Biotest

Adding Indigo 3G!

Chris,
I am an extremely dedicated diet and exercise person. I eat extremely clean 12 months out of the year and hardly ever have a poor meal. To add to that, I am religious about nutrient timing, adding supplementation to my workout routine, and drinking tons (2-3 gallons a day) of water. I am 6’3 and 195 lbs. I workout 5 days a week and the plan usually goes something like this:

Mon: LEGS (I wish I could lift legs everyday!)
Tues: Arms/Core/stretching/Foam rolling/ect
Wed: Day off
Thur: Back (2nd most important workout but I like to space back and legs out)
Fri: Shoulders
Sat: Chest
Sun: Off

Below is the nutritional plan that I follow religiously and was hoping that you could make corections where you see fit to allow me to maximize my potential with I3G.

7am: Advocare Spark (Aminos & Caffeine) *This is where I3G First Dose will take place

8:30am: 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive Low Carb, Unsweeted Almond Milk

10:30am: 8 Oz Egg Whites (1 Whole Egg), 4 Oz Oatmeal, 2 Oz Steamed Broccoli, 2 of the 4 allowed Flameout, 1 Multi Vitamin that includes Lycopene and Luecine

12:30pm: 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive Low Carb with water, 1 Scoop Natural Peanut Butter

2:30: 8 Oz Plain Chicken Breast, 4 Oz Steamed Brown Rice, 2 Oz Uncooked Spinach, 2 Oz Steamed Broccoli, 2 Oz Steamed Cauliflower, 2 Oz Peeled Carrots, 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, 1 Table Spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 of the 4 allowed Flameout

5:00pm: 1-2 Scoops Creatine & Caffinated based Pre Workout (right now it is Animal Rage)

During Workout: 3 Scoops Metabolic Drive Regular, 5g BCAA

Post Workout (7-7:30pm): 2 Scoops MHP Dark Matter (Insulin Spiker)

9:00pm: 8 Oz Salmon or Plain Chicken Breast, 4 Oz Sweet Potato, 2 Oz Steamed Broccoli, 2 Oz Steamed Cauliflower, 2 Oz Steamed Carrots, 1 Scoop Virgin Olive Oil

11:30pm: 1 Scoop Metabolic Drive Low Carb, 1 Scoop Casein Protein, 1 Table Spoon Natural PB, Unsweetened Almond Milk

Can you pleas modify this Nutrition Plan for the insertion of I3G. I will obviously need to modify the timing of the meals slightly to allow for 3 doses of I3G with 90min of time afterwards before my next meal or before my workout. Also, please let me know if you think I should get rid of the Low Carb Metabolic Drive and start using the regular (Carb included) version instead. Also, being that I drink 3 gallons of water everyday, is it OK to continue to drink that much and also whenever I feel like it? Or does water need to be timed out just the same way that food does?

I am going to place an order right now that includes I3G because I am 100% confident and anxious to include this “game changer” into my routine. I am not one of those “on the fence” individuals that is going to take 2 or 3 bottles of this supplment away from the REAL users and then give up on it.

PLease let me know how I can take the current plan that I have in place and take it to the next level.

One final Thing:

My 1st Goal: Gain Muscle Mass
2nd Goal: Remain in the ball park of 6-9% Body Fat (I want to remain lean and looking good)

Thanks for your help!

-Dan

You’ll probably want to add carbs overall, mainly to your peri-workout nutrition plan. Suggested protocols here: http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1165 You can also modify these with by adding FINiBARs 30-60 minutes pre-lifting.

Have carbs at every meal.

Drink all the water you want.

Using Metabolic Drive Muscle Growth Formula instead of low carb is one good way of adding carbs. Indigo users easily get 300 to 500g crabs daily, some more. You’ll want at least 100g around your lifting session: Surge Workout Fuel is the best source there.

Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Does the nutrition plan look good to you otherwise?

As I understand it, the modifications you have made are the FOllowing: replace all Low Carb MD with regular carb loaded MD, and include the peri workout supplementation?

Can I still use a pre workout? Can I still use the insulin spiker at the end of the workout? OR, are both of those going to be unneccesary?

Thanks again for all your help!

-Dan

[quote]dcgardner wrote:
Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Does the nutrition plan look good to you otherwise?

As I understand it, the modifications you have made are the FOllowing: replace all Low Carb MD with regular carb loaded MD, and include the peri workout supplementation?

Can I still use a pre workout? Can I still use the insulin spiker at the end of the workout? OR, are both of those going to be unneccesary?

Thanks again for all your help!

