2. I don’t think that’s a problem, but you can check with Biotest here: service@t-nation.com

One more question. In the diet plan are the milled flaxseed. What ist one serving ? 10grams ?

[quote]drago-1 wrote:
One more question. In the diet plan are the milled flaxseed. What ist one serving ? 10grams ?[/quote]

2 tablespoons, typically.