Biotest

Above the Weight Range at 6'4

Hey Chris,

I was reading this forum and saw you said outliers of the weight range could still do the V-Diet with certain adjustments. I’m 6’4", 290 with decent muscle mass. My roommate (stlthx) is encouraging me to do it, so I should fit the criteria outside of being above the weight range. I just wanted to check with you and see what adjustments were necessary.

Ideally, post a photo or PM it to me please. I’ll let you know if this diet is for you.

Most outliers have to first “lie” to the V-Diet calculator because it will tell them they’re too overweight for the diet. 265 is the cut off. Then, most taller, heavily muscled guys add a scoop of Metabolic Drive to the daily total. Some choose to add BCAA tablets as well to act as muscle insurance.

So I should add a tub of Metabolic Drive and some BCAAs if this is for me? I don’t have access to a computer right now, but I can get you a picture later today.

I gave stlthx a picture of me and he’ll be PMing it to you.

[quote]hde128 wrote:
So I should add a tub of Metabolic Drive and some BCAAs if this is for me? I don’t have access to a computer right now, but I can get you a picture later today.[/quote]

That should do the trick.

Got the pic. I’d like to see you lose another 15 pounds or so before attempting the V-Diet.

See my article called “The 100 Gram Carb Cure.” That should do it.

Yeah, I can do that. I’ve got a couple more Pulse Fasts in the pantry, so that should get me close. I’ll carb-cycle until I hit 275, starting after tomorrow’s PF.

Awesome. Keep us posted!

Update: down around 280 now. I’m ordering my package. Yes, I remember you recommended 15 pounds, but I’m kinda restricted in my timing because I need the transition period to hit over Thanksgiving break. (Fully liquid diet on Thanksgiving would scare my mom.) I should lose a couple more pounds this week.

I might even have enough MAG-10 for another pulse. Anyway, I’ll stick with the carb cycling to a T for the next week and start on Sunday.

Cool. Keep us updated.

Update: Hair under 276 on Saturday! (278 on Sunday. Probably gluten-related bloat. I’ll call that 276 my starting weight.) V-Diet is a GO! I’ll be starting a log on Thursday when I get my computer back.

Very cool. Keep us posted!

Hey, another question:
Since I’m now around 275, do I still need the extra scoop a day?

You can start off without it, but keep it in mind as an option if needed. Many people find that they need one more or one less (more common) scoop per day than called for, and the V-Diet has that wiggle room built in.