-Dan

[/quote]

Yes, your food choices look pretty solid. The links at the top of every Live Coaching Lab will give you some other solid food carb choices, like creak of buckwheat, quinoa etc. Lots of rice based foods like 100% rice pasta are good choices too for ramping up carbs. I always recommend ditching wheat, but looks like you’ve done that.

Important thing is to take the indigo-3G 40-60 minutes before eating.

The insulin spiker is unnecessary if you’re using Surge Workout Fuel, FINiBAR, etc.

I’m not familiar with some of those other supps, sorry. Make sure none of them contain the items that could interferer with Indigo, like quercetin. (See Indigo label.)

If your pre-workout is basically just a caffeine supplement, that’s fine.

Chris,

Thank you! I am all set! You have been very helpful. I will keep a log and photos and share with you guys along the way!

Have a great evening!

-Dan

Will be good to have you on board, Dan. Be sure to join in the daily Live Coaching Lab. Good, knowledgeable, positive group there.

Chris,

One last question:

After reading the No Grain Oatmeal discussion, I am convinced (even though I eat it) that I am in the Allergic to Oatmeal group and that is most likely why I have the little fat patch underneath my belly button. One of my goals is to get rid of and keep off that fat patch. I am def going to try the no grain oatmeal as a breakfast choice. I will add Metabolic Drive to the mix for the protein source which wil make a complete breakfast combo. On mornings when I would like to have some eggs scrambled instead, what could I replace oatmeal with? Could I use some cooked beans or a sweet potato? Quinoa? Let me know what you recommend.

Also, I am really excited about starting this program. I will definatley learn alot about my body and about nutrition from you and all the other participants in the daily forums. My mom is a gourmet chef and once I get a few weeks into this program and I am comfortable with the routine I will ditch the same meals (i have listed above that you approved) 7 days a week and start to get crative with recipes. My mom and I will use the suggestions in the forums and run with it. I will be sure to share all receipes that we create that we really like.

Thanks again for all your support and I look forward to learning more from you in the next months, years, ect…

Let me know what you think about that one question regarding my breakfast choices.

Have a great evening.

-Dan

I can’t see you gaining much mass to be honest. You’re consuming around 2700 calories a day, and over a third of them are coming from shakes, I would be losing weight on that diet and I’m 4" shorter than you. Just my opinion.

Dan, here’s some oatmeal alternatives: flaked quinoa, puffed rice cereal (unsweetened), Rice 'n Shine hot cereal, cream of buckwheat, cream of rice. You can see these in the pic.

Counterfeitsoda,

I would love to hear your input if you have the time. Can you add alternatives to the plan I already have in place? I will be starting my Indigo Program this coming Monday and will be spending the entire weekend reading and researching through all the forums/success stories to see where I can make adjustments/corrections.

Thanks for your input!

Chris,

Once again, thank you very much!

-Dan

Dan, you’d simply add calories if needed, and it may be needed with Indigo. Doesn’t have to be complex. Just eat more of the good stuff you’re already eating.

got everything in the mail today and I am ready to start tomorrow! I spent the entire weekend prepping. I will start my journal today and add my week 1 pictures. Few last questions for you Chris before I am all set:

1. it says no Green Tea. Does that include Green Tea Extract (EGCG)? My pre workout caffeine has EGCG and I was curious if that means it is a no go. If so I will probably just rhow it away.

2. If I take a BCAA caffeine drink in the morning as soon as I wake up, is that going to be a problem with the I3G program? It says to take my forst dosage as soon as I wake up (7am) on an empty stomach. I need to know if I can take the forst dosage with my caffeine drink that contains 45 calories of which there is 11g of Carbs (no sugar though). This is the ONLY thing that I will have a really hard time giving up. All the starches, sugars, alcohols, ect are all gone but this shot of caffeine first thing in the morning is going to be a tough one.

Let me know your thoughts.

I received my emails about the I3G as soon as I completed my purchase last week and I plan on starting my journals tonight. I will also make sure that I post everything to the live spills.

Thanks for all your help in preparation and let the games begin!

-Dan

1. I’d avoid anything with green tea or extra while on Indigo, just in case.

2. It shouldn’t be an issue. If at all possible, get Indigo in you first.

Chris,

Can you go to my training log and let me know what you think?

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/dcgardner#myForums/thread/5096742/

I am currently on day 1

Thanks

-Dan

I dropped a note in your Indigo log.

Chris,
I just asked you another question on my Indigo Log. It is in regards to prescription medicine.
Let me know when you get a chance.
Thanks for your help as always!
-Dan