Biotest

AC's V-Diet Log

Today is Day 1 on the V-Diet. I continued to eat like crap leading up to this point and am ready to jump right into this. I am 34 y/o and am sick and tired of going back and forth from being in decent shape to out of shape.

Once I hit 30, it seems like the injuries started to pile up, from back surgery (L4-L5 discectomy), separated left shoulder and most recently I suffered a deep bone bruise in my left knee. My problem was always my diet, grew up in a fast food family and really want to break my bad eating habits. I took measurements this morning prior to shake #1. Was appalled at my measurements and will post pics tomorrow. I am very excited to start and can’t wait to see what the end result is going to be.

Height: 6’2"
Weight: 227
Neck: 17.5
Shoulders: 50.5
Chest Upper: 44.5
Chest Lower: 43.5
Waist Naval: 42.0
Waist Largest: 43.0
Upper Arm L: 14.0
Upper Arm R; 14.5
Upper Leg L: 25.0
Upper Leg R: 26.5
Lower Leg L: 16.625
Lower Leg R: 16.5
Ankle L: 10.5
Ankle R: 10.0

Promise pics are coming soon. Day 1 went very well, no food cravings and need to increase the weight at the gym. I haven’t lifted in a very long time and was a little concerned with how my body would hold up. My back and knee felt fine.

Shake schedule:
Meal 1 @ 1030
Meal 2 @ 1330 (Surge)
Meal 3 @ 1630
Meal 4 @ 1930
Meal 5 @ 2230
Meal 6 @ 0030

It was actually hard to accomplish drinking all of the shakes, I would have been fine with four.

I chose to do the beginner workout routine since I have been away from lifting for over a year.

Workout:
Barbell Squat @ 95 lbs reps: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4

Dumbbell Bench @ 60 lbs reps: 9, 9, 9, 4

Barbell Row @ 95 lbs reps: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4

Plank hold 2:00 and 1:00

Need to increase the weight next time. Going to take a little while to find the right weights to use.

NEPA:
30:00 walk around the neighborhood. Went with my father who is visiting, which slowed the pace, but was glad to get him out exercising.

Day 2

Today started off rough, had physical therapy for my knee and didn’t get to have the first shake until almost noon. Then it was off to help an elderly relative clean out their house.

Meals
Shake 1 @ 1145
Shake 2 @ 1530
Shake 3 @ 1830
Shake 4 @ 2230
Shake 5 @ 0145

All meals have been taken with Flameout and a fiber choice chewable with the exception of meal 5 tonight where I skipped the fiber.

NEPA
Wen for a 30 min walk outside with my Mom tonight which was nice since both of my parents are visiting. It was good to be able to get both of them out and exercising in the last two days.

So far so good, no food cravings and the workouts are going well. I am holding myself back form doing more. I am going to increase the NEPA up to an hour.

The only difficulty that I have had so far is making sure I drink all of the shakes for the day. I was very full again today and could have skipped at least one. Tomorrow will be interesting because I go back to work at eleven pm. I have been off the last two days and I am curious to see how taking the shakes all day and than drinking Thur during the shift at work.

I can’t believe how I have not had any cravings. I am worried that I should have plugged in my goal weight of 205 lbs and not my current weight of 227 lbs.

Day 3

Well woke up around 1415 hours, have to work the overnight shift tonight, so I try to get a lot of sleep leading up to my first day back at work. Just got back from the gym and I am going to have my first shake of the day. I might not be able to get all of them in today as I am going to go right into Thursday’s shakes at midnight. I am going to do my best.

No hunger pains yet! I live right off restaurant row in my neighborhood and lost count of what I walk by on my way to the gym, but I am going to list just a few:

3 Pizza Parlors
2 Bagel stores
1 Bakery
1 Dunkin Donuts
1 BBQ joint
1 McDonalds
1 White Castle
2 Thai Restaurants
About 8 bars

Haven’t had a problem walking downt that street yet, although it’s only day 3.

Workout:

Deadlift 135 lbs reps: 15, 15, 15, 5
LAt Pulldown 100 lbs: 15, 15, 15, 5
Barbell Press 65 lbs reps: 15, 12, 8, 8, 7
Side Plank: alternate b/w left and right: 30 sec, 30 sec, 30 sec, 40 sec

So far so good. Still need to play around with the weights. My back was real tight today, so I purposely didn’t push myself with the weight. I had lower back surgery in '05 and every now and than I have a bad day.

Day 3 Continued

Went for my NEPA walk and did about 4.6 miles in 68 min. Worked up a decent sweat and felt pretty good. This was around 1900 hours.

I am only going to get four shakes in for today with the last one around 0030 hours. After that I am just going to go straight into Thursday. I need to figure out how to break the meals down especially when I go back to work b/c I work a midnight shift and live like a regular person when I am off. Still no hunger pains or cravings.

My goal is to get down to 200-205 which would be awesome. I miss doing BJJ and muay thai, but I am going to stick to this diet and its guidelines. I have already taken two months off from training due to my knee injury so I figure what’s another month. I can’t wait to get back into training, I will almost be in an entirely different weight class!

