Biotest

Accepting the V-Diet Challenge!

I will be embarking on my Velocity Diet Quest for a leaner body tomorrow: Monday, March 24, 2008. Lots of people have told me it’s crazy, and some have told me I won’t make it. I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do this, and anything I put my mind to for that matter. I believe I have held myself back in the past, preventing myself from reaching my full potential. I am ready to break free of the things that have held me down! I want to cut as much fat mass as possible while losing a minimal amount of muscle mass during this 4 week period.

I have some pics on my profile from two weeks ago. I will try to get at least a couple new pics each week.

Last time I weighed, a little over a week ago, I was 184. But I just got off spring break where I didn’t follow any eating plan. I will weigh tomorrow when I go to the gym.

I believe my body fat is around 17-18%, but I will be able to get an actual reading soon.

I am excited about this challenge! I can’t wait to see the results of the hard work I will be putting in over the next 28 days!

you don’t need the V-Diet. you need quality food, hard training and some time.

and Surge, Flameout, creatine perhaps :smiley:

good luck though

I plan on staying slightly under 1400 cal on non-training days and adding a Surge Recovery drink post-workout on training days.

Daily Plan:
8 scoops of Metabolic Drive - 800-900 cal/day
10 Fish Oil capsules - 100 cal/day
3 Tbsp Flax Seeds - 140 cal/day
1 pack of Instant Oatmeal - 130-200/cal day
1 serving Surge Recovery - 320 cal/training day

I will take 4 HOT-ROX Extreme each day.
I will take 12 BCAA on non-training days and 18 on training days.
I will take a Centrum and Vit C supplement each day too.

I currently do not have any peanut butter, but I have noticed it is the most popular substance not on my list. I will see how I do energy-wise without it since I will be eating oatmeal each day. If I feel like I need to add something, that is what I will go with.

I will be lifting MWF and I take Jujitsu on TR. Weekends will be recover time.
I will post my workouts each Mon, Wed, and Fri.

Updates will be added daily. Please leave a message, especially if you have advice!

Thanks jehovasfitness!

Yeah, that’s what lots of people have said. I have been making significant strength gains since January, when I started really training(using programs found on this site and better nutrition). Fat loss has been a struggle though as I have made minimal progress. That is what is motivating me to do this. It’s just as much a mental thing as it is physical. I have a lot to prove and I believe this will make me a tougher person.

This is my way of going “cold turkey” to break all my bad habits and start fresh when this is over. Clean eating(I already get made fun of, being a college student trying to eat healthy) and hard training is becoming my lifestyle and I want to make sure it is as pure as possible. This will also cleanse my system.

My advice:

Take out the oatmeal, it’s going to sabotage your ketognic state and you will be in diet hell. Get the PB right away, it balances out all the fats in the diet, and hold off on the BJJ, the extra cardio will kill you.

Other than that, good luck.

-dizzle

[quote]Trance27 wrote:
I will be embarking on my Velocity Diet Quest for a leaner body tomorrow: Monday, March 24, 2008. Lots of people have told me it’s crazy, and some have told me I won’t make it. I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do this, and anything I put my mind to for that matter. I believe I have held myself back in the past, preventing myself from reaching my full potential. I am ready to break free of the things that have held me down! I want to cut as much fat mass as possible while losing a minimal amount of muscle mass during this 4 week period.

I have some pics on my profile from two weeks ago. I will try to get at least a couple new pics each week.

Last time I weighed, a little over a week ago, I was 184. But I just got off spring break where I didn’t follow any eating plan. I will weigh tomorrow when I go to the gym.

I believe my body fat is around 17-18%, but I will be able to get an actual reading soon.

I am excited about this challenge! I can’t wait to see the results of the hard work I will be putting in over the next 28 days![/quote]

Hey Trance,

I will be embarking on this challenge tomorrow as well. I wish u nothin but the best! btw what sups are you taking and do you know anyone else who did the v diet?

Awesome! We will complete this together!

I am using Metabolic Drive (various flavors so I don’t get sick of any of them) and Surge Recovery for post-workout meal.

I am also taking HOT-ROX Extreme and BCAA. The HOT-ROX are incredible! I’ve been taking them for a couple weeks and they do curb appetite a bit and they give me energy.

I just read about other people doing the diet on here. There are tons of people who have been keeping blogs about it. BillO21 was the first one I read and he was successful.

Hope your first day is going well!

Hold off on the BJJ? What are you talking about? Beginning jujitsu? If that is what you meant, I can’t. I’m taking it as a class.
But I definitely will not be doing any cardio other than jujitsu.

I will be getting PB today. Any kind(s) I should get/avoid?

natural Peanut butter. It will have oil on the top separated, you have to stir it up and refridgerate it to keep it from separating again unless you don’t mind stiring it every time. Any other PB is not ‘natural.’ I like the smuckers brand PB.

and for sure take out the oats, its not in the v-diet, at all, not even an option.

[quote]Trance27 wrote:
Hold off on the BJJ? What are you talking about? Beginning jujitsu? If that is what you meant, I can’t. I’m taking it as a class.
But I definitely will not be doing any cardio other than jujitsu.

I will be getting PB today. Any kind(s) I should get/avoid?[/quote]

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. To be honest I would avoid any extra cardio, especially BJJ, it’ll exhaust you and you may end up losing muscle. You don’t realize what your energy levels are like until you WALK for 60 minutes on the v-diet, let alone grapple.

Get natural PB. There’s a difference between organic and natural, so get natural. Avoid Jif, Skippy, Peter Pan, etc. My favorite is Smuckers Natural (creamy). Open the lid and stir the oil that’s on top into the rest of it, then refrigerate it.

-dizzle

sorry dude, only accept friends who i know in real life, just a personal thing.

Hey dude!

Just wanted to say that I started the V-Diet today.

Day1 is going slightly harder than I thought it would be, but I’m holding on to my goal:
To loose at least 15 pounds of fat in 4 weeks, keeping my muscle mass.

And I’m doing Krav Maga sessions, 1 hour, 2 times per week. I just did my first session this week and it wasn’t that hard.
What I did was after I finished my class, I had around 100ml of orange juice and half a dose of Whey. The other half I took before class. I live in Brazil, so I don’t have access to Biotest stuff :frowning:

If I loose more than 2lbs of LBM I’m stopping the diet.

The first day is going pretty well, aside from all the “you’re crazy” comments from people. Despite only getting 5-6 hrs of sleep(I kept waking up cause I’m sick), I have energy and got through my workout.
Here’s the workout I did today:

Dumbbell bench: 70 lbs (x2) 6x4
Squats: 275 lbs 6x4
Pull-ups: bodyweight 6x4 (varying grip)
Barbell Calf Raises: 185lbs 4x10
Barbell Curls: 25lb plate/side 8x4
Triceps Extensions: 20lbs (x2) 6x4
Hamstring Curls: 80lbs (x2) 8x4

I had a Choc Surge pwo.

I’ll post the day’s summary tonight.

Day 1 Eating:
930a: BCAA x6, HOT-ROX x2
1015a: Fish Oil x2
1030a: 2 scoops Van Metabolic Drive
1230p: 2 scoops Choc Surge, BCAA x6 (PWO)
100p: Fish Oil x3
340p: HOT-ROX x2, Centrum
400p: 2 scoops Choc Metabolic Drive
500p: Fish Oil x3
630p: 2 scoops Choc Metabolic Drive, 2 tbsp Flax Seeds, 1 tbsp Nat PB
815p: 1 tbsp Nat PB
1115p: 1 tbsp Flax Seed, 2 scoops Van Metabolic Drive, BCAA x6

Total Calories: 1580

I weighed in after my workout at 181.5, ten pounds less than my Jan 1 weight! So my calorie limit is now 1650 instead of 1700.

Are you taking fiber tabs?

-dizzle

No. Should I?
What should I get?

Fiber Choice Sugar Free tablets, get the mixed fruit for variety. one bottle will last you 2 V-Diets actaully taking 2 tablets a day. The bottle will cost about 14 bucks. And yes, you should take them, first, give you some flavor, second give you needed fiber = healthy poo and full feeling stomach. Its in the V-Diet as layed out by Shugart for a reason.

I will definitely go get some tomorrow.
Day 2 is going well.

845a: BCAA x6, HOT-ROX x2
905a: Fish Oil x2, 2 scoops Choc Metabolic Drive
1100a: 1 scoop Choc Metabolic Drive
1230p: Fish Oil x3, 2 scoops Van Metabolic Drive
215p: 1 tbsp Flax Seeds
315p: 1 scoop Choc Metabolic Drive

Finishing up Day 2:

400p: HOT-ROX x2
500p: Fish Oil x3
600p: 1 tbsp Nat PB, 2 scoops Strb Metabolic Drive
645p: 1 tbsp Flax Seed
945p: 1 tbsp Flax Seed, 1 tbsp Nat PB
1145p: 2 scoops Van Metabolic Drive, BCAA x6

Just got back from my workout…
new weight = 178.5 lbs! First time under 180 since I got food poisoning a year ago and dropped 10 lbs in a weekend to hit 172!

I also got BeneFiber tablets. The store I went to didn’t have Fiber Choice.