Last night was a disaster got to work and realized I forgot my Flameout and Fiber Choice. I had my last shake for Day 3 @ about 0100 hours. While at work I felt pretty good, had one small coffee with one splenda at around 0400 hours and than had a shake at 0530.

The 0100 shake was the dinner shake
0530 shake was 2 scoops and one scoop leucine.

Had PT at 0800 hours was very sluggish and tired. Came home and went to sleep from 1000-1700.

NEPA was 60 min on the treadmill at the gym 4.0 mph at a grade of 3.0.

Now it’s on to my first shake of the day for day 4. Doing the midnight shift is going to make this tough especially when I go back to work after my days off.

Still feel great, no cravings or hallucinations yet. Walked by an Irish Pub and could smell the burgers which smelled amazing, but I was ok.

Day 4 is complete!

Work went a little better last night. Still didn’t get all of my shakes in, got 5 out of six and missed the bedtime shake.

1930-Shake 1
2200-Shake 2
0030-Shake 3
0200-Surge Shake
0500-Shake 4
0700-Shake 5

No hunger pains or cravings at work and a bunch of the guys were purposely eating in front of me to bust my balls. It didn’t work though. Towards the end of the shift, I did start to feel very weak and started to get a head ache.

Came home and went right to bed slept form about 1000-1800 hours. These hours really do suck.

I remembered all of the supplements last night.

Workout

Sumo Squat 135 lbs 9, 9, 9, 9, 4
Incline Dmb Bench 65 lbs 9, 9, 9, 8, 5
Wide grip lat pulldown 120 lbs 9, 9, 9, 8, 5
Plank 60 seconds for both sets

Felt very weak during this workout and my back was bothering me so I once again went very light on the deadlifts. Worked out at work for the first time and let me tell you that gym is horrible, but at least we have a gym. I was sweating my ass off by the end of the workout. Need to keep an eye on the stopwatch in b/w sets.

Day 5

Last night was pretty good at work. Felt a little sluggish and light headed for a while, but other than that I was good. I was able to get all of my shakes in. Had trouble sleeping today. Took 3 Z-12 pills and only slept from 1200-1700 hours. Usually sleep almost 8 hours. We’ll see how tonight goes.

Shake 1 2030 hours
Shake 2 2330 hours
Shake 3 0230 hours
Shake 4 0600 hours
Shake 5 1000 hours

All shakes taken with Flameout and Fiber Choice. I have been taking two HOT-ROX once when I wake up and another one 6 hrs later.

Had PT this morning at 0800 hours for an hour. Went well.

NEPA
61 min walk around the neighborhood. Just walked for time, was feeling a little sluggish.

Still no bad cravings or hunger pains. Looking forward to HSM tomorrow, going out with family for Father’s Day. HSM will be meal 1 tomorrow since I have to work.

Day 5 Continued

Just finished the V-Burn

Beginner
Total REps 10
REst 0 sec
Circuits 5

Took two HOT-ROX prior to training

B/W Squat
Ab wheel rollout from knees
Single leg deadlift
pushup
jumping jack
reverse lunge overhead reach
pike pushup
mountain climber

End Time 21:05

I may have done 6 circuits I lost count and didn’t want to cheat myself so I did an extra one.

Felt good, pretty winded. Showered and I am still dripping wet with sweat!

DAy 6 was rough only had 4 shakes and No NEPA. No bad cravings. Felt like I was in a fog at work, but other than that pretty good.

DAY 7

MEAL 1 HSM!!! WEnt out for dinner with my parents for Father’s day. HAd Halibut (6oz) a spinach salad, a big bowl of string beans and a potato dish. The serving size was small, but it was a pricey restaurant. Could have done without the potato dish. Dessert was some fruit consisting of pear and raspberries followed by a cup of black coffee. Not what I had hoped for, really wanted a Steak. Felt full and everything tasted delicious!

Other than the HSM, I didn’t do my NEPA had a two hour drive in pouring rain after working a all night. Crashed until dinner and than it was a two hour ride back to work all night.

HAd two shakes at work.

WEEK ONE IS DONE! Felt like it went well. Will weigh in later today.

Came home from work on Monday morning and went for my NEPA. Did 62 min. Went to sleep for three hours and than weighed in and took my measuremments. I will post those soon.

Day 8 consisted of sleep and my breakfast shake, than I fell asleep until today. As I said above, I did weigh in and take measurements and pics.

Here are my measurements from yesterday:

WEight 218.6 (-8.4)
Neck 17.5 (0)
Shoulders 50 (-.5)
Chest Upper 44 (-.5)
Chest Lower 42 (-.1.5)
Waist @ Naval 41.5 (-.5)
Waist at largest 42 (-1.0)
Upper ARm L 15 (+1.0)
Upper ARm R 14.75 (+.25)
Upper Leg L 24.5 (-.5)
Upper Leg R 26 (-.5)
Lower Leg L 16.25 (-.375)
Lower Leg R 16 (-.5)
Ankle L 10 (-.5)
Ankle R 9.875 (-.125)

Happy with the weight loss and the loss in the chest and waist. Doubt I gained in the arm, should probably take three measurements of each area every time.

Day 1 pics

Day 1 pics cont’d

Day 1 cont’d

Day 8 pics

Day 8 pics cont’d

Day 8 pics cont’d